Tuesday, July 5th, 2016 5:01am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 30,532

In other official image news, once more with the DO NOT COPY lettering and from TFSource, we have a look at the Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, and LG34 Mindwipe! The three deluxes also include the Titan Masters triple changer Legend class figures, as you can see from the images mirrored below - let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

Transformers News: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe

Credit(s): TFSource

Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803320)
Posted by Cyberpath on July 5th, 2016 @ 5:11am CDT
Yay! Been waiting for these to surface.

But sigh, more drones. Mindwipe even has the same one as Skullcruncher. Wish they ditched those, especially now that the Yen is strong.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803327)
Posted by MemphisR56 on July 5th, 2016 @ 7:11am CDT

That's still going to be my go to chromedome and stylor though.

All the others I'm not sure they're different enough to really justify splashing out on takara, considering my nation's current self-inflicted economic blight :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803338)
Posted by Randomhero on July 5th, 2016 @ 8:21am CDT
MemphisR56 wrote:definitely looks like the same headsculpt on Domey there. Sorry to burst a few bubbles. It's too difficult to tell with all the artefacts in there whether they changed the paint on the visor though.

That's still going to be my go to chromedome and stylor though.

It's not the same it's different. The IDW/hasbro version has more smooth curves. This one has a more straight edge blocky look.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803339)
Posted by Kurona on July 5th, 2016 @ 8:41am CDT
Yeah, they seem to be continuing the whole Headmasters-accurate heads thing.
Think they'll show Brainstorm in the next batch?
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803342)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 5th, 2016 @ 8:55am CDT
Hominahominahomina!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chromedome looks like the anime. Same with the rest. So would Brainstorm then sport a mouth instead of a face guard?
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803347)
Posted by Randomhero on July 5th, 2016 @ 9:09am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Hominahominahomina!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that's a given that Brainstorm will have a mouth. It's hard to believe they'd alter everyone except him.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803351)
Posted by william-james88 on July 5th, 2016 @ 9:25am CDT
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803353)
Posted by steals_your_goats on July 5th, 2016 @ 9:33am CDT
william-james88 wrote:legends groove.

Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803354)
Posted by william-james88 on July 5th, 2016 @ 9:37am CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:
william-james88 wrote:legends groove.

william-james88 wrote:There is a ton of Hasbro exclusive tooling and redecos Takara hasnt released

That aint the Groove bro, sure as hell aint his deco.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803355)
Posted by Randomhero on July 5th, 2016 @ 9:43am CDT
william-james88 wrote:IF they release Brainstorm. That is still far from a guarantee. There is a ton of Hasbro exclusive tooling and redecos Takara hasnt released lately like the Plainum DInobots with new G1 heads, the reissue of Perceptor with new accessories, legends Groove and I dont think they will release Hasbro's version of CW Strafe. I am holding no hope until I see it.

I think they will. It's true they've yet to release certain retools and remolds but this is is headmasters. That was their series and they're going out of their way to make new heads for these guys. It's just a matter of time. My first thought was "God they'll mall make it an online or mall exclusive like deadlock or some of the combiners"

It's surprising it took them 2 1/3 years to do release skids and it wasn't even a toy deco it was straight MTMTE. Still waiting and hoping for Jhiaxus. Takara is picky when it comes to doing characters.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803356)
Posted by steals_your_goats on July 5th, 2016 @ 9:43am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
william-james88 wrote:legends groove.

That aint the Groove bro, sure as hell aint his deco.

But they still released the mold. That example doesn't exactly hold up to the other examples you mentioned since it was released in a way.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803360)
Posted by william-james88 on July 5th, 2016 @ 9:53am CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:

But by the logic you present, that means they could release brainstorm as another character with a different colour. Takara not releasing the Groove legends deco is a hint that they dont like releasing the same character in the legends line and they already released a Legends Brainstorm. So my example is very apt. So going by what you have stated, if Takara releases the Brainstorm retool then it would be as a different character.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803363)
Posted by steals_your_goats on July 5th, 2016 @ 10:03am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803364)
Posted by Kurona on July 5th, 2016 @ 10:04am CDT
It's extremely hard to believe they won't do Brainstorm. I guess anything's possible, but it's also possible that they'll cancel all production on Transformers movies after Last Knight. There's just some things that are easy to count on.
Hell, even if they don't release Brainstorm... I can see them making a new mold for Brainstorm. I know it sounds crazy, but so far all the new molds they've made - Blast Off, Groove - have been for the sake of completing a set. So if they somehow don't get their hands on that Brainstorm, they'll sure as hell make their own because there's no way they're making a line of the Headmasters and missing Brainstorm. It's like ordering a Pizza, Garlic Bread and a bottle of Coke but they ran out of Garlic Bread and don't charge you for it. You're happy with what you got, yeah, but there's something very significant missing.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803368)
Posted by william-james88 on July 5th, 2016 @ 10:09am CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:That's not what I said at all but if you want to take this route than the override/groove comparison isn't indicative of anything regarding the legends line since override was released under TAV and deluxe groove was released under unite warriors. Takara has already released characters twice under the legends line like rat trap and rhinox but they use them as exclusives. So they very well could just use the brain storm tooling but as an exclusive instead.

Your right and I can totally see that and I agree. But that still means everyone is back where we started off since Brainstorm is not part of Hasbro's standard schedule and so far Takara is following that schedule quite closely. An exclusve makes sense, but what is the most any of you would pay for a deluxe Brainstorm from Takara? Because Rattrap and co were 40$ back when the exchange was in our favor.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803369)
Posted by steals_your_goats on July 5th, 2016 @ 10:14am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I still think they can release him as a standard release. Just because the legends line hasn't released the same character twice (outside exclusives) doesn't mean they can't. Only time will tell though
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803371)
Posted by william-james88 on July 5th, 2016 @ 10:16am CDT
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803376)
Posted by Randomhero on July 5th, 2016 @ 10:33am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Question for all of you though, are you still planning on buying these toys at 40$ a piece? I placed my preorders for who I wanted in the previous wave and bought when the yen was lower but it looks like I am sticking with hasbro for the entirety of Wave 2 of Titans Return. How about you guys?

I'm going hasbro. I've never had issues with how they do stuff the cost is cheaper for me. Even buying from a straight Japanese vendor doesn't make it cheaper for me most of the time and I don't mind just checking out a couple walmarts and targets on my days off.

Personally I don't demand and need cartoon accuracy, just having the character is good enough for me. Now when it came to the femcons, I bought those and Ultra Magnus and skids because they were gorgeous and I had a little extra cash to toss at an import.
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803377)
Posted by william-james88 on July 5th, 2016 @ 10:36am CDT
Randomhero wrote:

We are of the same mind ;)^
Re: Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, LG34 Mindwipe (1803381)
Posted by SeventhSage on July 5th, 2016 @ 11:01am CDT
Love their Headmaster style heads! So lookin forward to these guys!

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Kit & Parts By Hasbro Ultimate Class E1:01 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Deluxe Lot. Crosshairs and Drift" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Loyal Subjects Optimus Prime Action Figure Funko Pop Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Shrapnel insecticon in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 ramjet Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Sideswipe Autobot 84 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Thrust Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Construct-Bots Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron Construction Set" on EBAY