One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw

One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw

Tuesday, February 15th, 2011 7:42pm CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 67,860

Here's one last gallery from the actual Toy Fair (not the Hasbro exclusive one) at the Javits Center in New York featuring Transformer Eggbods from Bluw! So what is an Eggbod? They're wind up toy eggs that come with unique accessories and interchangeable heads!

Be sure to check out the full gallery for a variety of other Transformer, Star Wars and super hero related items!

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE IMAGES BELOW ARE OF THE PROTOTYPES. THE FINAL PRODUCT MAY DIFFER FROM WHAT YOU SEE BELOW!

Update (May 17th, 2011): the final product images can now be seen in their new press release which you can view by clicking here!

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 17th, 2011 11:05am CDT

Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1182717)
Posted by Mkall on February 15th, 2011 @ 7:58pm CST
I('m fairly open-minded about assorted merch that comes out related to movies that arean't ctually transforming, but I think this one stretches things a little too far.

I'm still not sure who would actually get them and like them for more than an hour.
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1182720)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 15th, 2011 @ 8:02pm CST
Please explain why......?
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1182721)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 15th, 2011 @ 8:03pm CST
Mkall wrote:I'm fairly open-minded about assorted merch that comes out related to movies that arean't ctually transforming, but I think this one stretches things a little too far.
Farther than the Transformers Cologne for Men? :P
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1182741)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 15th, 2011 @ 8:55pm CST
um.........okay
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1182744)
Posted by Kibble on February 15th, 2011 @ 8:59pm CST
These make the TF Mr. Potato Heads looks cool. TF MPHs are ****in' lame.
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1182749)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on February 15th, 2011 @ 9:06pm CST
Wow, those are ugly.
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1182754)
Posted by Valandar on February 15th, 2011 @ 9:13pm CST
I know of at least TWO people who would adore these forever. One is a 6 year old girl, the other is a 30-something woman (won't give her age here in case she's shown this link :P ) who collects anything and everything egg-like.
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1182758)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on February 15th, 2011 @ 9:17pm CST
I don't...

I can't...

I mean...

...

What is that?
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1182796)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 15th, 2011 @ 10:55pm CST
After trying to hunt down these little buggers grand-daddy, I'm buying the whole lot of these just on general principle. :P
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1182798)
Posted by WarGraver on February 15th, 2011 @ 10:58pm CST
If I owned one of these, I'd be terrified that it was watching me at night.
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1182811)
Posted by Mkall on February 15th, 2011 @ 11:37pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Farther than the Transformers Cologne for Men? :P

hmmm, that is indeed a tough choice. I'd have to call it a tie.
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1182908)
Posted by Rated X on February 16th, 2011 @ 9:12am CST
Lazerbeak just crapped out eggs...
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1182961)
Posted by [JRX] on February 16th, 2011 @ 12:05pm CST
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1182972)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 16th, 2011 @ 12:47pm CST
These are horrifying. No, seriously, I mean they're horrifying. The eyes will haunt me for a long, long time.

What a terrible idea.
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1182975)
Posted by Seibertron on February 16th, 2011 @ 12:56pm CST
T-Macksimus wrote:A-HA! So this is why Ryan was quizzing some of us on Facebook (and myself and others were tearing a** through the toy listings on Ebay and every online toy site) about egg shaped toys from the very early 80's.

Yeah this is why. I'll be damned if I can remember the type of toy that it was. It's like I'm the only one in the world who had those Egg toys as a kid. For those of you who want to help me figure out what I had as a little kid, here are some bullet points.

* The toys were all "Egg" based/themed, not just egg shaped. The fact that they were Eggs was the primary point of this toyline.
* I swear they were called "Egg People" or something basic like that.
* The "Egg People" might have been from "Egg City", "Egg Village", "Egg Town", or something to that effect.
* They were aimed at young children (i.e. 3 to 5 or something like that).
* They were not action figures (i.e. they were not Meteorbs, Rock Lords or any other action figure egg shaped toy)
* They were not Weebles, Little People, Nerfuls, Mr. Potato Head, etc. Those are egg shaped toys, not egg themed toys.
* The primary shared body was a white plastic egg. I believe they had painted on faces. The egg bodies might have opened (split in half) to store their pieces but I don't remember that clearly (and that memory might be influenced by Mr Potato Head).
* I think their arms and legs were removable, but I can't remember. Their arms were more like Mickey Mouse or Mr. Potato Head like arms.
* My favorite one was the Fireman Egg guy. He either had a firetruck or a firestation playset, I can't remember which (actually I remember both but I think I'm asking a lot of my memories from when I was around 4 or 5).
* I was born in 1977, so these toys were available at retail stores around 1981 give or take a couple of years (late 70s, early 80s).
* I'm from Michigan -- it's possible that these were a local toy to the mid to southeast portions of Michigan.
* I swear I remember seeing this firefighter playset a couple of years later at Toys R Us in Southfield, MI. I remember seeing the set and thinking to myself "wow they're still selling these" or "they brought them back" or something like that.
* I remember having 5 of these egg guys but I can't tell you what the others were aside from the Fireman Egg guy.
* I don't remember there being egg animals, just egg people. But that doesn't meant that there weren't, I just didn't have any if there were.
* I have scoured the Internet looking for these damn things. I can't find a single mention of anything like what I'm remembering. Nothing on eBay, nothing on vintage toy websites, I have tried tons of searches on Google and Google Images but I've come up with nothing.
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1182996)
Posted by Diem on February 16th, 2011 @ 1:58pm CST
Mkall wrote:

Um, me.
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1182998)
Posted by Seibertron on February 16th, 2011 @ 2:03pm CST
Diem wrote:
Mkall wrote:

Um, me.

It's perfect desk fodder toys ... right alongside the upcoming Kre-o mini-figures (Kreons) and the Mighty Muggs.
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1183363)
Posted by Diem on February 17th, 2011 @ 12:27pm CST
[JRX] wrote:I don't understand the "flesh tone" area around the eyes. Does that represent skin? Are they skin-covered eggs dressed as Transformers?! The thought of a skin-covered egg is kinda making me a bit sick... :SICK:

Y...you know that's the color an eggshell is, right?
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1183364)
Posted by [JRX] on February 17th, 2011 @ 12:36pm CST
Diem wrote:

Y...you know that's the color an eggshell is, right?

some eggs, yes. some eggs are blue w/ speckles. the last few dozen eggs I saw at the store were white.

...but no matter the color, I still stand by my claim that a skin-covered egg would be sickening.
Re: One Last Gallery from Toy Fair Featuring Transformers Eggbods from Bluw (1183420)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 17th, 2011 @ 2:49pm CST

You've never seen a brown egg? They're just as common as the white ones.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Vortex Decepticon Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron 2012 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Generations Combiner Wars Thundercracker Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Starscream Masterpiece MP-3 Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS LOT RHINOX SOUNDWAVE DOUBLEDEALER USA HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jazware Zoteki Battle On Cybertron Rare Hot Toy Collectible" on EBAY