Transformers News: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window

Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 11:16PM CST

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 16,335

Robot Kingdom seems to be the first site offering a preorder for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide. We do get new details from this listing including a more specific release date and a price.

The release date given is July 1st, 2018. This does fit with the Fall release given by Hasbro since Hasbro usually refers to when we would see a product on the shelves. Robot Kingdom has the toy at $109, but as the title of this article states, this clues us in more on the price point, and is not necessarily the price the toy will be on shelves in America.

This is the same price MPM Optimus Prime goes for on the same site, meaning that MPM Ironhide would probably be sold at the same $100 price Optimus Prime was at Toysrus. Unlike previous MPM releases, Ironhide has not been said to be retailer exclusive and will also be available on Hasbro Toy Shop.

Credit(s): robot kingdom

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932228)
Posted by Asepticon on January 18th, 2018 @ 11:26am CST
If only the weapons detached for truck mode.
Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932314)
Posted by EunuchRon on January 18th, 2018 @ 7:08pm CST
That's why I'm stickin' with my Leader 'Hide and the Fans Want It cannons.
Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932335)
Posted by Spider5800 on January 18th, 2018 @ 8:41pm CST
Good lord, I hope that's the wrong price. I was expecting $70-$80 dollar range at worst. He's a little taller than MPM Bumblebee and a fair bit smaller than MPM Prime, no way he's worth the same price as Prime is.

Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932347)
Posted by Emerje on January 18th, 2018 @ 9:21pm CST
What Ironhide lacks in height he makes up for in girth thanks to his thick legs and wide shoulders. I'm not surprised he might cost the same as Prime.

Emerje
Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932450)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on January 19th, 2018 @ 10:46am CST
Unlike Bee and Barricade, this is a guy where I am going to wait for him to come to HTS. HTS will probably actually sell him for the $100 mark instead of the $140ish mark online stores will (RK included once you include the high shipping). Bee and Barricade are OK since I will probably never see them in stores and I don't mind the extra $20 too much, more like $15 after taxes if I saw them in stores. I wasn't planning to spend $140 on Optimus, but then I found him in TRU for $100, so I lept. Good call that I didn't pay $140.

Point it, this time HTS will be my go to gal. And with as thick as he is, he probably is about Prime's heft
Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932452)
Posted by william-james88 on January 19th, 2018 @ 10:51am CST
Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932507)
Posted by Emerje on January 19th, 2018 @ 2:36pm CST
william-james88 wrote:When it comes to his price vs Prime's, its important to remember that girth counts as much as length.

I knew somebody would go there. But it's true, just look at Titan Trypticon, he may be shorter than the other city Titans, but it's hard to argue that you're getting just as much figure.

So I guess we can start crossing off other stores that might be getting Ironhide as an exclusive. Most are hitting the $135 to $140 mark so this may be solely a HTS exclusive after all (if TRU really isn't getting it). I just hope HTS stocks more of him than they do other stuff in their store if they're the only place we can get them cheap.

Emerje
Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932525)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on January 19th, 2018 @ 3:59pm CST
Asepticon wrote:If only the weapons detached for truck mode.

We've seen the cannons on different sides of the truck mode, I'm very sure the cannons are removable for truck mode.
Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932610)
Posted by william-james88 on January 20th, 2018 @ 7:53am CST
Weibo source, TF-Factory has uploaded images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide's box, featuring the back and the front. The back shows the similar images Hasbro already shared with us which feature the gimmicks, like the face plate. As with the previous MPM releases of 2017, the package features both the Hasbro and Takara logo. This toy is planned to come out in the mid-summer/fall window for a price point similar to MPM Optimus Prime's and will be available at Hasbro Toy Shop, among other retailers.

Below are the images of the packaging along with the official product description from Hasbro.

[quote]Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Ironhide MPM-6

The Masterpiece Movie Series IRONHIDE MPM-6 figure is perfect for fans and collectors alike, with features inspired by the explosive 2007 Transformers live action movie. The figure showcases the practical AUTOBOT Weapons Specialist with impressive attention to detail. Imagine unleashing IRONHIDE action with die cast detailing, articulated hands, posable neck, movable faceplate and two cannon accessories. Converts from robot to GMC Heavy Duty Topkick 6500 4x4 Crew Cab Edition mode in 45 steps. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.[/quote]

Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932615)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 20th, 2018 @ 8:39am CST
Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932622)
Posted by Randomhero on January 20th, 2018 @ 9:50am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:So do we have official confirmation that his cannons can come off? It concerns me that we haven't seen a single picture (to my knowledge) with the cannons off.

You can see how they’re pegged on
Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932631)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 20th, 2018 @ 11:05am CST
Randomhero wrote:

You can see how they’re pegged on

Doesn't mean they can come off though. They could be pinned on instead of plugging in or clipping on. I guess my big question is, if they really can come off then why are they included in the stock image of the truck mode. No other Masterpiece has done that. Bot mode yes, alt mode no.
Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932634)
Posted by Randomhero on January 20th, 2018 @ 11:23am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

You can see how they’re pegged on

Because they’d popped out in the movie when’s he was driving toward Brawl. I don’t know dude but they look like they clip or peg on because there are two folded panels between the cannons and the actual arms
Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932643)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 20th, 2018 @ 11:56am CST
Randomhero wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

You can see how they’re pegged on

And those panels make up the doors of the truck, which the cannons appear to be attached to the bottom of. I'm not saying it's a definite sign they don't come off but like I said every single other Masterpiece figure has a normal alt mode depicted on the box, both g1 and movie so it seems odd to do it for one guy based on one scene in the first movie.
Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932651)
Posted by Randomhero on January 20th, 2018 @ 12:27pm CST
It still happened in the movie even for a second. No one else did anything like that till bumblebee in Dark of the Moon and the MP for him and Optimus are based on 2007 version.

Even if they don’t oh well. It’s not like anyone will be displaying him in alt mode at all. You turn MP figures into their vehicle mode then back robot mode and they pretty much stay in robot bode
Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932655)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 20th, 2018 @ 12:37pm CST
Randomhero wrote:

That's not true at all. Most of my vehicle MP's spend a significant amount of time in alt mode and I know there actually are a lot of alt mode displayers out there. If this was literally any other line but Masterpiece I would agree with your "oh well" attitude. Masterpieces should be held to the highest standard. I'm lenient on A LOT of things when it comes to Transformers, probably more so than a majority of people on here, but masterpieces are different.
Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932673)
Posted by Randomhero on January 20th, 2018 @ 1:36pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Yeah but at the end of the day my mentality is who ya showing off to but yourself. That’s just how I look at it. I don’t post my collection it’s just me and I only collect CHUG but I got plenty of movie figures repurposed as other characters for the sake of it. They more than likely do come off and all the promo stuff is just to show how cool it is or you can keep them on in altmode and transform him with them attached. The closer he’s released the sooner you’ll see more stuff for him and eventually in a month or two(Probaly toy fair) you’ll see people handling it. He was just revealed and there will be plenty more pictures
Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932694)
Posted by DMSL on January 20th, 2018 @ 3:18pm CST
I bet they do come off. It's a licensed carmode after all. Remember Sunstreaker, they had to incorporate the non-pimp mode to get it fully licensed.
Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1932698)
Posted by Emerje on January 20th, 2018 @ 3:59pm CST
I just want to point out that the product description lists "two cannon accessories" which would indicate they're removable despite what we've seen in displays and on the box. Though, that doesn't mean Hasbro didn't change their mind and make them permanently affixed after they wrote that and forgot to make the edit.

Emerje
Re: Online Preorder for Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide Shows Price Point and Release Window (1933087)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on January 22nd, 2018 @ 4:21pm CST
Whether you can remove the cannons or not, I really am looking forward to Ironhide. He actually seems to be the most stable of the movie MPs, or at least the one that will be the most solid in physical terms.

Plus he looks gorgeous