Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron

Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron

Wednesday, July 13th, 2011 3:49am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 72,366

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of Cybergundam, we have official product images of the upcoming Takara two-packs, the Transformers Chronicle Series. The first two-pack features Generation One Optimus Prime, paired with DOTM Deluxe Prime with Mechtech Trailer. The second features Prime's nemesis, Megatron, in his DOTM Voyager form, paired with his Generation One form. Great opportunity for new collectors who have yet to have a Generation One version of their favorite Transformers, and it also gives fans a chance if they missed out on the first release of Takara's Mechtech trailer. Prices in yen, site sponsor pre-order links, and product images await you below.

Transformers TF Chronicle 01 G1 & Movie Optimus Prime - 10,000 Yen - BigBadToyStore/TFsource/ToyArena/Kapow Toys
Image
Image
Image


Transformers TF Chronicle 02 G1 & Movie Megatron - 10,000 Yen - BigBadToyStore/TFsource/ToyArena/Kapow Toys

Image
Image
Image

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Cybergundam


This article was last modified on Wednesday, July 13th, 2011 5:16am CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258141)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on July 13th, 2011 @ 4:15am CDT
Umm isnt that Deluxe Optimus? But if he did get a trailer just like in the pic that would be frickin awesome.Though the trailer looks like the same trailer the G1 is using...

Wow I would totally get the Megs set if it werent for the horrible looking G1 Megs. I see alot of chrome and more paint apps on the DOTM Megs O.O...Even a chrome mechtech...Awesome !
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258152)
Posted by Kamex on July 13th, 2011 @ 5:08am CDT
Yep, it's deluxe prime. I think megs is fine without chrome, less of a need to worry about protecting it.
Bummer though that he doesn't come with his barrel and butt extensions...
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258154)
Posted by Blurrz on July 13th, 2011 @ 5:13am CDT
Deluxe? This set is confusing...
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258182)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on July 13th, 2011 @ 7:04am CDT
damn i knew there was a catch for such a nicly painted megs! A G1 one without the chrome and barrel/butt extentions ! :sad: damn... which one should i take buy? regular DOTM megs, this, or wait for the possibility of a single release of a painted/ or leader megs? :-(
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258183)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on July 13th, 2011 @ 7:05am CDT
Blurrz wrote:Deluxe? This set is confusing...


Take it as the trailer makes up for primes's delux/voyager price diffrence from megs, and these 2 sets are at the same price point. But... Me want meg's barrel/butt extention :sad:
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258200)
Posted by joevill on July 13th, 2011 @ 7:40am CDT
Pretty cool but I cannot see myself spending so much money on toys I already have so many versions of.
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258210)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 13th, 2011 @ 7:57am CDT
I woulda loved these to be released in the States, especially the Megatron pack. -sigh- :-(
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258216)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 13th, 2011 @ 8:10am CDT
Wow Takara, you dropped the ball on this, horrible looking G1 Megs and no accessories for the G1 counterparts in the set.
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258221)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 13th, 2011 @ 8:27am CDT
Hmm, not interested. I already own the encore reissues of Megatron and Prime and Voyager Megatron. So... waste of money for me, here. And their G1 Megs looks pretty sad, too.
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258260)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on July 13th, 2011 @ 9:50am CDT
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258301)
Posted by Seibertron on July 13th, 2011 @ 11:15am CDT
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:What happened to G1 Megatron's sword and blue legs D:

Image

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/chronicle03-set-to-feature-generation-one-bumblebee/21536/


I was excited about the changes to this set until I saw your post and remembered that I was excited about the Megaplex Megatron coming with the set. Ugh.

Well, this still gives me a version of G1 Megatron that I don't own. If the picture in this news story is 100% accurate, I believe this is the original Takara Transformers Megatron (notice the lack of chrome on his chest). If it is, then I don't have this version yet!
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258312)
Posted by NovaSentinel on July 13th, 2011 @ 11:30am CDT
that looks like a brand new trailer styled like the dotm trailer that fits on both figures. it looks like it opens weirdly as well (note the hinge through one side of the front top)
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258313)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 13th, 2011 @ 11:32am CDT
Hmm, they painted Megatron, but still kept him rusty brown... I guess they want screen accuracy.
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258317)
Posted by Seibertron on July 13th, 2011 @ 11:36am CDT
NovaSentinel wrote:that looks like a brand new trailer styled like the dotm trailer that fits on both figures. it looks like it opens weirdly as well (note the hinge through one side of the front top)


It's the MechTech trailer that comes with the Voyager Class version in Japan.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/dark-of-the-moon/optimus-prime-with-mechtech-trailer/2397/

Image

Image
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258354)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 13th, 2011 @ 12:35pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
NovaSentinel wrote:that looks like a brand new trailer styled like the dotm trailer that fits on both figures. it looks like it opens weirdly as well (note the hinge through one side of the front top)


It's the MechTech trailer that comes with the Voyager Class version in Japan.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/dark-of-the-moon/optimus-prime-with-mechtech-trailer/2397/

Image

Image


Look again. That trailer would be way too big for the Deluxe Prime, plus I've spotted a difference: The Chronicles trailer has MechTech holes in the front:

Image

Which means it's a new mold. That doesn't exactly help me over my disappointment. Let's see what each set has:

Optimus Prime
+ New Trailer for DotM Deluxe Prime
- No G1 Trailer for G1 Prime

Megatron
- DotM Megatron has nothing really special
- No accessories for G1 Megatron aside from the scope.

Looking at G1 Megatron a bit closer, it's a replica of the Good Bye Megatron edition, which has no chrome, but has the red of the Hasbro releases, plus the scope.
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258368)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 13th, 2011 @ 12:54pm CDT
No chance in hell I'd buy this.
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258389)
Posted by Seibertron on July 13th, 2011 @ 1:19pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
NovaSentinel wrote:that looks like a brand new trailer styled like the dotm trailer that fits on both figures. it looks like it opens weirdly as well (note the hinge through one side of the front top)


It's the MechTech trailer that comes with the Voyager Class version in Japan.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/dark-of-the-moon/optimus-prime-with-mechtech-trailer/2397/

Image

Image


Look again. That trailer would be way too big for the Deluxe Prime, plus I've spotted a difference: The Chronicles trailer has MechTech holes in the front:

Image

Which means it's a new mold. That doesn't exactly help me over my disappointment. Let's see what each set has:

Optimus Prime
+ New Trailer for DotM Deluxe Prime
- No G1 Trailer for G1 Prime

Megatron
- DotM Megatron has nothing really special
- No accessories for G1 Megatron aside from the scope.

Looking at G1 Megatron a bit closer, it's a replica of the Good Bye Megatron edition, which has no chrome, but has the red of the Hasbro releases, plus the scope.


Wow ... you're right about the trailer. That's a bit awesome.
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258394)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 13th, 2011 @ 1:23pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
NovaSentinel wrote:that looks like a brand new trailer styled like the dotm trailer that fits on both figures. it looks like it opens weirdly as well (note the hinge through one side of the front top)


It's the MechTech trailer that comes with the Voyager Class version in Japan.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/dark-of-the-moon/optimus-prime-with-mechtech-trailer/2397/

Image

Image


Look again. That trailer would be way too big for the Deluxe Prime, plus I've spotted a difference: The Chronicles trailer has MechTech holes in the front:

Image

Which means it's a new mold. That doesn't exactly help me over my disappointment. Let's see what each set has:

Optimus Prime
+ New Trailer for DotM Deluxe Prime
- No G1 Trailer for G1 Prime

Megatron
- DotM Megatron has nothing really special
- No accessories for G1 Megatron aside from the scope.

Looking at G1 Megatron a bit closer, it's a replica of the Good Bye Megatron edition, which has no chrome, but has the red of the Hasbro releases, plus the scope.


Wow ... you're right about the trailer. That's a bit awesome.


Well, ain't that a "Derp" moment. 8-}
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258395)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 13th, 2011 @ 1:24pm CDT
The Megatron would be intersting to get, if only as a stand-in for the Good Bye version. The original Takara release of G1 Megatron still had the blue legs instead of red, based on the original Microchange figure, the very same figure eHobby Megaplex is based on ;)

If I had to get one Chronicle Set, it would have to be Optimus Prime, or the upcoming Bumblebee one. even then, the first is only for the Deluxe-sized trailer. Then again, none of my other Deluxe Prime have trailers... "Elitist"...
Re: Official Product Images of Transformers Chronicle Series - Optimus Prime and Megatron (1258404)
Posted by robofreak on July 13th, 2011 @ 1:55pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:No chance in hell I'd buy this.


I was going to get it until my hopes and dreams of having a G1 Megatron reissue just got cruelly smashed. I was really hoping for a complete reissue of Megatron.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Kit & Parts By Hasbro Ultimate Class E1:01 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation Combiner Wars 2015 G2 Deluxe Class Air Raid Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Deluxe Lot. Crosshairs and Drift" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Loyal Subjects Optimus Prime Action Figure Funko Pop Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "transformers generations armada starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars AIR RAID Generations BRAND NEW UNOPENED with COMIC" on EBAY