Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime

Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime

Thursday, December 15th, 2011 10:54am CST

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 40,538

The Ohio Department of Transportation has uploaded a new PSA to the their YouTube account that features G1 Optimus Prime rapping about the virtues of safe driving. The PSA is embedded below, enjoy!

Credit(s): Ohio Department of Transportation

Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323545)
Posted by SlyTF1 on December 15th, 2011 @ 10:58am CST
This is how you know you dun crossed the line!!!
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323552)
Posted by Galvatron X on December 15th, 2011 @ 11:26am CST
Hahahaha, oh man - that is so bad.

That's a disgrace to Transformers AND RUN DMC!

(The song copied/used is "Sucker MCs" by RUN DMC).

Ehhh, I give 'em credit for using a great, classic song, though.
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323554)
Posted by Mykltron on December 15th, 2011 @ 11:29am CST
Terrible .
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323577)
Posted by Solrac333 on December 15th, 2011 @ 12:20pm CST
I couldn't even make it to 10 seconds before I pressed stop.
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323588)
Posted by LadyBug on December 15th, 2011 @ 12:48pm CST
.... Just why, Ohio? My home state.... just ... no. You just stooped to a new low.
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323602)
Posted by Crosshairs on December 15th, 2011 @ 1:05pm CST
omega666 wrote:I couldn't even make it to 10 seconds before I pressed stop.

I couldnt make 5! :s
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323608)
Posted by Chaoslock on December 15th, 2011 @ 1:17pm CST
They just rapped my childhood.
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323642)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on December 15th, 2011 @ 2:24pm CST
And ironically, there weren't any actual safe driving tips in the song. At least those G2 commercials' rap songs conveyed something about the toys, meaning this makes 1994 look doubly good in hindsight. Now THAT's brutal...
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323669)
Posted by cotss2012 on December 15th, 2011 @ 3:01pm CST

Successful troll is successful!
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323695)
Posted by El Duque on December 15th, 2011 @ 3:46pm CST
cotss2012 wrote:It's obviously just some troll pretending to be the Ohio Department of Transportation.

Successful troll is successful!

Ohio Department of Transportation, which links directly to the Ohio's Transportation YouTube channel.
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323709)
Posted by Nekoman on December 15th, 2011 @ 4:25pm CST
This comes as no surprise, as it is a known-unknown-known fact that the state of Ohio, sucks.
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323714)
Posted by Blozor on December 15th, 2011 @ 4:42pm CST
I would be embarrassed seeing this commercial on TV, even if I had no idea what a Transformer is. All they would have to do to raise this from a 0% Rotten to a 100% Fresh status would be getting a decent voice actor who could sound like Peter Cullen's Optimus Prime. That would be entertaining. The guy rapping, though, sounds bored with it.
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323738)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on December 15th, 2011 @ 6:09pm CST
so stupid. i am ashamed to live in ohio now. :SICK:
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323751)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on December 15th, 2011 @ 6:44pm CST
My ears are bleeding now :BOOM:
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323783)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on December 15th, 2011 @ 7:45pm CST
Why didn't I stop 5 seconds in like some other people? That was horrible. Ohio, I feel sorry for you.
...Wouldn't it had been ironic if Botcon had ended up going there this year?
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323794)
Posted by EverythingIsFodder on December 15th, 2011 @ 8:04pm CST
Good Lord... if you're producing something that's going on TV, at least try to plan out what you're going to say. Some bored jackwagon's lame free-styling is hardly a responsible use for tax dollars.

But this - this goes past "so bad, it's good," and comes all the way back around to "really bad" again.

- EIF out -
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323824)
Posted by Rated X on December 15th, 2011 @ 9:59pm CST
So much hate...

I admit it was a little corny, but if it would have been some rock song with guitars you guys would have loved it. Im glad rap/hip hop culture has leaked it's way into the Transformers community little by little. Time to make this hobby unbiased...
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323833)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on December 15th, 2011 @ 10:20pm CST
Rated X wrote:So much hate...

Ya, I admit, I'm not a rap guy. I've never really liked any rap. That being said though, I thought I knew it enough to know that was bad.
I'll trust you're opinion that it was corny, but not horrible. Not to say I'll like it, but I'll trust you.
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323874)
Posted by EverythingIsFodder on December 16th, 2011 @ 1:19am CST
Rated X wrote:So much hate...

Don't get me wrong - I'm not biased against it other music at all. (and that's a serious stereotype to just throw out there like that, by the way) I love the heck outta old-school hip-hop, and if this spot had anything resembling old-school hip-hop, I'd be on it like white on rice. So, maybe if Jam Master Jay's grouchy neighbor who sits on his porch and yells at kids all day was in desperate need of a Red Bull, he might kind of sound like the dude that's "rapping" in this commercial. Of course, it would have also helped if they had made a minimal attempt to match the animation with the words... 15 Million kids on YouTube can do it, I'm sure at least five of them live in Ohio.

Ooh, you know what else would make for a good commercial? Having the audio sound like it was recorded somewhere other than underneath a bathroom sink.

On the other hand, maybe it just needed rock guitars.

- EIF out -
Re: Ohio Department of Transportation PSA features Rapping G1 Optimus Prime (1323884)
Posted by LadyBug on December 16th, 2011 @ 2:21am CST
Doubledealer93 wrote:so stupid. i am ashamed to live in ohio now. :SICK:

I am too.... >>;;

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers WFC Earthrise Ratchet & Lifeline Paradron Medics 2 Pack Sealed NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall Of Cybertron Grimlock Blaster And Data Discs" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers RBT Optimus Prime Race Track Trailer Playset" on EBAY
Buy "IDW TRANSFORMERS : ALL HAIL MEGATRON #16 LONG BEACH COMIC CON COVER : NM : RARE!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Deluxe Cenurion Drone WFC-E33 NIOB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Bruticus, Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - #46 Duke & #45 Megatron" on EBAY