Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron?

Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron?

Friday, June 12th, 2009 8:15am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, People News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 26,766

MTV.com- With the domestic release of Transformers Revenge of the Fallen less than two weeks away, MTV talks about TF2 with Shia, and Megan, and also TF3 with half of the infamous writing duo of the franchise Robert Orci (of Orci and Kurtzman fame).

You can see the whole article here, and check out some highlights below.

"So with a 2012 release date already hanging over their heads, the next question is a simple one: What would "Transformers 3" be about?

"I'd like to see some version of Galvatron," said Roberto Orci, who wrote the first two films with his partner Alex Kurtzman. "I would like to see Unicron, too, and really anything that ends in the word 'ron.' "

"Dinobots!" Orci added. "I think, eventually, the Dinobots are going to have to happen."

Although some fans remember the dinosaur-shaped Transformers as being a bit cheesy, Orci doesn't see it as an obstacle. "I didn't say it was going to be my problem [to overcome as a writer]," he laughed. "But as a fan, I would like to see some Dinobots." "

With many of us just full of anticipation about seeing Devastator on-screen the next movie is a little off our viewscreens. But it is fun to consider, who might be in the next, and what can they do to make the third movie even better.

Check out the Vector Sigma Database entries for the G1 Dinobots Grimlock, Slag, Swoop, Snarl, and Sludge, as well as, Galvatron, and Unicron!

Credit(s): MTV.com

This article was last modified on Friday, June 12th, 2009 10:49am CDT

Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (935810)
Posted by King Henrik on June 12th, 2009 @ 8:41am CDT
i really think the way furman did the idw dinobots would work in the movie verse. or some variation of it... then we can add unicron and have grimlock kick his butt again...lol
Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (935815)
Posted by DevastaTTor on June 12th, 2009 @ 8:47am CDT
My thoughts:
Dinobots: with multiple, legitimate options to introduce them, bring them on. After seeing Ravage, getting them in that similar style might be really cool.

Galvatron: only if it's a reformat of Megatron and he retains that "screw loose", on-the-edge feel.

Unicron: only if it avoids the same type of letdown as FF2 with Galactus.
Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (935818)
Posted by It Is Him on June 12th, 2009 @ 9:02am CDT
Someone give me a high five!
Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (935821)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 12th, 2009 @ 9:19am CDT
Did someone say Movie Unicron?

(click images to see full versions)

Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (935830)
Posted by Overloaded on June 12th, 2009 @ 9:34am CDT
If Unicron arrives does that mean TF 3 will be the end of the movie universe I taught we would go to six movies :sad:
Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (935831)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on June 12th, 2009 @ 9:36am CDT
Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (935834)
Posted by Nightwalker on June 12th, 2009 @ 9:44am CDT
Maybe it's time for the Autobots to have Arialbots or whatever. They have combiners too. :grin:
Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (935836)
Posted by Mkall on June 12th, 2009 @ 9:46am CDT
Whoever we'll get, we'll get. I'm not holding my breath.
Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (935838)
Posted by Supercollider on June 12th, 2009 @ 9:53am CDT
I kinda hope they don't do the dinobots but I could see them really pulling off Galvatron &/or Unicron.
Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (935871)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 12th, 2009 @ 10:52am CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:As a HUGE Dinobot fan I would love to see them done correctly in the next movie.

I'm with you. However, no Slag's created using Snarl's name, make him Snarl or call him something else (Hardtop, whatever).

I wouldn't mind at all seeing Grimlock, Snarl, and Swoop, but all five would be incredible, and if they did like 7 (I happen to like the Ankylosaurus from BW as well), I say go for it!

Hmm, or they can do the Dinobots Vs. Magmatron... That would be very interesting. Plus, BW fans might get on board.

I want Insecticons too. I mean real Insecticons not the 'bugs' we've seen in previews. Kickback!!!!
Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (935872)
Posted by Officer Prowl on June 12th, 2009 @ 10:55am CDT
Honestly I would just like to see some classics like Prowl, Hound, Mirage, Cliffjumper, Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, Etc.....

I know we all have our favorites and I would rather see them then these made up ones like Skids and Mudflap.
Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (935887)
Posted by cybercat on June 12th, 2009 @ 11:15am CDT
Just to maintain my image as the cranky and cynical 'kitty y'all love to hate:

Seems to me I recall Mr. Orci state that he would not be involved in TF3, even if it did exist. Something about wanting to stretch his creative horizons. (That sound you hear is my rolling my eyes).

So, if he's not involved, he most likely isn't a very good source about the plot of the third? Is it likely he knows *anything* if he's already publicly stated he's officially OFF TF3?

Or did I miss it where he's suddenly back on this cash cow.

HK, skeptical.
Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (935891)
Posted by Bouncy X on June 12th, 2009 @ 11:18am CDT
if those Unicron art photos(which are copyrighted 2008 i noticed) are anything near what they'd use, i fear they'd make him just a planet and he wouldnt transform.

because imagine if they kept that....there could be a whole 10 minute sequence just to show him transforming into a robot. it be awesome. :P

and get maurice lamarche to do his best orson welles impression and bingo...unicron's got a voice. :grin:
Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (935924)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 12th, 2009 @ 12:27pm CDT
Ok what "fans" think the Dinobots are cheesy? Im telling ya this guy has no clue what hes talking about. I can think of so many ways to bring in the Dinobots that works but they'll pick the most retarded way to do it. They'll make them dinosaurs toys that come to life because of the allspark. Unicron will look like crap and Galvatron wont be purple he'll look just like Megatron but with a new mode. You know bay wont have a giant Purple robot. He'll say "a giant purple evil robot just isnt menacing enough so, we made him green". They need to fire the writing staff and Bay.
Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (935925)
Posted by DMSL on June 12th, 2009 @ 12:29pm CDT
No Galvatron or Uni please.
Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (935935)
Posted by Puck on June 12th, 2009 @ 12:44pm CDT
Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (936004)
Posted by Optillamanus on June 12th, 2009 @ 3:11pm CDT
Puck wrote:Unless the 2nd movie brings it up, Earth while having energy persay it isn't full of Energon. And now that the Allspark is pretty much gone, why WOULD Unicron show up? To follow a handful of robots who couldn't oppose him at all?
Where else would he go? Some other planet where Bay couldn't make lots of money off of him?
Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (936020)
Posted by ngilford on June 12th, 2009 @ 4:16pm CDT
I'm pretty sure that Unicron will be the TF3. I bet that The Fallen's sun-eater--which will be Unicron--will get turned on, and they will have to stop it/him/whatever!
Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (936050)
Posted by MYoung23 on June 12th, 2009 @ 5:54pm CDT
The movie makers have left much of the universe's backstory a mysetery so there is a way to include Unicron if they want. They have yet to explain exactly who made the Allspark and they could easily make that Unicron.

I dont know if Megatron survives the sequel but if he does it leaves open the change to Galvatron. If not, they could make him a separate character like IDW has done. He could always be a surviving member of the original 13.

As for the Dinobots I will say what I have always said about this issue and that if you can have a giant scorpion and a cyclops cat thing then you can have the Dinobots. The way IDW accounted for their dinosaur modes in present time makes a ton of sense especially when you consider the movie-universe has already established Transformers being on Earth in it's ancient past.

In regard to other characters possibly being in the third movie they should look whos powers would look cool on screen like Hound's holograms, Mirage's invisibility, Cliffjumper's glass gun, etc. They have already neutered Megatron's fusion cannon into another generic movieverse "pulse blast"
Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unicron? (936076)
Posted by Zeonic_Miko on June 12th, 2009 @ 6:50pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:Ok what "fans" think the Dinobots are cheesy?

This fan for one. Dinobots are cheesy, that’s why they are absolutely perfect for a children’s program but are completely unsuitable for a live-action film that even wants to pretend it's serious. I can't see them being handled in anyway that wouldn’t come off as heavy handed.

I’d like to see more characterization for the Transformers already in the films instead of just slapping eight new ones down every time.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers robots in disguise generations Megatron, Scourge, Primus and More!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullsmasher Grax Skullcruncher g1 headmaster wfc" on EBAY
Buy "SUPER 7 REACTION TRANSFORMERS GOLD ARMOR BUMBLEBEE ACTION FIGURE NEW IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on EBAY
Buy "DECEPTICON BERSERKER PREMIER EDITION TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: 2017 Generations Power of the Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on EBAY