Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers

Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers

Thursday, July 9th, 2015 5:30pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 28,540

To add to all the images and news (and repaints) coming out of San Diego Comic Con, the official Transformers Facebook page have posted official stock images, with some promotional flare, of the fan-built combiner Victorion, both in gestalt and individual Torchbearer modes. Check them out mirrored below, and let us know what you think of the 'sleeker' paintjobs of the magic of digital manipulation!

Transformers News: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers

Credit(s): Transformers Facebook

Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708015)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:31pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:I like the idea, but the execution? Nah. What the ****'s the point of having a female combiner team when they're just repaints of male characters? That bothered me from the start. And now the fact that they're all the same colors, and have the same exact mold for two different characters just doesn't do it for me. I hope they make another female combiner team just so they have the chance to get it... well, better than this. I'm not pissed, just wondering what made them think this was the way to go about it.

Well we knew they were repaints, not sure what everyone was expecting; the design of the legs' transformation made it nigh on impossible to do much augmenting to. And since all of them lay on their chests, some even flip up into cramped areas with the head too, there was much room to change their chests, that the car-bots have different chests is nice. Hotspot wouldn't have any ground clearance if they gave her a new chest, and messing with the thighs might have prohibited the combined mode, so...

I guess I'm wondering what exactly were you or anybody actually expecting?

Their own molds.

Well we knew they were repaints, that was pretty upfront from the vehicle selection slides >:oP

The fact that they told us early on doesn't make it right. Like I said, it bothered be from the beginning.
Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708017)
Posted by Rated X on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:36pm CDT
This thread is so f**kin hilarious! It really made my day. It turned into total chaos which kept it from turning into a total snoozefest and I love it ! The only thing that could make it better is if we bring back Tsu! :KREMZEEK:

My thoughts on the new combiners...

G2 superion and Menasor: im so buying both of them no matter what the cost !

Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708018)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:36pm CDT
Now you're confusing me, what exactly is bothering you? The fact that no new moulds were created when that was never their intent or the fan-built combiner concept (built entirely out of repaints)
Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708019)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:37pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I guess I'm wondering what exactly were you or anybody actually expecting?

Their own molds.

But premeditated designs would have negated the point of a fan made combiner, now if they took those results and gave us victorion 2 years from now, that would be one thing, but they couldn't/wouldn't, so I guess, whatever >:oP
Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708023)
Posted by Slashercon on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:42pm CDT
Out of all of the components, the voyager one is the only one that appeals to me. Not too big a fan of the color scheme on them, and the combined mode is an acquired taste. I LOVE the sword into smaller pieces split amongst the members.
Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708026)
Posted by Pigswine on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:44pm CDT
Well, what a let down. I suppose I'll just go all "Buffalo Bill" on them with a file to certain areas and draw nipples.
Putting the Trans in Transformers!
Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708031)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:50pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Computron: Need to see the limb bots to really judge him as a set. Scattershots alt mode is disappointing. It looks like a circumcised concorde. My biggest beef would be that hasbro didnt bother to retool the earth jet tail.
Unfortunately, it isn't Computron. IT's just Scattershot by himself wearing the limbs of Optimus Maximus (Sunstreaker, Ironhide, Mirage, and Prowl). The combined form is named "Betatron". Yeah.

Rated X wrote:Victorian: I love the colors, but definitely dont like the lazy alpha bravo twins. I like the arms without the missiles and it would be nice if takara gets a chance to utilize the new arms for their version of blades. Probably too late, but you can wish, right ?
Wow. I'm surprised you like the colors since so many have been hating on them. As for the twins, there's a little more to them that makes them not be "lazy", since they each have their own headsculpt and their decos are both asymmetrical and mirrored between the two of them, giving one the opposite look of the other. And given the way their colors are laid out, it's a pretty extensive switcharound of their colors.
Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708035)
Posted by Desslok2201 on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:51pm CDT
Ok, I knew Victorion was composed of repaints, and it didn't bother me. I was looking forward to it, but, whoa, those colors are not easy on the eyes. Also the way the individual bots are colored makes me think of a dollar store gift set. I guess this just saved me some more money, as it just doesn't work. Great idea, poor execution
Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708051)
Posted by Autobot N on July 9th, 2015 @ 6:14pm CDT
Looking pretty good! Victorion and her weird-named components will be the first female Transformers in my collection.

On Betatron, I'm rather disappointed that (as of yet) the other Technobots aren't there, as they have always been favorites of mine.

And on the G2 repaints, I'll get Superion because he looks pretty cool, but I'll pass on Menasor as I've never been a huge fan of him.
Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708059)
Posted by dragons on July 9th, 2015 @ 6:22pm CDT
Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708062)
Posted by prjkt on July 9th, 2015 @ 6:23pm CDT
Heh. I wonder if Victorion's colour map is based on someone at Hasbro saying, Well, we didn't want to do these colours, but it's what you guys chose, some enjoy I guess..."
Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708065)
Posted by Burn on July 9th, 2015 @ 6:30pm CDT
Rated X wrote:The only thing that could make it better is if we bring back Tsu! :KREMZEEK:

awww come on ... I haven't had any to close any reports about you lately, don't make me have headaches again!
Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708079)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 9th, 2015 @ 6:51pm CDT
I see a lot of people saying they're going to skip this. I hope that means there'll be plenty on the shelves for me! :D
Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708080)
Posted by Deadput on July 9th, 2015 @ 6:54pm CDT
dragons wrote:Doesn't look female in those colors need different colors instead of two colors and need female look faces

dragons wrote: need female look faces

dragons wrote: NEED FEMALE LOOK FACES.

Are you kidding me?

Are you seriously suggesting these faces don't look female to you?

Their slaggin robots their not organic in the slightest what do you want?

This? (All official art by the way let me know if any of these images are too inappropriate and I'll take them down)

Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708081)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 9th, 2015 @ 6:55pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Image

That face sculpt on the left bears more than a passing resemblance to Nightbird. Makes one wonder. Too bad Takara has beaten Hasbro to the punch ;)
Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708083)
Posted by Deadput on July 9th, 2015 @ 6:58pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

You say this like it ever stops them from releasing a Nightbird.
Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708084)
Posted by Evil Eye on July 9th, 2015 @ 7:06pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

dragons wrote: need female look faces

dragons wrote: NEED FEMALE LOOK FACES.

Are you kidding me?

Are you seriously suggesting these faces don't look female to you?

Their slaggin robots their not organic in the slightest what do you want?

Well the Breakdown retool has a face that looks like a blow-up doll if I'm honest. As for the Dead End retool, it barely look recognizable as female- "she" might as well just be a dudebot. The Alpha Bravo sisters are OK, I guess, and Pyra Magna doesn't look too bad. I can't even make out Rust Dust's headsculpt with these puny images.

All this is missing the point though, considering the big problem with the Victorion bots is the fact that their bodies are literally just male 'bots with female heads and crude tits slapped on.

And what's wrong with Hayato Sakamoto's designs? Sure they're somewhat exaggerated, but they're appealing and well-drawn, and hey, there's no mistaking them for dudes.
Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708086)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 9th, 2015 @ 7:08pm CDT
You know what, I don't care what anyone says. I know people keep harping on Victorion's color scheme being bad and how generation 2 it is, but if that's the case, then G2 Victorion is the best Victorion. It's loud, it's proud, she has ankle tilts. She's clearly one of, if not the best combiner because of that. I like the use of the new feet, and the alpha bravo remolds to make the legs look longer, as the squatty nature of the hotspot/defensor chest had me worried for a bit. And that sword. THAT SWORD. That's fucking metal as fuck dude, looks like something from a heavy metal magazine.
Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708088)
Posted by Ironhidensh on July 9th, 2015 @ 7:17pm CDT
This monstrosity reminds me why I took an extended break from the collecting hobby not so long ago. I hope very few people trade perfectly good money for this. It only in incourages more crappy repaints.

ah well.
Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers (1708089)
Posted by Burn on July 9th, 2015 @ 7:18pm CDT
I don't see "females", I see robots.

That being said, individually, not too fussed on them. But combined? I quite like the combined mode.

But as I said in the Combiner thread, I think at this point in time Hasbro are over combiners and just gotten lazy.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Collectors Club Botcon TFCC 2016 Membership Figure Ramjet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kingdom: War For Cybertron Trilogy - Megatron (Beast) WFC-K10" on EBAY
Buy "Autobot Drift Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Bruticus Brand New In Sealed Packing 5 Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Headmasters *B1#2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Mindwipe + Headmaster Vorath deluxe class New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan" on EBAY