Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT!

Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT!

Monday, July 6th, 2009 10:01pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, People News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 16,035

CBS TV- I cannot speak to any other source than the television, but as I was watching re-runs of Monday night CBS sitcoms, a commercial came on showing a CGI model of Optimus Prime in the Late Show studio, and a voice over saying that Optimus Prime would be doing the top ten tonight.

For those unfamiliar with 'The Late Show With David Letterman', it stars David Letterman and interviews guests of current U.S. cultural significance (entertainers, athletes, musicians, and more).

One of the show's signature routines is a 'Top Ten' list related to some event or person of current interest.

Chances are that we will be able to catch this tomorrow on youtube, or the list will be able to be found on the CBS Late Show website.

'The Late Show With David Letterman' airs weekdays at 11:30 on PM (Eastern/Pacific) on CBS.

Credit(s): CBS TV

This article was last modified on Monday, July 6th, 2009 10:37pm CDT

Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (949664)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 6th, 2009 @ 10:07pm CDT
Is this tonight?
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (949677)
Posted by Name_Violation on July 6th, 2009 @ 10:24pm CDT
yeah, tonight? its still 8 somethin. if its tonight i can still catch it.
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (949691)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 6th, 2009 @ 10:36pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Is this tonight?

Yes, dammit, I did a bad header...
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (949713)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 6th, 2009 @ 11:09pm CDT
Top Ten Things That Sound Cool When Said By A Giant Robot (Optimus Prime):

10. Jergens Lotion leaves my hand silky smooth
9. Do you have these Khakis in size 114?
8. My perfect night is a pint of Haagen-Dazs and season 3 of Sex and the City
7. Man do I love these 'taters!
6. It was so hot in Central Park today, I saw a squirrel putting sunblock on his nuts
5. You seemed little pitchy (picky?), dawg
4. Brody Jenner had added you as a friend on Facebook
3. Live from New York it's Saturday Night!
2. My parents wanted me to be a rabbi
1. All the slammin's shorties in da hosue say YEAH!

They did a real good Prime animation. When it was over Dave said "Good luck getting a cab!"
Apparently he doesn't get the concept behind Transformers.
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (949717)
Posted by Bed Bugs on July 6th, 2009 @ 11:13pm CDT
Anyone else think #2 was a Family Guy reference?

I'm thinking it's more than coincidental.
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (949719)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 6th, 2009 @ 11:15pm CDT
Fender Bender wrote:Anyone else think #2 was a Family Guy reference?

I'm thinking it's more than coincidental.

I immediately thought of that as well. But it's alright.

"Optimus Prime? You're a Jew???"

But Family Guy has a few good TF references, one with Soundwave, also one with Megatron, and don't forget, Crippletron!
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (949723)
Posted by UltraPrimal on July 6th, 2009 @ 11:18pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Top Ten Things That Sound Cool When Said By A Giant Robot (Optimus Prime):

10. Jergens Lotion leaves my hand silky smooth
9. Do you have these Khakis in size 114?
8. My perfect night is a pint of Haagen-Dazs and season 3 of Sex and the City
7. Man do I love these 'taters!
5. You seemed little pitchy (picky?), dawg
4. Brody Jenner had added you as a friend on Facebook
3. Live from New York it's Saturday Night!
2. My parents wanted me to be a rabbi
1. All the slammin's shorties in da hosue say YEAH!

Apparently he doesn't get the concept behind Transformers.

OMG that was awesome! And they actually had Peter Cullen doing the voice!

David Letterman's such an idiot though. And I'm not just talking about that comment. I don't find him entertaining at all. :roll: The guy needs to retire already. Let someone else take over.

Oh, and that "Optimus Prime is Jewish" thing will never die now.
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (949727)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on July 6th, 2009 @ 11:19pm CDT
I laughed. A lot. Way to go Prime :)
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (949730)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 6th, 2009 @ 11:24pm CDT
UltraPrimal wrote:

So true. I don't think he is funny. He pauses too much to get laughs to jokes that aren't funny. All he gets is courtesy laughs and applause. He's not even a good interviewer. No wonder Leno was kicking his ass for the last 15 years.

I thought #6 should have been #1 though. That was the funniest.
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (949737)
Posted by kowntimus prime on July 6th, 2009 @ 11:27pm CDT
I just finished watching it and it kicked mega @$$! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (949742)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 6th, 2009 @ 11:35pm CDT
Fender Bender wrote:Anyone else think #2 was a Family Guy reference?

I'm thinking it's more than coincidental.

I thought it was intentional, perhaps the writers are fans of Family Guy?

Hayden P. looked good afterword...

But yeah, the Optimus thing was cool. Thankfully it was not the Twins. #-o
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (949758)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 7th, 2009 @ 12:00am CDT
Damn it i missed it. Hopefully itll be on youtube in a few days.
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (949771)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 7th, 2009 @ 12:22am CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:Damn it i missed it. Hopefully itll be on youtube in a few days.

As I was scanning youtube for it, I came across a video of David Letterman 'playing with' the transforming Prime rig blaster from the first movie. Pretty funny. PG-13 humor for sure. And it fits right in with the first movie's reference to Sam's Happy Time. :grin:
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (949793)
Posted by what0080 on July 7th, 2009 @ 1:10am CDT
On CBS' front page they have 10-8 as a preview. The whole thing will probably be put up tomorrow...
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (949823)
Posted by T-Macksimus on July 7th, 2009 @ 2:10am CDT
It just aired on the "Left" Coast and yeah, #6 should have been #1. And I don't think that was a mod job on the voice. That had to be all Cullen. I can see Dave swinging that.
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (949936)
Posted by MantaScorp on July 7th, 2009 @ 7:29am CDT
I'm sure it'll be on youtube later, but for now, I found it here:

http://www.joost.com/0941r8qu/t/Letterm ... d=0941r8qu

I must say that Dave doesn't really GET Transformers...
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (950005)
Posted by UltraPrimal on July 7th, 2009 @ 10:08am CDT
Here's a YouTube link to it:

pst, don't tell CBS. OK? :wink:
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (950069)
Posted by Norcinu on July 7th, 2009 @ 11:49am CDT
*facepalm* This is terrible, I actually felt appalled listening to this. Then reading everyone's comments.

Well... he sounded cool saying #1... kinda... *cries*
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (950081)
Posted by Phenotype on July 7th, 2009 @ 12:23pm CDT
Wow, that wasn't funny at all. I never liked Letterman's Top 10 lists.
Re: Optimus Prime To Do "The Late Show" Top Ten List TONIGHT! (950083)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 7th, 2009 @ 12:32pm CDT
Phenotype wrote:Wow, that wasn't funny at all. I never liked Letterman's Top 10 lists.

Much like his jokes and monologue, about 10% of them are funny.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Universe Ratchet COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Timelines Universe Ironhide w/ weapon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Autobody Roadbuster SEALED " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DOTM Mechtech Voyager Class Shockwave Action Figure 2011 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RAMJET - G2-Botcon Club 2011 -USA generation 2 redux seeker" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Side of the Moon Energon  Sword Megatron Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers DOTM Deluxe Class Autobot Sideswipe Walmart Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WFC E24 SKYLYNX E11 OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY