Transformers News: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC

Thursday, October 3rd, 2019 6:43PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 24,189

After the cool reveal of the Wave 1 Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise figures earlier today, we have some brand new stock images to show you of all the revealed figures!

The Battlemaster class includes Soundbarrier, a new character who transforms into a shield. They will be packaged with a rerelease of the Siege Battlemaster Smashdown.

The Micromaster classes include the Hot Rod Patrol and the Military Patrol, consisting of Daddy-O, Trip-Up, Bombshock, and Growl, respectively.

The deluxe assortment consists of Hoist, Cliffjumper, Wheeljack, and Ironworks. The former 3 are based on their original cartoon appearances while the 4th is a new robot based on the Micromaster Ironworks base.

The voyagers consist of new mold Earth mode Starscream and Grapple, who show some similarities to the Classics seeker mold and the Masterpiece Grapple figures.

And the Leader consists of Optimus Prime complete with his trailer that functions as a repair bay.

Check out the images below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Credit(s): New York Comic Con

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040574)
Posted by o.supreme on October 3rd, 2019 @ 7:00pm CDT
Now that I've had a few hours to absorb whats going on, I have several thoughts. I had speculated a while ago about Hasbro re-releasing Smashdown. Glad they are doing it for all those who didn't get one he first time. Also the re-release of older figures serves twofold. So that fans get a second chance to pick up figures maybe they passed on the first time, and gives Hasbro *Breathing Room* I guess to stretch out their releases. They don't always have to have two leaders at the start now etc... We've seen it within the same line, its just been a really long time since we've seen them cross lines, but its not unprecedented. Tidal Wave and Overload got re releases in Energon from Armada, but they also got new paint jobs. I wonder if any changes will be made to Astrotrain or Smashdown besides packaging?

Not thrilled at Cliffjumper being a deluxe, but oh well. I know fans have waited long enough, I wouldn't have gotten it anyone. he's not for me, he's for others ;)

Also it seems Omega Supreme will serve as the Bridge (both literally and figuratively) between older and newer Base/Station figures. I haven't purchased any leaders in the last two lines, but I may start again, since the BM's (which I already get) will have connectors, and the Leaders will as well. Kind of glad the deluxes don't, (other than weaponizes) that would be tough.

Oddly enough, I didn't get any of the Optimus' toys from PotP or Siege, so getting one in ER, that happens to fit my collecting aesthetic, and hearkens back to the original is kind of cool.
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040575)
Posted by Ebonyleopard on October 3rd, 2019 @ 7:00pm CDT
Is it me or does Cliffjumper sorta look like that 3P MP scaled Toro figure?
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040578)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 3rd, 2019 @ 7:15pm CDT
Ebonyleopard wrote:Is it me or does Cliffjumper sorta look like that 3P MP scaled Toro figure?

It's exactly what I thought when i saw him. and that thing was crap from what I heard
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040583)
Posted by Ebonyleopard on October 3rd, 2019 @ 7:20pm CDT
With the explanation of why Primes hands are gray I can live with that. Not like someone isn’t going to just make an upgrade kit for them anyway. We already have the perfect Roller, the targetmaster one that came with the legends class TT Prime.
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040589)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on October 3rd, 2019 @ 7:43pm CDT
I’m not totally sold on Hoist, but I do want to be able to display him with my Constructicons for some The Master Builders recreations. On that note, Grapple is very nice. I was never much a fan of the older CHUG figure.

That Starscream is pretty sharp, I have some hardcore regrets of getting the SIEGE figure now.

No sure about ol’ CJ, although I do like that he’ll hopefully be unique from Bumblebee.

I’ll be sticking with my Generations Wheeljack though. This isn’t different enough for me to double-dip.

I’m definitely intrigued by Ironworks or whatever his name is. New blood oil is always good.
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040590)
Posted by sol magnus on October 3rd, 2019 @ 7:47pm CDT
Kinda loving all these guys. I do find it somewhat weird that this is a three year storyline. Is part 3 going to be "back to Cybertron" since this is the War For Cybertron series?

Anyway, the hits keep coming. I guess I gotta buy two Optimus Primes, because that one is perfect for my son. I do like the Siege Laser Rifle (Ion Blaster my ###) better, but I guess I can live with it.

Don't know where I stand on Starscream, but we'll see what develops.
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040592)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on October 3rd, 2019 @ 7:48pm CDT
Ebonyleopard wrote:With the explanation of why Primes hands are gray I can live with that.

What was the explanation? I missed that.
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040595)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 3rd, 2019 @ 8:05pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:

What was the explanation? I missed that.

Nemesis Primal wrote:someone did ask Warden about the color changes on Prime. His response was that they were having issues with the molding where parts that were not supposed to be blue were ending up getting molded in blue, and to fix it they had to trade off the blue hands and repair drone.
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040596)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 3rd, 2019 @ 8:05pm CDT
Not gonna lie, really excited by the prospects of a selects artfire, those zany colors just do it for me over inferno by a wide margin
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040600)
Posted by william-james88 on October 3rd, 2019 @ 8:34pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Hoist: I had hopes, but then, this happened. That robot mode does not look good at all. He just, no.

I agree it doesn't. But thats cause that G1 design never looked good. I remember talking to Cobotron about this and he said of all the autobot diaclone designs, that was easily the worst. I agree.

Wheeljack: that right there is the MP shrunk down. kinda really lame.

How is that lame, sounds pretty awesome to me. The MP is an excellent toy and now I have something like that for a smaller scale.

Grapple: also the MP scaled down

Also sounds good, especially since I found the MP rather simple in every other aspect outside the ladder magic. So it will feel better at this lower scale.

without crane magic and with some hollow parts

Sounds less good now, but I think thats forgiveable.

Prime: a not very well colored version of MP-10. Also lame.

I think everyone has issues with the colours, no argument there but I think he's even worse than a shrunk down MP-10. Did you see the back of the cab? MP10 at least looks really good in cab mode.

What the hell were they thinking? We went from wonderful detail to flat boxes once again! NO! How could you regress so badly?

I can totally answer that, it's because of all the whining. The lamenting of the greebling was endless and if I was Warden I would simply think there is no reason to keep doing all the details if no one will appreciate it. No one who liked it was overly vocal, I can only recall people hating that (same with the battle damage).
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040602)
Posted by jacob_savloff on October 3rd, 2019 @ 8:48pm CDT
The first images of these guys, especially Cliffjumper, made me weary, but now I'm sold.
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040605)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 3rd, 2019 @ 9:11pm CDT
I just realized Zarak and Cerebros have similar connection parts for head mode. Does that mean that potentially we can swap Fort Max and Scorponok's heads?
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040606)
Posted by emlit on October 3rd, 2019 @ 9:12pm CDT
I’ll call it now. Wheeljack’s mold will be re-tooled as Sunstreaker.
32331EEA-5C02-4B20-8BCB-0B7E42F120C8.png
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040610)
Posted by skycutter on October 3rd, 2019 @ 9:24pm CDT
Skritz wrote:Sinxe this is all mimicking the pattern of Siege reveals (pure GEEWUN pandering+obscure things remade as weaponizers+targetmasters and micromasters, anyone want to take bets on which character from outside of GEEWUN will show up as a retool? Last time we got Galaxy Convoy. My guess is logically it would be a retool of the unseen second Leader mold as something else or a Voyager retool of some kind.

Any ideas?

A Select mudflap from grapple mold, to go with the new card we just got for him
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040611)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on October 3rd, 2019 @ 9:56pm CDT
skycutter wrote:

Any ideas?

A Select mudflap from grapple mold, to go with the new card we just got for him

Wrecker Hook from Hoist
Road Rage from the possible Tracks from Wheeljack
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040612)
Posted by blackeyedprime on October 3rd, 2019 @ 10:07pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Weird, one of my faves, probably from having the orig as a child plus it always reminded me of some of the robots in Ulysses 31 which getting toys of were near impossible back then (Shoji Kawamori creator of Macross VFs/jetfire/skids toy did some work on that cartoon too, not sure which designer created diaclone hoist). The Robot mode looks like it will go well with the classics Grapple and 3rd party ironhide as they all have back arm kibble which is partly why I'll skip Earthstrikes grapple.

Edit* also ID toys in UK has preorders up for them.
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040613)
Posted by LE0KING on October 3rd, 2019 @ 10:10pm CDT
Wow... G1 designs... again... so innovative.
Ironworks and the MMs are the only ones here I have any interest in at all.
Oh and fyi the nycc exclusives are up on pulse.
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040617)
Posted by Cobotron on October 3rd, 2019 @ 10:31pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Indeed. But that's not to say that I don't like him.

Sometimes, things are good because they're so bad. When I was a kid I thought he was the derpiest thing I'd ever seen. But now, I have come to appreciate his derp.

I'm maybe most excited for Hoist out of everything we've seen.
And maybe the shield dude. :D
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040622)
Posted by Skritz on October 3rd, 2019 @ 11:45pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Is this in response to the bruising the GEEWUN brand team's pride took when Primal won the PotP poll?

I'm gonna catch so much shit from this but its too funny: they got TDS. Transmetal Derangement Syndrome! It was the Quintessons rigging the votes! Its gonna be like that until Star Saber wins the poll. :lol:
Re: Official Images - Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Reveals #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2040623)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 3rd, 2019 @ 11:54pm CDT
Skritz wrote:

I'm gonna catch so much **** from this but its too funny: they got TDS. Transmetal Derangement Syndrome! It was the Quintessons rigging the votes! Its gonna be like that until Star Saber wins the poll. :lol:

I think it's Needlenose at this point considering he's lost 2 polls in a row :lol:

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
"NYCC 2019"
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Krok and Quake 100% Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Wolfwire and Brainstorm 100% Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Leader Class Overlord" on EBAY
Buy "NEW TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN GRAX & SKULLSMASHER DELUXE ACTION FIGURE 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Daburu & Twinferno Figure Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Leader Class Sound blaster and Soundwave SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Breakaway Getaway Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Hasbro Deluxe Class Slugslinger & Caliburst" on EBAY