Tuesday, September 12th, 2017 10:43am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 32,041

Moving back to Transformers: Power of the Primes, we have some more renders from figures in the line (after the official presentation images seen here) - specifically for the 'evolution' set of Orion Pax (sort of deluxe class) into Optimus Prime (leader class), featuring two truck modes, two robot modes and an illustration of the Prime Master / Matrix of Leadership feature. Check them out below!

Transformers News: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime

Credit(s): Hasbro

This article was last modified on Tuesday, September 12th, 2017 10:44am CDT

Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910433)
Posted by Quantum Surge on September 12th, 2017 @ 11:02am CDT
Leader Prime could make a good stand in for MP-10. I'm interested in getting him, but I'm also into Hot Rod and Primal.
Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910442)
Posted by o.supreme on September 12th, 2017 @ 11:14am CDT
So...Is it too early to talk about Box Sets? -I know in some regions, some were online exclusives, but generally speaking, Hasbro released 7 for CW, and 2 for TR (btw...was the 4 box set thing ever confirmed by Hasbro? Since only 2 were reported from Toy Fair back in Feb, or was it just speculation based on the fact that there were 4 clones?)

Anyway...I love the box sets, but from what's been reported, they generally don't sell well. I still maintain that if they were offered at B&M in the United States, they would sell fairly well if the CoV set has shown us anything...Yes I see the pics from Canadian toy stores where they just sit, and the fact that HTS pretty much sold all their CW sets at some point up to 70% off, which are all detractors.

however we know we are getting Predaking next year, as the Titan for summer 2019. There are still several Combiners that could be developed. Also the CW toyline had 6 waves, TR had 5 (I'm not counting Slugslinger, since he easily could have been included in wave 5...) .

Most all of the first 2 waves have been revealed...and portions of waves 3 & 4 have been leaked...Is anyone holding out any hopes for any other box sets besides Predaking in this line? I know I am, but I know Hasbro doesn't want to lose money either, so we may not... :(
Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910446)
Posted by galvatron00 on September 12th, 2017 @ 11:24am CDT
I can't wait to paint those hands blue!! I need to start locking in my pre-orders when they go up. This line is gonna be AMAZING!
Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910447)
Posted by Kurona on September 12th, 2017 @ 11:25am CDT
Eh, it doesn't exactly break any rules; speculation happens here all the time. Hell, considering we now know how about 4/6 of the waves will go due to leaks - and that some later-wave Deluxes can be predicted due to team completion needs - there's actually not a whole lot else to speculate about. Go for it my dude.

I'm fully expecting to get Combiner boxsets like we did back in CW since, well, this is basically CW redone (and from what we've seen, I'd argue it's being done better). Since Legends no longer form guns or chestplates or what have you though, we might not see those as part of Combiner boxsets -- maybe we'll get two Prime Masters per boxset instead? :-?

I do wonder exactly what boxset Combiners we'll get, though. Abominus and Predaking don't have G2 or even prototype G2 colourations to call upon like the 1986 guys, and most other Combiners are completely original ones made up of old characters. There's also not a fan-made Combiner this time around either.
I still like the idea of G2 Defensor though, especially since Inferno aside none of those molds are in use in the line and hence you're getting something which feels a little more fresh. Moreso if you started with TR or this line. ... also, I want to see everyone's reactions to another use of the Alpha Bravo and Dead End molds :lol:
G2 Dinobots could also be a thing since we had some of those guys released in G2 while the others at least had G2 concept colours.
Maybe they'd save some retools for an eventual Pirhanacon or Monstructor boxset?
Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910455)
Posted by Tyrannacon on September 12th, 2017 @ 11:54am CDT
I think this is the first time I've been excited about other offerings actually. PotP Dinobots, Starscream (Voyager), and Leader Optimus Prime and Rodimus are both on my to buy list. Titan Predaking and maybe the Terrorcons too. Wonder if there's going to be another Megatron, but you know I'm content with what we've got of him for the last couple years since the CW Leaders were shown and released. It'll be nice to balance my CW G1 Megatron with the PotP Optimus Prime though. Definitely will scale better than the CW Voyager Optimus Prime I have.
Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910456)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 12th, 2017 @ 11:56am CDT
Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Grimlocks torso mode looks pretty problematic. Shame too cause I am excited for Volcanicus.

And that Optimus Prime... It just looks so good
Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910461)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on September 12th, 2017 @ 12:05pm CDT
Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910465)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 12th, 2017 @ 12:21pm CDT
Stormshot_Prime wrote:We've seen Prime's "matrix master" quite a lot now, but have we had a chance to see its robot mode?

That's Micronus, largely based on Pretender Cloudburst, and is available separately.

Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910491)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on September 12th, 2017 @ 2:20pm CDT

He's merely used as an example in how he can replace the (non-transforming) Matrix Core.[/quote]

Ah, I was mistaken. I though this whole time the Matrix of Leadership would be another "master," and I was really curious about what that'd look like. Plenty of G1 material on the Mateix they could used in an homage. I'm thinking something from Rodimus's Matrix dream from Face Faces of Darkness.
Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910495)
Posted by steals_your_goats on September 12th, 2017 @ 2:55pm CDT
Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910502)
Posted by DMSL on September 12th, 2017 @ 3:19pm CDT
Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910548)
Posted by Qwan on September 12th, 2017 @ 8:25pm CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:I think people are so quick to jump on the hate train that they forget to use common sense. The combined mode that was shown off is a resin prototype, not plastic. Resin is very light and would most likely fall apart if not supported. That's why it was being held up. That's why the torso looks so cobbled together. It has nothing to do with the design of the figure it's the materials it's made out of.

I'm sure that's true to some extent, but you can't say it doesn't look at least a little worrying. Admittedly it's possible that Grimlock's robot arms/dino legs/combiner shoulders will have CW-Long-Haul-strength ratchets, but from what we've seen they appear to be basically all that's holding the entire combined arms up - so if they're even a little bit too weak on the final toy, Voluptuousicus is probably going to be frustrating to say the least.

(Man, I'm starting to run out of dumb things to replace Volcanicus' name with. But I've already locked myself into this awful running "joke"; I can't just give up now! :P )
Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910564)
Posted by X3ROhour on September 12th, 2017 @ 10:11pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I am so glad to see that that Orion Pax was not given the kissy lips that he had in the cartoon.

nothin' wrong with full, kissy lips!
i would know
8-}
Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910583)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 13th, 2017 @ 2:48am CDT
Most of the "pretenders" are sure buy from me. As well as that neat Orion Pax & Optimus Prime combo.

I'll wait and see for the Dinobots. Individually, the bots are amazing, but that combined for look awkward. Plus, who bet the team will be in a 150$CAN set?
Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910585)
Posted by ExciKaiser on September 13th, 2017 @ 4:10am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Plus, who bet the team will be in a 150$CAN set?

With gold chromed parts...
Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910587)
Posted by Va'al on September 13th, 2017 @ 4:25am CDT
We return to the Hascon coverage that you may have missed, as more recordings have made it onto our YouTube channel - starting with the Prime Wars Trilogy panel that saw the likes of toy designers, comic artists, concept artists, and game developers all take the stage to discuss the various phases of the progression from Combiner Wars to Titans Return, now to Power of the Primes!

People taking the lead are John Warden, Mario Carreiro, IDW's Marcelo Matere, Space Ape's Adam Kramarzewski and David Erwin and the material included in the clip, and the gallery that accompanies it, range from the blueprint of the Prime Wars concept, running through used and unused concepts and designs (including Megatronus, Prima, a SkyShadow looking Thunderwing and more), plus the clips we've seen from Machinima's Titans Return and Transformers: Earth Wars. Check it all out below!

Enjoy designs behind the celebrated Combiner Wars chapter of the Prime Wars Trilogy, animated in partnership with Machinima, as well as a peek at the upcoming Titans Return animated series. Learn how Hasbro enlisted the fan universe to expand their story world and the beloved characters that have brought the story to life. Fans in attendance will also be the first to see exciting reveals from the popular mobile game Transformers: Earth Wars published by Backflip and developed by Space Ape games.

Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910594)
Posted by Insurgent on September 13th, 2017 @ 5:32am CDT
There's the Devastator version of that Predaking stage we saw. So now we know what to call it. Not a mock up, but a Scale Model. Neat.
Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910596)
Posted by noctorro on September 13th, 2017 @ 5:39am CDT
DMSL wrote:Dinobots combined mode doesn't look good, but that's not a big deal for me as they will never be in that form once on display. I do still think deluxe class is too small for them. They should bump them all up one class, so that would make Grimlock a leader and the rest voyagers. In my opinion that would make more sense and they will look better next to the other figures.

Eh, they can't scale everything up bro.
I was very surprised we even got Combiner Wars with deluxe limbs.
Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910597)
Posted by noctorro on September 13th, 2017 @ 5:45am CDT
That Optimus looks very good.

However, I just ordered that Third Party Titans Return Power Master Prime cab to replace that hollow thing it has. So...
Anyway this Optimus looks a lot more like G1 Optimus.

The thing that bugs me, why the faux/fake chest?
Just like the Third Party Ginrai, why can't they just make a true G1 Optimus torso again?

I do hope they remold Orion Pax into a more G1 looking Optimus Prime at some point. But overall like this version and will pick him up (like all the other Power of the Primes figures as soon as I finish collecting all of the Titans Return figures, damn you Hasbro everything you made from Combiner Wars on is pure win in my eyes)

Maybe that's why the movie sucked, because they poured all their efforts into their Classics/Generations line.

Little bit on the fence about Starscreams tiny head and fake chest. But it's a lot better looking than the Combiner Wars seekers which I'm replacing the heads for self made 3d prints.

As for the new beast combiners... just awesome.
I need to clone myself because I don't have enough time to enjoy all the awesomeness they've been making in recent years. It's just too much for one Transformers fan :s
Re: Official Renders for Transformers: Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus Prime (1910608)
Posted by LE0KING on September 13th, 2017 @ 7:18am CDT
Is that just the base sketch of blackshadow or are we seeing a potential retool?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "1980 Transformers Takara Hasbro G1 CLIFFJUMPER Action Figure Minibot complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Megatronus And Optimus Prime Toys R Us Year?" on EBAY
Buy "4 Transformers Cyberverse Power Of The Spark Hot Rod ~Jazz~Bumblebee~Skybyte~" on EBAY
Buy "Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri - TARN - Transformers *** USA SELLER ***" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UK G1 ADVENTURE GAME BOOK, HIGHWAY CLASH – 1980’S" on EBAY