Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holiday Season

Transformers News: Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holiday Season

Monday, July 9th, 2018 9:31AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Company News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 17,424

Many had wondered what would happen to all the toys destined for Toysrus. Well, Mrjiggy sent us a message which could give us some answers. They told us that they spoke to the manager of an Ollie's Bargain Outlet store Buffalo, NY, and this manager spoke of an e-mail briefing from corporate speaking of Hasbro overstock.

While there is no way to verify this, the e-mail is said to indicate that Ollies had made a seven figure purchase directly from Hasbro for Transformers items that were originally intended for Toysrus. These toys would be coming from both factories in China, warehouses in the US.

This would be for the 2018 holliday season and the e-mail included a guide pertaining t arranging the store to accomodate the influx of product. These could include higher priced items as well (which we have already seen with Trypticon)

The following are Mrjiggy's thoughts on this:

Basically Hasbro had been counting on toys r us to stock these items and it was too far along in production to put the breaks on a lesser production amount, not even sure if they could if they wanted to since they outsource to factories and have contracts with them saying how much they produce etc. So take it for what its worth, he has been a pretty reliable source of info for me in the past and it makes sense. We have also been seeing almost the entire run of power of the primes trickle in at a heavy discount over the past few months and ollies had stocked high end comic con exclusives from Hasbro in the past.

Transformers News: Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holliday Season
Credit(s): Mrjiggy

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holiday Season (1969630)
Posted by triKlops on July 9th, 2018 @ 9:36am CDT
Well, if this is on point, this will be one hell of a 4th quarter at ollie's. Sounds like we got some stuff to look forward to.
Re: Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holiday Season (1969643)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on July 9th, 2018 @ 10:38am CDT
This is really exciting! I just hope it’s not more overlords because there’s like 50 of him already at the Ollie’s near me. :lol:

I wonder if this would include TRU exclusives like Thundercracker. . . :-?
Re: Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holiday Season (1969644)
Posted by hausjam on July 9th, 2018 @ 10:41am CDT
I am rumored to live about as far away from an Ollie's as is possible.
Re: Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holiday Season (1969648)
Posted by Z3ROhour on July 9th, 2018 @ 10:52am CDT
**shakes fist at the heavens**

DAG, NABIT, OLLIES!
MAY YOU BURN FOREVER, IN A PIT STREWN WITH YOUR OWN VISERA AND CHATTEL!!

:BOOM:
Re: Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holiday Season (1969650)
Posted by itscramtastic on July 9th, 2018 @ 11:01am CDT
Huzzah!!
Re: Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holiday Season (1969655)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on July 9th, 2018 @ 11:25am CDT
I hope this means that TJMaxx, Marshal's, Ross, Tuesday Morning, 5 Below, Dollar General, Family Dollar, Big Lots and Bealls Outlet might get some good stuff this year too. Especially since the nearest Ollie's is about two hours away and I have multiples of each of the other stores in my area.

I remember one holiday season where TJMaxx and Marshal's were overloaded with Power Ranger megazords as well as Crossovers Anikin/Vader and another season where Family Dollar had $2.50 DotM deluxes. Also that year where you could find the CW box sets all over the place for dirt cheap.
Re: Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holiday Season (1969658)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on July 9th, 2018 @ 11:41am CDT
Except for Twin Twist, I can't really think of anything I need. Predaking would be nice.
Re: Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holiday Season (1969672)
Posted by YoungPrime on July 9th, 2018 @ 12:19pm CDT
I'd buy TR Windblade and PotP's Leader class Rodimus if they pop up there this holiday season.

Like Trypticon, I'd have no problem buying the Predacon's at full price if Hasbro hadn't cut so many corners with creating them. But since Predaking is the only thing desirably about the 3 transformations then that's the 3rd I'm only looking to pay for, which isn't worth $159.99 IMO.

So that's on you Hasbro.
Re: Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holiday Season (1969690)
Posted by o.supreme on July 9th, 2018 @ 12:51pm CDT
hausjam wrote:I am rumored to live about as far away from an Ollie's as is possible.

Your Closest Ollies: La Porte Indiana 50 miles away

My Closest Ollies: Hot Springs Arkansas 1,587 Miles Away.

I too would hope that chains like Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Ross get a piece of the action as well, but it doesn't seem likely. I don't blame Ollies, they are getting a good deal. However, again, a scalpers market is being created due to poor distribution practices all around.
Re: Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holiday Season (1969715)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 9th, 2018 @ 1:54pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:Same goes for Predaking next year which IMO is more Hasbro's fault than the loss of TRU and that's due to Predaking's overall quality (Or lack there of).

We've already got several PotP Predaking reviews in the past few weeks, some even in English, and the consensus is that it's a very good toy, even with all the design concessions. Those "poor quality" armchair reviews need to be put to rest.

Back on topic, I wish Ollie's was anywhere near Minnesota. Here's hoping, like some posters above, that Marshall's, TJMaxx, and the like get a little bit of that sweet TRU stock this year too.
Re: Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holiday Season (1969738)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on July 9th, 2018 @ 2:40pm CDT
I live 2 miles from an Ollie's. We got the Fort Maxes, we got the Trypticons... heck we even got the Titans Return Twin twist, Windblade, and Misfire deluxe wave.

Something tells me I'm about to become everyone's best friend and / or an ebay scalper lol
Re: Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holiday Season (1969741)
Posted by YoungPrime on July 9th, 2018 @ 2:52pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

You mean the same popular TF reviewers who are sponsored by BBTS who can barely say that Rampage's Beast mold is cool w/o straining their voice or pausing in between words..?

Even Emgo admits that the beast modes aren't good and maybe one or two of the individual bot modes are okay which leaves the combined mode which as I've already stated isn't worth $159.99.

If you like everything about the set then buy 10 at that price. I don't! My local Ollies is about 5 miles away so I will be there if Predaking pops up and if it's not then I pass on the set entirely.

The end.
Re: Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holiday Season (1969750)
Posted by AlphaBass on July 9th, 2018 @ 3:30pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

The end.

I'm going back and forth on selling my 2004 reissue to get this one, but if it's at Ollie's (I have one within 5 miles of my house) and it's at Trypticon price, I might pick it up. Even emgo admits the 3rd party release is better.

But then there's the back and forth about supporting the company (and for how bad the animal modes look, I really like how they transform, especially the transformation into Predaking, which I thought was a nice piece of engineering, and I like how the combined mode looks great).
Re: Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holiday Season (1969758)
Posted by Emerje on July 9th, 2018 @ 4:21pm CDT
Suddenly that brand new T.J.Maxx that opened next to Walmart feels all the more useless.

Emerje
Re: Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holiday Season (1969798)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on July 9th, 2018 @ 6:24pm CDT
POTP Predaking sucks major balls. The combined form is ok but the individual bots & beasts are complete ass. I'd pay up to $60 for it but not more. Stop trying to defend or make excuses for it, anybody that isn't completely blind can see for themselves.

Re: Ollie's Rumoured to get Massive Transformers Overstock for 2018 Holiday Season (1969911)
Posted by Emerje on July 10th, 2018 @ 1:51am CDT
Aimless Misfire wrote:Over the past few years Hasbro has become an overly greedy company that makes cheap low quality crap. If you disagree then you simply haven't been paying attention. Enjoy living under your rock while wearing rose tinted glasses.

It really isn't about greed, it's about maintaining a price that will keep them on the shelves. It's either find ways to cut costs or add $5 - $10 to every size class to increase the quality. Want better paint, electronics, improved plastic, and no gaps then you'd better also be willing to pay $25 for Deluxe, $35 for Voyagers, and $60 for Leaders because that's the only way its going to happen. I doubt you'll find yourself in the majority, not just among fans, but also parents. And that's not even all, It's ultimately the retailers that decide the price, if Walmart thinks Hasbro is asking too much for something then they simply wont sell it (like they currently aren't selling Leaders) forcing Hasbro to meet target prices that the retailers will accept. Compared to everything else on the shelves we currently get the best value for the dollar once you factor in all the moving parts and whatnot that go into each figure. Disturb that balance and they could easily be priced right out of the stores.

Emerje