Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words

Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words

Wednesday, August 15th, 2007 7:20am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 17,029

Just wanted to share with you something that is cool. Last week we showed you artwork that Alex Milne shared for Megatron Origins, which had removed those bothersome word balloons so that we could see the artistic goodness hidden underneath.

Well, this week, Josh Burcham shares the first five colored pages (Art by Don Figueroa) with everyone via 'deviantART', unemcumbered by any dialogue or thought ballons.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

We first brought the five page preview to you via this story courtesy of COMIC NEW I. You can read the preview with the dialogue here.

IDW Spotlight Optimus Prime is set for an August 29th release!

Credit(s): TFW 2005

Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (284709)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 15th, 2007 @ 7:25am CDT
I can't wait to get this just so Chris, Don, Simon, etc., can tell me who the winged leader (matrix bearer?) two behind Prime is!!!
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (284710)
Posted by Psychout on August 15th, 2007 @ 7:25am CDT
Not actually that keen on the look they have for Prime there, cant place why, just seems to lack strength.

Shaping up to be an excellent comic though!
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (284717)
Posted by steve2275 on August 15th, 2007 @ 7:29am CDT
whoo hoo a realease date
and ill get cover b
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (284750)
Posted by soundwave13c on August 15th, 2007 @ 7:59am CDT
this is great im glad people can draw our faverite tfs so well,if that job was appointed to me it wouldent look so good
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (284786)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on August 15th, 2007 @ 8:28am CDT
Stupid only 5 pages!

I WAS ENJOYING THAT!
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (284810)
Posted by kenshin_07 on August 15th, 2007 @ 8:43am CDT
Is that Sentinel Prime stood behind Optimus on page 3?
Never seen him fully before.
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (284839)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 15th, 2007 @ 9:01am CDT
It's guessed that it is, although, upon second look and comparison to Megatron Origins, I lean towards no...
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (284851)
Posted by JazZeke on August 15th, 2007 @ 9:04am CDT
Thanks Josh, but methinks Don should sign up for his own dA page.
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (284942)
Posted by optronix321 on August 15th, 2007 @ 9:47am CDT
Really cool. The Primes line (I'm guessing that's what it is) and Omega Supreme look awesome. I hope I can get hands on it, IDW's supply has been scarce.
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (285218)
Posted by Moonbase2 on August 15th, 2007 @ 12:23pm CDT
Oh, the utter goodness. I'll get this one the moment it comes out.
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (285337)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on August 15th, 2007 @ 1:12pm CDT
Nice cover
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (285356)
Posted by tequila stu on August 15th, 2007 @ 1:27pm CDT
this is th every reason i get comics kept back for me. When i go back to uni, i'll have 4 months of comics to buy when i get to the comic shop again.
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (285366)
Posted by Cyber-Kun on August 15th, 2007 @ 1:38pm CDT
I'm really digging the art here.
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (285446)
Posted by King Starscream89 on August 15th, 2007 @ 2:17pm CDT
go go prime spotlight
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (285475)
Posted by waaaaghlord on August 15th, 2007 @ 2:32pm CDT
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (285643)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on August 15th, 2007 @ 3:50pm CDT
waaaaghlord wrote:The head design on both the Dead Universe Prime and the third Prime back (same bot? I'm thinking so) is still screaming out Big Convoy/U Nemesis Prime to me. If this is indeed Galvatron's master ans he has the Matrix squirelled away in the Dead Universe I can see the 'Magnificance' C-plot coming to the fore in Revelation as a source of opposing power to the (dark?) Matrix.

Maybe it's just the coloring, but I was thinking it was some manipulation from The Fallen. I know it's not exactly his head, but realy it's the colors that have me thinking it.

Also, please keep in mind that I'm not up on my comic Prime liniages, but that one looks like a cross between TigerHawk and (I believe) Sentinel Maximus?

I like it, but still, whats that about?
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (285804)
Posted by First-Aid on August 15th, 2007 @ 5:24pm CDT
OMEGA SUPREME!!! BOOYEAH!
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (285885)
Posted by Nautilus on August 15th, 2007 @ 6:12pm CDT
I agree, I can't wait for this, Omega Supreme!

Hope this means he becomes a regular in the series.
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (285935)
Posted by i_amtrunks on August 15th, 2007 @ 6:35pm CDT
just another 2 weeks....
Re: Optimus Prime Spotlight Pages-- No Cluttery Words (286542)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on August 16th, 2007 @ 12:39am CDT
Which Prime is that behind Sentinal? Alpha Prime? I dunno, just tossing ideas out here. Omega Supreme baby!!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G.I. Joe Sky Striker Starscream Cobra Commander 2011 SDCC Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Deluxe Class COG - WEAPONIZER! Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron SIEGE Firedrive WFC-S1" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE Roadhandler & Swindler WFC-S4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Pteraxadon Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Springer" on EBAY