Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now!

Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now!

Monday, April 23rd, 2007 3:32pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Sightings, Company News
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 25,424

Seibertron.com member Cujo has found out what product the elusive "Optimus Lime" is meant for. According to his images that he submitted, it is a new flavor of Starburst candy!

According to Cujo, the candies flavor is somewhat reminiscent of flat Mountain Dew mixed with flat Sprite. So if you enjoy soda that's been left out for days, this is the candy for you!

Credit(s): Cujo

This article was last modified on Monday, April 23rd, 2007 7:04pm CDT

Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (95490)
Posted by Bed Bugs on April 23rd, 2007 @ 3:47pm CDT
Front Paged and Credited Cujo! :D
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (95496)
Posted by Zeedust on April 23rd, 2007 @ 3:54pm CDT
...

They could have at least put a green Optimus head for the flavor on the package... Or did they not sign up to shill for the movie, and are now trying to cash in on a trademark loophole of some sort?

Starburst, as my sister would say, you FAIL at bandwagons.
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (95620)
Posted by UFO on April 23rd, 2007 @ 5:32pm CDT
Hooray! Flat soda! Weee!

Transformers can now rot your teeth! Double weee!
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (95623)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on April 23rd, 2007 @ 5:35pm CDT
I love Starbursts. Count me in.
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (95641)
Posted by 1337W422102 on April 23rd, 2007 @ 5:41pm CDT
Putting the pictures in the News Story might be a good idea.
Nevermind, they are up now. Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for the pictures!
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (95693)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on April 23rd, 2007 @ 6:16pm CDT
Leonardo wrote:Not very spectacular, is it?

I'm with you, I was expecting a little more bang for this possible buck!

Well take that Corporate America, now I'm keeping it!
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (95698)
Posted by Spooner on April 23rd, 2007 @ 6:17pm CDT
I'm kidding myself if I say I won't buy at least one pack...
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (95717)
Posted by RogueDeathangel on April 23rd, 2007 @ 6:31pm CDT
They used to have lime Starburst when they were called Opal Fruit.
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (95725)
Posted by Gaijin on April 23rd, 2007 @ 6:38pm CDT
LMAO at the flavor.
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (95765)
Posted by i_amtrunks on April 23rd, 2007 @ 6:59pm CDT
So horribly lame....

But where are the flames? It cannot be Optimus without flames!
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (95864)
Posted by 1337W422102 on April 23rd, 2007 @ 8:47pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:So horribly lame....

But where are the flames? It cannot be Optimus without flames!

I was thinking 'trailer' instead of 'flames.' :P
Is this a limited/special flavour, or just a renaming of a regular one? Alone, the joke is pointless, but if they had a bag of different TF-named candies, it would make a lot more sense.
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (95865)
Posted by Predaprince on April 23rd, 2007 @ 8:48pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:So horribly lame....

But where are the flames? It cannot be Optimus without flames!

LOL!

It has been awhile since i_amtrunks gave a good zing.
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (95920)
Posted by jgilkinson on April 23rd, 2007 @ 9:58pm CDT
eww
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (95928)
Posted by Dragonoth on April 23rd, 2007 @ 10:05pm CDT
The contest is about cell phones. Maybe the flavor is named after the Optimus electronics brand? (I have an Optimus VCR).
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (95939)
Posted by Ninja Sixshot on April 23rd, 2007 @ 10:16pm CDT
that sucks.
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (95945)
Posted by metalformer on April 23rd, 2007 @ 10:20pm CDT
I will control myself and restrain myself from saying half what is running through my mind right now. All I will say is: I am not surprised. That and they at least could have given the (insert favorite profanity here) bubblegum the shape of Optimus! >_<
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (95986)
Posted by Roboto750 on April 23rd, 2007 @ 10:46pm CDT
Hmmmm.... think I'll try picking some of this up tomorrow! :D Sounds interesting to say the least!
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (95987)
Posted by Roboto750 on April 23rd, 2007 @ 10:47pm CDT
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (96187)
Posted by LuckytheWonderLlama on April 24th, 2007 @ 4:21am CDT
I belive they actually had a lime flavor in starbursts a very long time ago.

Not that I am showing my age or anything...
Re: Optimus Lime Revealed, New Starburst Flavor in Stores Now! (96189)
Posted by Fang Wolf on April 24th, 2007 @ 4:27am CDT
How lame. Seriously, a Tracks Bar would have been better.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 2014 Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Drift Flip & Change." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Battle Steel Optimus Prime!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Age Of Extinction Optimus Prime Voyager Class Evasion Mode " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Warrior Stealth Force Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Original G1 1985 Whirl Box Only" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Seeker Set Elite - Asia Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition OPTIMUS PRIME Year Of The Rooster Gift Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O Kreo G1 Slipstrike Slipstream Kreon Micro Changers" on EBAY