Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron?

Orange Tips- The First Step:  What's Next For Megatron?

Sunday, May 4th, 2008 7:32pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 24,611

According to a recent article on Yahoo News, there are a number of new bills in Congress to work on making the toy gun laws in the United States even more strict in many states:

"Among those 15 states, seven bills limiting fake guns are pending this year and 21 have been enacted since 1990, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. Some states have enacted or are considering multiple measures. They range from prohibiting imitation firearms in vehicles to banning the toys from convenience stores.

Tennessee lawmakers are considering a proposal by state Rep. John Deberry to make it a misdemeanor to intentionally display or expose "an imitation firearm in a public place in a threatening manner." Exceptions include justifiable self defense, lawful hunting, and displays such as a museum collection."

So will these bills become law? Will this have even more of an ill effect on the state of Re-Issue and Masterpiece Megatrons being bought and sold within the United States? Will your state be one that adopts these new proposals? Will you have to keep your Megatrons locked in a gun cabinet and have a permit to own one?

You can read the whole article here.

However, if you live in the United States and are having trouble swallowing these new toy gun law possibilities, ask any of our Australian members about their troubles with the recent Masterpiece Megatrons seized at customs --some destroyed--, and gun safety permits needed to own one. Yes, that's right ask them about having to get a weapons permit to own a Re-issue or Masterpiece Megatron.

Oh to have the innocence of the 80's back...

Credit(s): Yahoo news.com

Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693276)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 4th, 2008 @ 7:40pm CDT
Bleh! What a pain!

On one hand, it'd serve people that would use such things in this manner right to be charged with doing so. I mean, rob the local Chevron using a toy gun, get nailed with using the toy in such a threatening manner as well as the robbery if your caught.

On the other hand, how would this screw over people like me that'd sooner keep their Classics and Henkei Megatrons in robot mode where they currently are?

Masterpiece Megatron would be a bit hard to use in a robbery as big as it is, though, wouldn't it?
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693279)
Posted by soundwave13c on May 4th, 2008 @ 7:43pm CDT
thats hilarious :grin: i would love to have a mp megatron in a gun cabinet !

but seriously its a little over bearing, especially in Australia :-x
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693281)
Posted by Zeds on May 4th, 2008 @ 7:46pm CDT
I am not going to even comment on the double standard of this whole issue, but I think that I already have. 8-}
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693283)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 4th, 2008 @ 7:50pm CDT
HEre comes another gun control thread....

So I'm just gonna say this, I had plenty of toy guns as a kid, realistic ones at that. Walked down the street with them, no big deal.

I live in a shooting heavy area, toy guns, still not an issue.

But wait, add alittle media induced paranoia, and cops get to aprehend cap gun weilders along with people on cell phones :shock:

Meanwhile, as toys (which are a true threat) become outlawed, airsoft and BB/Pellet guns go unabated!?!

I've known alot of stupid kids, not a one took an eye out with a cap gun. However I can show you some scars on the same idiots inflicted by a BB...

But as always, why look into and fight a real issue when you can make an example of a 5 yr old playing cowboys and india.... uh, Native Americans.

And people wonder why I hate the world!
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693290)
Posted by Bumblebeast on May 4th, 2008 @ 7:58pm CDT
Well, but doesn't this suddenly adds realism to the whole Transformers scene?

Megatron is now illegal. Unlawful. Chased. An outlaw.

He'll be back, and now he has reasons for revenge.
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693295)
Posted by i_amtrunks on May 4th, 2008 @ 8:02pm CDT
I can tell you what's next for owning Megatron, G1 or MP..

Having to hold a gun license for him, even though he is only a replica firearm. Having to have him displayed in a secured cabinet at all times.
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693296)
Posted by Zeds on May 4th, 2008 @ 8:02pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Oh to have the innocence of the 80's back...

QFT! Best statement made on this entire situation.
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693299)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 4th, 2008 @ 8:07pm CDT
Bumblebeast wrote:Well, but doesn't this suddenly adds realism to the whole Transformers scene?

Megatron is now illegal. Unlawful. Chased. An outlaw.

He'll be back, and now he has reasons for revenge.

Ironic isn't it!?!

Buy the way, if no one said it Welcome, new guy buys the beer :D

And to Trunks...

that sucks, but I'm a good smuggler, want me to look into this?
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693306)
Posted by Tekka on May 4th, 2008 @ 8:14pm CDT
Lucky for me I prefer Tank Megatron and the new Chopper Megatron. The gun mode has never done it for me. So I'll be happy regardless of what happens with gun regulations anywhere in the world.
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693316)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 4th, 2008 @ 8:35pm CDT
I'm still trying to get MP-05 Megs for my B-Day, which is in one month. Will this have any effect on my plans?
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693323)
Posted by leader magnus prime on May 4th, 2008 @ 8:42pm CDT
that is so dumb
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693328)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 4th, 2008 @ 8:46pm CDT
Here's a question(that I need answered) translated into US dollars, whats the actual shelf price of this item in Japan, or better yet Taiwan?

I'm sure citizens of said nations aren't at the mercy of BBTS or Ebay.
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693329)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on May 4th, 2008 @ 8:52pm CDT
Well, I don't own an MP Megatorn so this dosen't affect me(yet anyway) but this sucks for all those who like to keep their Megs in alt mode(I would keep mine in robot mode though) or even take it out in public.
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693339)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 4th, 2008 @ 9:04pm CDT
What?

How am I supposed to scare people when I'm angry now?
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693343)
Posted by Bumblebeast on May 4th, 2008 @ 9:06pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:Ironic isn't it!?!

Buy the way, if no one said it Welcome, new guy buys the beer :D

Thanks for the welcome, i'm going to make sure that Dispensor delivers the goods.
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693367)
Posted by Sideshow Sideswipe on May 4th, 2008 @ 9:26pm CDT
Yeah way to go america pass useless wasteful laws about toy guns while I can buy a real gun anytime I want. The NRA has so much lobbying money in our politicians pockets that they have to pass BS laws like these to 'protect' the children while we have more gun violence than any other country in the world.
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693370)
Posted by capellamusic on May 4th, 2008 @ 9:34pm CDT
How about if everyone moves to Japan to live there and get rid of all this BS? I hope they won't go to this amount of ridiculous in my country... if they do, Japan here I go! Maybe I'l get a job on Takara Tomy. :-?

Maybe in the future we'll also have to put orange tips in our lower parts, who knows? It's something which commits crimes... #-o
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693372)
Posted by 1337W422102 on May 4th, 2008 @ 9:37pm CDT
I have the right to bear toys.
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693377)
Posted by Solrac333 on May 4th, 2008 @ 9:43pm CDT
I might as well buy a real gun and customize it into Megatron.
Re: Orange Tips- The First Step: What's Next For Megatron? (693380)
Posted by Solrac333 on May 4th, 2008 @ 9:45pm CDT
So if I put an orange tip on a real gun I can do whatever I want with it?

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Starscream & Waspinator" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BLIGHT Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager 6 inch Action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Voyager Decepticon Blitzwing complete w/extras" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager Figure IN HAND!! MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War 4 Cybertron Kingdom Voyager WFC-K27 Rhinox IN HAND" on EBAY