Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail

Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail

Sunday, May 7th, 2017 12:23pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 20,852

Just in case you had been watching for the new Optimus Rubick's Cube, it has been spotted at Asian retail by TFW board member Ikkad. Here's the photo of Puzzlimus Prime on Mall of Asia shelves.

Transformers News: Re: Optimus Rubik's Cube Revealed

If you find any new toys or transformer products out in the wild, please let us know here!

Credit(s): TFW2005

This article was last modified on Sunday, May 7th, 2017 1:32pm CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail (1879918)
Posted by masktique on May 7th, 2017 @ 1:26pm CDT
I consider myself pretty proficient in solving a Rubik's Cube, so I honestly can't wait to get this as a fun desk toy.
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail (1879960)
Posted by dragons on May 7th, 2017 @ 4:16pm CDT
This looks something I can solve in four moves but if I see it I may buy it nit fan other Rubik's cube where stickers are on them and peel off in time
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail (1880963)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 11th, 2017 @ 12:46pm CDT
The puzzle of how to find one of these neat desk toys has been solved! You can head over to HasbroToyShop.com to purchase one for 12.99. From what Hasbro has included in the description we can tell that Optimus' head serves as a 2x2 Rubik's puzzle. The pictures below also demonstrate how the puzzle head attaches to the figure for display.

Big head. Big Challenge. With the Rubik's Crew Puzzlehead, players can solve the puzzle that is shaped like one of their favorite Transformers characters. Twist the pieces and solve the Puzzlehead designed like the face of Optimus Prime. Once completed, place the collectible Puzzlehead on the included display stand body.

Includes Rubik's Crew Optimus Prime 2x2 Puzzlehead with display stand body, and instructions.

• Challenges kids to solve the puzzle
• Designed as Transformers Optimus Prime character
• Collectible Puzzlehead
• Includes display stand body

Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail (1880970)
Posted by william-james88 on May 11th, 2017 @ 1:07pm CDT
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail (1880972)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 11th, 2017 @ 1:15pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Not speaking for those who can easily solve a 3X3 rubick's cube, but a 2X2 cube like this is not that easy. I have been struggling all week tryng to figure out my own 2X2 shaped as darth vader. While its essentially the same thing, the fact that this toy is sculpted as a face makes it even more challenging since the idea of a "side" is less easy to distinguish. And all rubick's tutorials are based on flat cube surfaces so youtube wont be much help. Maybe I just suck at this stuff, but I find puzles like this one super challenging and I do want to prepare those who have no experience and think that it looks simple. Its not.

I can't blame you man. I have had a 3x3 for a few years and I still have trouble with it at times. Some people are amazing at solving cubes but I have problems memorizing all the algorithms.

Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail (1880980)
Posted by william-james88 on May 11th, 2017 @ 1:27pm CDT
WreckerJack wrote:But at least the puzzle being shaped like Optimus' head will prevent anyone from throwing it in frustration. :-P

Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail (1880991)
Posted by dragons on May 11th, 2017 @ 1:50pm CDT
Have my preorder in for prime cube head be first Rubik's cube game I will own interested find out if it's difficult people make 2x2 puzzles out to be
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail (1881022)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 11th, 2017 @ 3:07pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

It wont look like anything once people shuffle him and try to solve him. I am looking forward to what that looks like actually. All pics will be welcome :) [/quote]

I am debating getting one. Knowing my aunt she might pick one up for my birthday this summer.

I'm hard to shop for and my family hardly ever buys me actual figures. "I don't know which one to buy you." "All the ones I see are Bumblebee, I can't find your ambulance guy."
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail (1885329)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on May 30th, 2017 @ 7:07pm CDT
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail (1885333)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 30th, 2017 @ 7:40pm CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:Has this been sighted in the us yet. because I just found it at walmart for 12.96

Not at a brick and mortar store. If you have a picture we can make a news post though. Thanks!
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail (1885341)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on May 30th, 2017 @ 8:16pm CDT
Forgot to take a pic of the price but it was around 12.90 when I checked on the scanner.
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail (1885357)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 30th, 2017 @ 9:22pm CDT
Very cool! Can you tell us which walmart you found this at?
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail (1885359)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on May 30th, 2017 @ 9:27pm CDT
WreckerJack wrote:Very cool! Can you tell us which walmart you found this at?

Walmart on new independence parkway in winter garden Florida
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail (1885360)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 30th, 2017 @ 9:30pm CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:Very cool! Can you tell us which walmart you found this at?

Walmart on new independence parkway in winter garden Florida

Perfect, thanks!
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail (1885361)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 30th, 2017 @ 9:40pm CDT
Our own Bumblebee21 has sighted an Optimus Prime Rubik's Crew Puzzle Head at their local wal-mart in Winter Garden, Florida. They were generous enough to send us a picture which we have posted below. The Optimus Prime Rubik's Puzzle head rings up for roughly $12.98. If you'd like a closer look check out this article to get a better idea of how the puzzle will work.

If you find any cool new Transformer's products please hit up our sightings page!

Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail (1885369)
Posted by Terrsolpix on May 30th, 2017 @ 10:32pm CDT
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Found at Philippines Retail (1885375)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 30th, 2017 @ 11:31pm CDT
Terrsolpix wrote:Didn't know they weren't reportedly in stores yet. Tru has them up at the front for $12.99 each, right in the TLK display. Can't send pictures, enjoying a nice ear of corn and the closest store gets sketchy past 8:30.

Just posting in the sightings section would be enough, even if you cannot get a picture.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES WARRIOR MACE MASH GNAW (062)" on EBAY