Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console

Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console

Friday, May 30th, 2008 11:37am CDT

Categories: Game News, Digital Media News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 15,829

Bass XO from TFW2005.com came across some very cool news in the way of Transformers video gaming. Video Console Reviews has just updated its webpage with releases set to begin next week for the Wii gaming system.

Transformers: Convoy no Nazo (Mystery of Convoy) is on that list and is said to be scheduled for release in Japan in June 2008.

The game itself was originally released in 1986 and was for the Famicon Game System. No details have been made on whether or not this game will be released anywhere other than Japan.

To view the original posting of this information, click here.

Credit(s): Bass XO

This article was last modified on Friday, May 30th, 2008 11:43am CDT

Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711429)
Posted by Seibertron on May 30th, 2008 @ 11:44am CDT
Unfortunately, this is one of THE worst games ever made. Heck, I think I'd rather play the old Commodore 64 game where you could be Jazz, Bumblebee or Prime instead of this P.O.S. :D
Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711430)
Posted by City Commander on May 30th, 2008 @ 11:45am CDT
Looking forward to this one.
Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711431)
Posted by Tekka on May 30th, 2008 @ 11:46am CDT
Dealer wrote:Looking forward to this one.
Lol.
Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711435)
Posted by Omega Charge on May 30th, 2008 @ 11:51am CDT
Tekka wrote:
Dealer wrote:Looking forward to this one.
Lol.

:P
Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711445)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on May 30th, 2008 @ 11:59am CDT
At least it has nice logo art :P
Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711474)
Posted by Orion_Prime48 on May 30th, 2008 @ 12:37pm CDT
Wii sucks bring it to a free download for the psp :P

and is it just me or has the formus changed again? I hope its just me cause I dont like it makes it harder to navigate them
Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711478)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 30th, 2008 @ 12:41pm CDT
Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711480)
Posted by Omega Charge on May 30th, 2008 @ 12:43pm CDT
Orion_Prime48 wrote:and is it just me or has the formus changed again?

I noticed you can't return to the forum you were last on from the top of the page.
Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711484)
Posted by Orion_Prime48 on May 30th, 2008 @ 12:48pm CDT
Omega Charge wrote:
Orion_Prime48 wrote:and is it just me or has the formus changed again?

crap looks like its not just me I always used the "view your posts" button but its gone now
Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711497)
Posted by First Gen on May 30th, 2008 @ 1:11pm CDT
Orion_Prime48 wrote:Wii sucks bring it to a free download for the psp :P

Changes are being implemented to make it easier to move around Seibertron. In the process, some things may move or not be available for the time being.

If you think its and error, please report it in the Problem reporting Thread.

That way the current thread stays on topic and we all know whats going on. Thanks.
Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711506)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 30th, 2008 @ 1:23pm CDT
Be fun to play, for like two minutes!
Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711519)
Posted by First Gen on May 30th, 2008 @ 1:38pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Be fun to play, for like two minutes!

*Cue theme music to game*

(Translated from Japanese) I am Ultra Magnus *transformation sound*

*Rolls out* *transforms* *shoots random decepticon drone* *transforms*

(Player says) Wonder whats on TV.......
Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711524)
Posted by Hatch on May 30th, 2008 @ 1:44pm CDT
I'll buy Wii points if they find an english translation. I'm not inclined to mod my Wii. I worked hard trying to find one.

And since when is PSP > Wii.
Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711542)
Posted by --B-- on May 30th, 2008 @ 2:02pm CDT
While we are on the subject of TF video games, how many have there been?

I know there was the Com 64 game, and the two BW PS games, but was there ever a game, US or othewise, for Nintendo, or SNES etc.?

I remember someone telling me about a SNES game where you could be Prime, Hotrod or Bumblebee, but that may have been a load of crap.
Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711548)
Posted by Hatch on May 30th, 2008 @ 2:16pm CDT
--B-- wrote:While we are on the subject of TF video games, how many have there been?

When in doubt, Wiki it!

Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711593)
Posted by GetterDragun on May 30th, 2008 @ 3:36pm CDT
Hardest. Game. Ever.
Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711645)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on May 30th, 2008 @ 4:42pm CDT
GetterDragun wrote:Hardest. Game. Ever.

Oh?
Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711652)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 30th, 2008 @ 4:46pm CDT

Realy I don't get it, if you can remaster and enhance an old record or movie, why not a game?
Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711664)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on May 30th, 2008 @ 5:00pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:Thats kinda cool, I hope they revised it and worked out some of the kinks though.

They have to rewrite the code, which would be far more time consuming than resaturating the colours in a film or cleaning up audio.
Re: Old TF Game to be available for JPN Wii Virtual Console (711703)
Posted by olokin on May 30th, 2008 @ 6:22pm CDT
This is the first TF game I ever played and confused me because it was in Japanese and there is no Optimus Prime.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Starscream new sealed B002 Hasbro G1 Version" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations AOE Age of Extinction Hound Voyager Figure Loose" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS • CYCLONUS •  Combiner Wars - MINT IN BOX - HASBRO Toys" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-30 Weirdwolf" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe 2.0 BLADES Generations Classics Voyager Class blades Parts" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe WFC-S9 Hound MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 BOMBSHELL Vintage Generations One Insecticon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Devastator - Constructicons Set HASBRO Combiner Wars - BNIB" on EBAY