Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update

Transformers News: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update

Saturday, June 20th, 2015 7:00PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 60,939

Here are the Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel at BotCon 2015. Enjoy!

Update: These now include in package images for Leader Starscream, Prowl's alt mode and official Sunstreaker Images.

Transformers News: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel UPDATE

Credit(s): Hasbro

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701221)
Posted by Seibertron on June 20th, 2015 @ 7:03pm CDT
Here are the Official Product Images of Robots In Disguise reveals from Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel at BotCon 2015. Enjoy!

Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701223)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on June 20th, 2015 @ 7:06pm CDT
Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701224)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on June 20th, 2015 @ 7:06pm CDT
Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701226)
Posted by Whifflefire on June 20th, 2015 @ 7:09pm CDT
Hi everyone!
This is my first post, though I've been lurking the sight Since the first TFSS reveals. This news is so big it finally convinced me to leave a comment.

That Skylynx looks absolutely fantastic! It will be mine!

Bruticus looks awesome, though after all I went through to get the FOC version I'll just let my roommate/brother get it. (He intends to make an account eventually, too. He might steal my account sometimes.)

It's certainly a fantastic time to be a TransFormers fan. Devastator, Trypticon, Victorion, Skylynx and all the rest of the combiners make me proud to be a geek!
Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701230)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 20th, 2015 @ 7:12pm CDT
Skyreign's head gives me a Victory Leo vibe! Nice homage!
Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701231)
Posted by Rated X on June 20th, 2015 @ 7:14pm CDT
Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701232)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on June 20th, 2015 @ 7:14pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:I'm increasingly torn by the Skylynx. I've wanted an updated Skylynx for years, and have even been toying with my own designs for what I envision it able to be at its utmost. Knowing that nothing can compare to my exact ideal, I find that this one while a esthetically pleasing doesn't mean that it meets the basic requirements for a Skylynx to me. The lack of two seperate pieces takes a lot of the play value I want and like about Skylynx away. ReplacING two pieces with one unasked for combiner mode is... interesting.

Yeah, I was hoping for an unrevealed possibility to pull him apart, but if such a thing was possible, it would probably have been featured in the just released official product shots. (After all, they just showed a third mode for Buzzsaw that I wasn't expecting!)

Every time I look at a photo of that Sky Lynx toy, I just think, "Gah! I want to be able to rip it in half, pull out a head for the lynx, and fold down some legs for the bird!" Also, in vehicle mode, it makes it hard for the shuttle to fly when it is permanently affixed to it's crawler-transporter.

Still, even though I am sad at this loss of functionality, I cannot help but think it is an awesome looking toy that must be mine.

Damn you, Hasbro, for making me want something, yet not making it perfect! (Now if you excuse me, I need to go cue up track 10 on Weird Al's most recent album...)
Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701236)
Posted by MenaceRX on June 20th, 2015 @ 7:21pm CDT
Very nicely done Hasbro. Nicely done.

Voyage SkyLinx, Bruticus, All 4 of Series 4 Combiner Deluxes, And combined to Skylinx looks like we will get a Trailbreaker, Hound, and Smokescreen as well which will be what Wave 2 for 2016?

I am loving the combiner wars series.
Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701237)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on June 20th, 2015 @ 7:21pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Why does vortex have a mouth ? Is that the blades head ? So many CW heads with faceplates that could have been used. And didnt fireflight have a faceplate? They should have used that head. :BANG_HEAD:

On figures that are pretty much just straight repaints, they kind of have to go with the head that is part of the mold. To use Fireflight's head, they'd have to make a toy with the Alpha Bravo/Blades mold, a toy with the Fireflight mold, throw out the heads on the first one, and throw out the rest of the figure on the second. It isn't like they can just take the Fireflight mold and say, "Only pour plastic into the part with the head!"

That being said, if a faceplate was that important, maybe they should have gone with the Alpha Bravo head rather than the Blades one?
Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701239)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on June 20th, 2015 @ 7:28pm CDT
Is it just me, or do the official combiner wars pics look even more heavily photoshopped than normal? I was looking at these and going "dang, did someone just recolor these guys on the computer or something?"
Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701240)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 20th, 2015 @ 7:28pm CDT
Yotsuyasan wrote:

So wait, who should and should not have a mouthplate? Vortex has one (a repaint of a/b) and should, if memory serves correctly; Blast Off does not and should, correct?

Maybe you put the wrong name into your comment X :???:
Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701242)
Posted by Gearslide on June 20th, 2015 @ 7:32pm CDT
...Wouldn't it make WAY more sense to use the Firefly version of the mold for Blast Off instead of the Quickslinger??

The issue though is that Blast Off has BOTH a visor AND a mouthplate. Firefly has the mouthplate, while Quickslinger has the visor. But I feel like the mouthplate is more synonymous to Blast Off than the visor.

Then again, I guess they need to use the Quickslinger mold a little more to cover costs for it's original production.

Still, it's an official Bruticus that doesn't look like a Gorilla, so I won't complain that much.
Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701246)
Posted by LE0KING on June 20th, 2015 @ 7:45pm CDT
In all honesty I wasn't interested in Skylynx until I saw that combined mode. I'm not getting any complete teams, only buying one of each mold due to money, and he makes a great torso. Plus, since I don't care about G1 accuracy at all, that thing is great as it is, and it is awesome.
Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701247)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 20th, 2015 @ 7:46pm CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Wait... Blast Off is a straight redeco of Quickslinger?!

I suspect Takara will come to our rescue...again. I also want them to fix Vortex's colors. I know the yellow and red details are toy accurate, as is Hasbro's usual modus operandi, but they look awful. I'd rather the more subdued pallet of the G1 cartoon model.

Isn't Hasbro giving us BOTH colorations though? G1 cartoon AND G1 toy accurate Combaticons at retail?

I think that's only in reference to Onslaught, specifically if the combiner torso features a brown chest plate like the cartoon or a silver chest plate like the original toy.
Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701249)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on June 20th, 2015 @ 7:50pm CDT
ok a lot to react to here, where to start

i guess Bruticus is a good start, looks good, nice to have the true team there, and i think all of them look good. I am dissapointed that Blast off is a Quickslinger repaint, but a jet still fits the esthetic. so it could have gone much worse. Still im interested to see what Takara might do, I'd love to see Bruticus with a cartoon accurate chestplate

did they actually give Legends Shockwave his gun mode? sweet. he will go great with Bruticus.

Chop Shop, nice to get a full sized version. wheres my Kickback?

Buzzsaw, looks good, cant wait for the Laserbeak repaint

Wreck-gar, meh i have an awesome deluxe

Sky-Linx, Wow, that looks awsome, and there actually might be a way to get a linx mode that they arnt showing us. given how the linx combiner head is on the opposite side of the shuttle and how those legs have to have a swivel to get in that combined form, i wouldnt be surprised if the linx form was fan modded somehow.

combiner autobots, ok how many of these were actually needed. they look nice and i like how Trailbreaker has a gun arm, but the only one who really needed a new figure of the bunch was Ironhide, and even thats debatable, oh well, crazy combining updates if you want them. personally i would have preffered new combining characters. also i do hope we get a Slice out of that Wheeljack mold

Leader Seekers, again im a little meh on this. they wont be replacing my deluxe classic seekers since i want them to be smaller than Skyfire not the same size, may get them anyway though

i think that covers my reactions to Generations
Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701251)
Posted by Shockwave7 on June 20th, 2015 @ 7:52pm CDT
Bruticus looks OK... not perfect, but good. And I never liked Sky Lynx, that big red box hanging underneath him. But this doesn't look too bad...
Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701253)
Posted by Zeedust on June 20th, 2015 @ 7:59pm CDT
You guys can treat that as G1 Wheeljack. He's gonna be Prime Wheeljack to me with that sword.

...Does anyone have a clue what Buzzsaw's vehicle mode is? It's a thing on wheels but past that I'm stumped.

Sky Reign is GLORIOUSLY random.
Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701254)
Posted by Shockwave7 on June 20th, 2015 @ 7:59pm CDT
grimdragon2001 wrote: Still im interested to see what Takara might do, I'd love to see Bruticus with a cartoon accurate chestplate

Eh, I wouldn't care for it. The only reason they drew his chestplate like that in the cartoon was to simplify it so they could animate it. It would have taken them forever to draw toy-accurate versions of the figures. Better to have animation and shows made accurate to the toys than to have figures dumbed down to be accurate to the shows ;)
Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701255)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 20th, 2015 @ 8:01pm CDT
Man! Give me a black/purple/gold repaint of Sky-Lynx; really hate when Autobots look soooo much more epic than the Decepticons (not that Bruticus isn't a complete beast)

Also, anyone else notice if you put skydive's tail fins at a 45 degree angle he resembles Blast-Off's fall of cybertron shuttle mode?
Re: Official Product Images of Combiner Wars Reveals from Hasbro Panel Update (1701256)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 20th, 2015 @ 8:10pm CDT
Thanks for the official Hasbro stock photos, Seibertron! :)

Are there any for CW Sunstreaker, though? He seems to be the only one missing.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #203 - Light Bringer