Transformers News: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster

Friday, August 23rd, 2019 1:09PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 20,079

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Carnivius_Prime and Autobase Aichi on Twitter we have official images of the new Transformers Studio Series figures just revealed at the Hasbro panel at the FanExpo Toronto. Again we see Leader Class Shockwave with Brains and Wheelie (and paratrooper not shown in official image), Leader Class Scavenger, Voyager Class 2007 Megatron, and Voyager Class Mixmaster, only now much clearer and in better detail. Scrapper and Overload can't be far behind, and more cast members from Dark of the Moon such as Sentinel Prime are no doubt on their way. With 2007 Megatron rounding out the original live action movie roster fans are already wondering if Frenzy has been left behind or may still appear somehow in a future release. Have fun speculating in the forums. Enjoy the images and stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news.

Transformers News: Official Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster

Credit(s): Carnivius_Prime at Seibertron/Autobase Aichi on Twitter
Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035439)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on August 23rd, 2019 @ 1:17pm CDT
Well I have no interest in that Megatron, but I am happy for those who wanted him. It looks like the wings fold around and become part of the legs, explaining some of their bulkiness.

As for the other 3, I think I will need to see the actual figures before I come to any conclusions. The renders don't do any favors for Mixmaster or Scavenger's mostly monochromatic paint jobs or faces (they could easily look better in person, see KSI Boss), I need to know if Mixmaster has a cannon mode and if I can enjoy the figure without having to see Devastator's face (I'm not doing the combiner thing), and I would really like a better look at Shockwave's size and alt mode. Right now it kinda just looks like Shockwave doing a painful yoga stretch, and the face on the front really doesn't help.

Also watch as Frenzy comes out later as part of an exclusive like Drift and the Mini-Dinobots.
Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035440)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on August 23rd, 2019 @ 1:27pm CDT
LeAwesome1 wrote:
Stargrave wrote:I wouldn’t be surprised if they dip back into the 2007 roster and release some new version of a character that will come with Frenzy.

Maybe they'll do a Protoform or Dispensor? Unlikely but could happen.

Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035442)
Posted by Stargrave on August 23rd, 2019 @ 1:31pm CDT
Or include a handful of them in a future leader class release if not in their own pack.
Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035445)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on August 23rd, 2019 @ 2:00pm CDT
DecepticonFinishline wrote:Actually, now that you mention Dispensor, maybe the will release a set of all of those stupid little kitchen bots at the beginning of ROTF. Just, like, a disgusting-mutant Mini-con set or something.

Maybe tweak the new SS Bumblebee mold for the ROTF Camaro and throw in the kitchenbots, like the Drift/mini-dinobot pack.

For Frenzy, maybe we could get an exclusive icy repaint of Megatron with a Sector 7 Backdrop? That could be cool.
Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035446)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on August 23rd, 2019 @ 2:02pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:

That's the only real thing I could think of. Icy Megatron is the only thing that is still missing from '07.

(Well, and Protoform robots, but I could REALLLLLLY go without those, personally)
Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035447)
Posted by Munkky on August 23rd, 2019 @ 2:04pm CDT
While I won't be getting every Constructicon, I may buy Mixmaster. I have Rampage and Long Haul already, so I was thinking of just having the four that go into the ocean and find Megatron's corpse with Ravage (missed opportunity not including a little Ravage figure with Rampage BTW). The original Voyager Megatron is good enough for me, so I'll skip this new one. Shockwave is very tempting, but I don't know if my Detolf cabinets can fit another Leader.
Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035448)
Posted by notirishman on August 23rd, 2019 @ 2:11pm CDT
Canada Fan Expo 2019 was today, and with that, we have had some spicy new Studio Series reveals. Well, after seeing Hasbro's stock renders, we also have the new toys' product descriptions! These talk about height, accessories, features, and the like! So check out the transparent stock renders as well as the product descriptions below and tell us your thoughts in the Pub forums below.

TRANSFORMERS: STUDIO SERIES LEADER CLASS CONSTRUCTICON SCAVENGER

(Ages 8 years and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $49.99 / Available: 01/01/2020)

The Studio Series 55 Leader Class CONSTRUCTICON SCAVENGER figure is 8.5 inches tall, features vivid, movie-inspired deco and converts from robot to excavator mode in 25 steps. Use the removable backdrop to showcase CONSTRUCTICON SCAVENGER in the Pyramid Desert Battle scene from TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen, where he combines with his comrades to form CONSTRUCTICON DEVASTATOR. The Studio Series 55 Leader Class CONSTRUCTICON SCAVENGER figure is highly articulated for poses.

Reach past the big screen and build the ultimate TRANSFORMERS collection with Studio Series figures (each sold separately), inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the TRANSFORMERS movie universe. Available at HasbroPulse.com and other major retailers on 01/01/2020.

TRANSFORMERS: STUDIO SERIES LEADER CLASS SHOCKWAVE

(Ages 8 years and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $49.99 / Available: 01/01/2020)

The Studio Series 56 Leader Class SHOCKWAVE figure is 8.5 inches tall, features vivid, movie-inspired deco and converts from robot to cannon mode in 17 steps. Use the removable backdrop to showcase SHOCKWAVE in the Battle of Chicago scene from TRANSFORMERS: Dark of the Move, where SHOCKWAVE and his DRILLER launch an all-out assault on the city. The Studio Series 56 Leader Class SHOCKWAVE figure is highly articulated for poses and comes with 4 detailed accessories. Includes two small character figures, a sword, and a paratrooper figure with a parachute.

TRANSFORMERS: STUDIO SERIES VOYAGER CLASS MEGATRON

(Ages 8 years and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $29.99 / Available: 01/01/2020)

The Studio Series 54 Voyager Class MEGATRON figure is 6.5 inches tall, features vivid, movie-inspired deco and converts from robot to Cybertronian jet mode in 21 steps. Use the removable backdrop to showcase MEGATRON in the Mission City Battle scene from TRANSFORMERS, where MEGATRON clashes with OPTIMUS PRIME in a city-shattering fight before chasing down Sam and the Allspark in a nearby abandoned building. The Studio Series 54 Voyager Class MEGATRON figure is highly articulated for poses.

TRANSFORMERS: STUDIO SERIES VOYAGER CLASS CONSTRUCTICON MIXMASTER

(Ages 8 years and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $29.99 / Available: 01/01/2020)

The Studio Series 53 Voyager Class MIXMASTER figure is 6.5 inches tall, features vivid, movie-inspired deco and converts from robot to cement mixer truck mode in 21 steps. Use the removable backdrop to showcase CONSTRUCTICON MIXMASTER in in the Pyramid Desert Battle scene from TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen, where he combines with his comrades to form CONSTRUCTICON DEVASTATOR. The Studio Series 53 Voyager Class CONSTRUCTICON MIXMASTER figure is highly articulated for poses.

Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035451)
Posted by william-james88 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 2:46pm CDT
This is so weird, I was sure Shockwave would be released as a leader since he would be a voyager coming with that drill worm thing. But its just shockwave. I never took him to being as big as the other leaders. Plus that alt mode looks like ass. He's probably one of the only ones I will be skipping on.

Really want to see that giant Devy head mixmaster is hiding.
Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035452)
Posted by Rtron on August 23rd, 2019 @ 2:53pm CDT
Honestly I'm a bit disappointed that the 2007 Megatron is just a remold of ROTF Megatron. And if the height in the description is correct, wouldn't he be shorter than Starscream? That would be quite out of scale.

Also concerned we won't be getting Frenzy.
Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035453)
Posted by I_AM... MEGATRON! on August 23rd, 2019 @ 2:53pm CDT
Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035455)
Posted by Bucky on August 23rd, 2019 @ 3:01pm CDT
I have some very mixed feelings about these reveals. I’m surprised and impressed by Scavenger. I never got to handle his first RotF toy, so this new one should be a nice treat. It helps that he looks like an improvement.

I’m delighted to see that we’re getting a new movie Shockwave, and with so many minifigs!!

Being such a massive fan of Mixmaster’s old voyager toy, I’m pretty disappointed by what I’m looking at here. But i’ll just have to keep in mind that he’s part of a much larger Combiner. He’s just not what I was expecting. I’ll wait for some in hand images, and see if he grows on me.

As for that Megatron, I’m left feeling pretty underwhelmed. He looks like such a step down after his first two (three) entries in the SS line. I fully admit that I had very negative views on Dark of the Moon Megatron, until I gambled and bought him. I was very, very happy to be so wrong about him. Turns out it was an amazing figure, and I’m glad I took a chance on it. RotF Megatron looks very simple and unadorned to me. Hopefully I turn out to be wrong again.
Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035457)
Posted by YRQRM0 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 3:21pm CDT
I wasn't looking forward to a new Shockwave, but the in-person pics of him look pretty good, I might be convinced in person.

Super excited for the constructicons, though Mixmaster looks kinda weak again imo. Doesn't seem like he'll have the cannon mode that the OG had, and still looks like he might fall over a lot. He was even knocked over in the display case. I guess it's a hard design to pull off in general, let alone with hidden Devy head. I hope he's got the Devastator head and there's no partsforming with Devastator. Wouldn't it be interesting though if the third torso figure had the head and no bot mode?
Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035458)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on August 23rd, 2019 @ 3:25pm CDT
Found an image of SS Shockwave, if you look at the upper leg you can see the same thruster parts from SS ROTF Megatron, so he totally is a remold. The paint scheme also looks really good, much better than the render.
55F8D05D-3F79-4443-A5BE-D3AF8D325B73.jpeg

I also think I found out what it is I like so much about the 07 Megatron - the head sculpt. Something about the MPM head sculpt looks off to me, but the SS one looks perfect.
Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035459)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 23rd, 2019 @ 3:26pm CDT
WHEN ARE WE GETTING THE DRILLER!? (scale be damned)
Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035461)
Posted by william-james88 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 3:28pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote: so he totally is a remold.

Obviously.
Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035463)
Posted by Randomhero on August 23rd, 2019 @ 3:55pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote: so he totally is a remold.

Obviously.
Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035465)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on August 23rd, 2019 @ 4:06pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote: so he totally is a remold.

Obviously.

42940933-B2EE-4123-ADF0-AE27F31F1026.jpeg
Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035466)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 23rd, 2019 @ 4:32pm CDT
Meh, it's not like Shockwave ever actually transformed onscreen in the movie, so they can just make up whatever altmode they want him to have.
Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035468)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 4:48pm CDT
The paratrooper looks to be microman sized but probably not articulated. The parachute clips look to be from the GI Joe retaliation Cobra trooper that came with a parachute.
Re: Official Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Shockwave, Scavenger, 2007 Megatron, and Mixmaster (2035469)
Posted by o.supreme on August 23rd, 2019 @ 5:00pm CDT
I_AM... MEGATRON! wrote:Shouldn't 07 Megs be a leader? I distinctly remember him towering over Prime in the first movie...

I agree. although *logically* Megatron should be the same size in Robot mode in all 3 films, the constant vehicle rescans I guess make this hard. I would think he would definitely have been Leader Class size in the first film and Voyager size in movies 2 & 3 (that DotM tuck ain't that big, despite what others claim...), but I guess that's why I'm not a SS collector, I like seeing them, but don't purchase any.

I wonder how long before we see a repaint of Scavenger as Demolishor. Probably when they make Grindor from Blackout, and....and now I'm confused....

They rename *some* Decepticons that have the same body type, but for Rampage there's Red Rampage (killed by BB, but that's the toy that is out now...), and Yellow Rampage, that was actually part of Devastator in the RotF film... :???: 8-}

Oh and so it's not all negativity, I like the little Wheelie & Brains figures that come with Shockwave. Nice way to release them

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #229 - Galaxies
"Galaxies"
Posted: Sunday, August 25th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultra Magnus MISB Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS VOYAGER CLASS ULTRA MAGNUS" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS COMMANDER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME MOSC!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie 2007 Deluxe Crankcase Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Armada SCAVENGER with Rollbar Mini-Con Figure 2002" on EBAY
Buy "3 Transformers: Bumblebee Energon Igniters Power Series Dropkick Megaton Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS LAZERBACK VOYAGER CLASS 2013 NEW IN BUBL" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Cody Dani Kade Burns Graham Doctor Dr. Morocco" on EBAY