Optimus Prime Piñata Listed on Amazon by Unique Industries

Optimus Prime Piñata Listed on Amazon by Unique Industries

Tuesday, August 15th, 2017 1:11pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 12,937

An Amazon listing has popped up, from party supply company Unique Industries, for a brand new birthday Piñata for children's parties in the shape of Optimus Prime! It is officially licensed by Hasbro, and it's worth noting that it continues the use of the same semi-G1 artwork seen on other recent Transformers products, such as backpacks and those Hauck Go Karts we reported on a while ago.

It's selling for $27.99 USD currently, and is a pullstring piñata, meaning it's not meant to smashed apart with a baseball bat. Apologies to our Decepticon readers.
Check out the image from the listing mirrored below!
Transformers News: Optimus Prime Piñata Listed on Amazon by Unique Industries

Credit(s): Unique Industries

This article was last modified on Tuesday, August 15th, 2017 1:13pm CDT

Re: Optimus Prime Piñata Listed on Amazon by Unique Industries (1904462)
Posted by Rated X on August 15th, 2017 @ 1:32pm CDT
Not smashing a pinata with a baseball bat is no fun. #-o

Whats the point then? Just put the candy in a bowl for the kids if your going to get rid of the fun part.
Re: Optimus Prime Piñata Listed on Amazon by Unique Industries (1904464)
Posted by Kyleor on August 15th, 2017 @ 1:38pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Not smashing a pinata with a baseball bat is no fun. #-o

Definitely not a piñata anymore if you don't bust it open. It's also not a piñata party unless an adult gets hit with a bat after you blindfold a kid and spin them around.
Re: Optimus Prime Piñata Listed on Amazon by Unique Industries (1904567)
Posted by DeathReviews on August 15th, 2017 @ 9:31pm CDT
A string pull pinata? You mean we can't use this to beat the crap out of Optimus Prime? Ah well... ;)
Re: Optimus Prime Piñata Listed on Amazon by Unique Industries (1904589)
Posted by EunuchRon on August 15th, 2017 @ 11:18pm CDT
This would be perfect for Megatron's birthday party! I can see it now. Soundwave has it filled with energon goodies, and old Megs is blindfold, running around swinging a stick and shouting, "FALL! FALL!!" :lol:
Re: Optimus Prime Piñata Listed on Amazon by Unique Industries (1904838)
Posted by primalxconvoy on August 17th, 2017 @ 1:47am CDT
I am not familiar with pullstring pinatas. Can they be used repeatedly, or at least used once and not breaking the figure?

Not being Ametican myself, I have never seen the point of these things. Why spend money on a fairly nice (transformers) representation, only to beat it to pieces for some sweets? I would much rather keep the pinata and have my sweets seperately. For me, it's like setting fire to a Christmas tree with transformers decorations on it...
Re: Optimus Prime Piñata Listed on Amazon by Unique Industries (1904886)
Posted by Tyrannacon on August 17th, 2017 @ 10:09am CDT
I mean for Megatron people like me, beating the crap out of Optimus Prime could be fun. I would rather a Starscream one for reasons though. XD
Re: Optimus Prime Piñata Listed on Amazon by Unique Industries (1904899)
Posted by Bronzewolf on August 17th, 2017 @ 11:03am CDT
It's actually pretty fun. Different, but fun. It gets tense when it lasts for a long time. Like a reverse russian roulette. :lol:
(I know so much about this because my mom didn't want us swinging around baseball bats blind, ((understandable)) so we had pull strings for most of our childhood. I think I might have had one traditional piñata, a Death Star)
Re: Optimus Prime Piñata Listed on Amazon by Unique Industries (1904973)
Posted by EunuchRon on August 17th, 2017 @ 6:41pm CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:So the whole shtick of pull string piñatas is that you have to guess which string opens the flap to release the candy. Kids stand in a line, kid #1 goes up, chooses a string to pull, it just pops off. Kid #2 walks up, picks a different string, pulls it, and the bottom of the piñata swings open for candy to fall out.

Man, that takes all the fun out of it. "Oh, violence and stuff!" Sheesh, come on. I played cops n' robbers like everyone else, had GI Joes blasting each other, and I got no record. Well, I might have eaten a few planets...

Hey, they were candy. Don't judge me! :POPCORN:

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege: War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia Brand New" on EBAY