Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane

Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane

Thursday, January 4th, 2018 8:24am CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 24,689

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Caution: This news post contains mature content that some users might find objectionable. We recommend only users age 18 and up view this content.

Thanks to fellow Seibertronians Cyberpath and Sabrblade, we have links to both the pack in comic/manga that comes with Transformers Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane, as well as a plot summary for the Perceptor comic.

Below you will find links along with some highlighted panels. The Perceptor comic heavily connected to the G1 episode "The Face of the Nijika", and answers how Perceptor became just a head (since in Japanese continuity, the actual robot characters are just the small bots that Transform into heads). It also confirms that this is indeed G1 cassette Ramhorn and we get to see how Ramhorn went from being a cassette to a mini tank.

The Octane comic (yes, he is actually called Octane on the box), shows how Starscream takes over Octane's body in this bit of continuity. The toy comes with an extra clear plastic head representing Starscream's ghost.


LG56 Perceptor --

- [Page 1] - [Page 2] - (from prime roller)


Transformers News: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane

Transformers News: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane


LG57 Octane --

- [Page 1] - []Page 2] - [Page 3] - [Page 4] - (from prime roller)


Transformers News: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane

Transformers News: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane

Here is the summary for just Perceptor's comic:

TFWiki wrote:Having heard that the Legends World was created by the Zamojin, Perceptor travels to the dimension in search of his old friend, Katsu Don, whom he's lost touch with and worries about. Highbrow looks forward to investigating the dimension's mysteries together with his fellow scientist, though Perceptor's first duty is to fix up Ramhorn, injured in battle to the point where his cassette mode is beyond repair. Perceptor replaces it with a new tank mode, and while Ramhorn hates it, the scientist insists that he made the right choice giving him a more mobile altmode is better. The group is then interrupted by none other than Katsu Don, who says he's here to "take back Nijika" before tearing Perceptor's head off and running off with it. Highbrow and Perceptor's colleague Minerva are ready to make chase, but Ramhorn warns them that the Zamojin are strong and that they should bring some extra firepower in the form of Perceptor's body.

Katsu Don brings Perceptor to the headless new body of Nijika, damaged in a previous battle, and, having recalled that Perceptor's parts are compatible with hers, attaches the panicking scientist's head to it. The process is interrupted by the other Autobots, who have reconfigured Perceptor's body into its rarely seen tank mode, and a combined barrage from both it and Ramhorn distracts Katsu Don long enough for Perceptor to remove his head from Nijika. He returns it to his original body and takes aim at Katsu Don using Ramhorn's third mode, a handheld weapon, and the Zamojin retreats, swearing he will fulfill his dream of creating a full-scale Nijika someday. Admitting that he wasn't actually going to open fire on his old friend, Perceptor hopes that Katsu Don will someday, on a night of falling stars, find the right path again.

After returning to Axalon, Perceptor figures that since his head was already separated, he might as well convert it into a small robot and live a comfortable, human-sized life. Unfortunately, this makes it less comfortable for him to use his microscope mode, as he now has to stand on Minerva's head just to look into the lens.


And here is the summary for Octane's comic.

In the year 2022 of the G1 World, crazed stalker Lunaclub catches up to her beloved Starscream and cuts his head off, and while she's surprised that he survives thanks to his half-ghost form, she doesn't mind since it means she can kiss him all she wants. Starscream cares little for her affection and more about going to the Legends World so he can become a Headmaster and regain his mobility, a plan that catches the interest of Moonheart, who harbors her own feelings for Soundwave and wants to go see him.

Meanwhile in the Legends World, known pervert Tigatron has a found a kindred spirit in the Headmaster Octane, and the two make plans to seek out pretty ladies, hire them to appear in sexy videos, and get rich. The mention of profit attracts Trickdiamond, who offers to be the manager of their budding business, but instead she gets dragged into modeling for their first video. It becomes is a huge success and the three make enough money for Octane to buy a transtector, only for a ride on its jet mode to be interrupted by an attack from Lunaclub and Moonheart, followed by Starscream materializing inside the plane in a ghostly Headmaster form. Intending to destroy Mayor Megatron and become ruler of the Legends World, he takes control of the transtector and crushes Megatron's Tankor Drone guards with its truck mode before transforming into robot mode and grabbing his old leader.

However, Octane has installed a safety device to prevent his body from being stolen and presses a switch on its stomach that causes it to stun and eject Starscream. He reclaims the body, and when Lunaclub and Moonheart take him on, he defeats them both with a flamethrower blast, announcing that he won't let conflict disturb this peaceful world where he can make videos of pretty girls. Moonheart flees to go search for Soundwave while Starscream, true to form, crawls up to Megatron and begs for forgiveness, and is punished with having to appear in one of Octane's videos together with Lunaclub. Trickdiamond is relieved she doesn't have to do it anymore, but the new video doesn't sell at all and they end up using her as a model a second time.

Credit(s): prime roller


This article was last modified on Thursday, January 4th, 2018 6:03pm CST

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929675)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 4th, 2018 @ 8:26am CST
william-james88 wrote:Caution: This news post contains mature content that some users might find objectionable. We recommend only users age 18 and up view this content.

Thanks to fellow Seibertronians Cyberpath and Sabrblade, we have links to both the pack in comic/manga that comes with Transformers Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane, as well as a plot summary for the Perceptor comic.

Below you will find links along with some highlighted panels. The Perceptor comic heavily connected to the G1 episode "The Face of the Nijika", and answers how Perceptor became just a head (since in Japanese continuity, the actual robot characters are just the small bots that Transform into heads). It also confirms that this is indeed G1 cassette Ramhorn and we get to see how Ramhorn went from being a cassette to a mini tank.

The Octane comic (yes, he is actually called Octane on the box), shows how Starscream takes over Octane's body in this bit of continuity. The toy comes with an extra clear plastic head representing Starscream's ghost.


LG56 Perceptor --

- [Page 1] - [Page 2] - (from prime roller)


Image

Image


LG57 Octane --

- [Page 1] - []Page 2] - [Page 3] - [Page 4] - (from prime roller)


Image

Image

And here's the summary for just Perceptor's comic (Octane's comic hasn't been summaried yet):

TFWiki wrote:Having heard that the Legends World was created by the Zamojin, Perceptor travels to the dimension in search of his old friend, Katsu Don, whom he's lost touch with and worries about. Highbrow looks forward to investigating the dimension's mysteries together with his fellow scientist, though Perceptor's first duty is to fix up Ramhorn, injured in battle to the point where his cassette mode is beyond repair. Perceptor replaces it with a new tank mode, and while Ramhorn hates it, the scientist insists that he made the right choice giving him a more mobile altmode is better. The group is then interrupted by none other than Katsu Don, who says he's here to "take back Nijika" before tearing Perceptor's head off and running off with it. Highbrow and Perceptor's colleague Minerva are ready to make chase, but Ramhorn warns them that the Zamojin are strong and that they should bring some extra firepower in the form of Perceptor's body.

Katsu Don brings Perceptor to the headless new body of Nijika, damaged in a previous battle, and, having recalled that Perceptor's parts are compatible with hers, attaches the panicking scientist's head to it. The process is interrupted by the other Autobots, who have reconfigured Perceptor's body into its rarely seen tank mode, and a combined barrage from both it and Ramhorn distracts Katsu Don long enough for Perceptor to remove his head from Nijika. He returns it to his original body and takes aim at Katsu Don using Ramhorn's third mode, a handheld weapon, and the Zamojin retreats, swearing he will fulfill his dream of creating a full-scale Nijika someday. Admitting that he wasn't actually going to open fire on his old friend, Perceptor hopes that Katsu Don will someday, on a night of falling stars, find the right path again.

After returning to Axalon, Perceptor figures that since his head was already separated, he might as well convert it into a small robot and live a comfortable, human-sized life. Unfortunately, this makes it less comfortable for him to use his microscope mode, as he now has to stand on Minerva's head just to look into the lens.


Yes, why were people saying it was called "Octone" on the box? That was the Hasbro version, right?
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929676)
Posted by william-james88 on January 4th, 2018 @ 8:31am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:Yes, why were people saying it was called "Octone" on the box? That was the Hasbro version, right?

Its also how it is written in katakana.
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929680)
Posted by 1984forever on January 4th, 2018 @ 8:53am CST
Don’t know what’s being said in that Octane story, but it looks like somebody’s getting nostalgic for Kiss Players.
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929681)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 4th, 2018 @ 8:55am CST
Indeed it is, but it's written "Octane" in English, so I'm not sure how others got confused about it. Takara's been quite good with the old English names for these toys in the last several years.



It's also the (first?) Legends toy to specifically babe the Headmaster figures on the box.
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929682)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 4th, 2018 @ 8:59am CST
1984forever wrote:Don’t know what’s being said in that Octane story, but it looks like somebody’s getting nostalgic for Kiss Players.


Yes, it's the, ahem, "artist".
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929683)
Posted by Albatross250 on January 4th, 2018 @ 9:01am CST
So here's the continuation.....



Starscream's head just cut off by some combiner of Megatronia but then he got turned into a headmaster and wants to take revenge on Megatron.

Octone..... yeah he loves to sneaky-peeky of the femmebots, not only that, the last page and the first page were sooo soo :michaelbay: :michaelbay:


What's mysterious that how can he have a body on POTP? looks like i'll have to see that soon. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929684)
Posted by zodconvoy on January 4th, 2018 @ 9:01am CST
william-james88 wrote: (Octane's comic hasn't been summaried yet)


Good! :lol:
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929685)
Posted by Albatross250 on January 4th, 2018 @ 9:02am CST
zodconvoy wrote:
william-james88 wrote: (Octane's comic hasn't been summaried yet)


Good! :lol:

THANK PRIMUS FOR THAT ONE :lol: :michaelbay:
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929686)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 4th, 2018 @ 9:04am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:Indeed it is, but it's written "Octane" in English, so I'm not sure how others got confused about it. Takara's been quite good with the old English names for these toys in the last several years.
Takara uses BOTH names on the Legends packaging. Japanese "Octone" in Katakana and English "Octane" in Latin Script. This is nothing new for the Legends packaging, but considering that these toys are meant to be sold and bought within the nation of Japan to Japanese-speaking consumers, especially with the Katakana name font being much larger and more prominent than the Latin Script name font, it stands to reason that the toy's intended name is the one written in the language native to the country it is being sold in. Ergo, the toy's name is supposed to be "Octone", with the foreign "Octane" name included below it for some secondary international marketing appeal.
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929687)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 4th, 2018 @ 9:07am CST
Albatross250 wrote:What's mysterious that how can he have a body on POTP? looks like i'll have to see that soon. :APPLAUSE:
Seeing as how Takara's POTP line seems to just be a straight import of Hasbro's POTP line, I sincerely doubt it will have anything to do with Legends or its manga continuity, as it very well may not get any Japanese-original fiction of its own since almost none of the previous Hasbro-imported Takara lines of the past decade did (and any that did ended up having fictions that were co-productions between America and Japan, rather than strictly Japanese-original).
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929688)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 4th, 2018 @ 9:08am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:Indeed it is, but it's written "Octane" in English, so I'm not sure how others got confused about it. Takara's been quite good with the old English names for these toys in the last several years.
Takara uses BOTH names on the Legends packaging. Japanese "Octone" in Katakana and English "Octane" in Latin Script. This is nothing new for the Legends packaging, but considering that these toys are meant to be sold and bought within the nation of Japan to Japanese-speaking consumers, especially with the Katakana name font being much larger and more prominent than the Latin Script name font, it stands to reason that the toy's intended name is the one written in the language native to the country it is being sold in. Ergo, the toy's name is supposed to be "Octone", with the foreign "Octane" name included below it for some secondary international marketing appeal.


Yes, we know that, but the box art has been known for a while now, so why did ENGLISH speakers get confused?
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929689)
Posted by Albatross250 on January 4th, 2018 @ 9:11am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:What's mysterious that how can he have a body on POTP? looks like i'll have to see that soon. :APPLAUSE:
Seeing as how Takara's POTP line seems to just be a straight import of Hasbro's POTP line, I sincerely doubt it will have anything to do with Legends or its manga continuity, as it very well may not get any Japanese-original fiction of its own since almost none of the previous Hasbro-imported Takara lines of the past decade did (and any that did ended up having fictions that were co-productions between America and Japan, rather than strictly Japanese-original).



I still remember last year about Prime and Roller (Unite Warriors), i think the Zodiac will be the power for the Matrix in :TAKARATOMY: version of POTP. :-?
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929690)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 4th, 2018 @ 9:12am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:Indeed it is, but it's written "Octane" in English, so I'm not sure how others got confused about it. Takara's been quite good with the old English names for these toys in the last several years.
Takara uses BOTH names on the Legends packaging. Japanese "Octone" in Katakana and English "Octane" in Latin Script. This is nothing new for the Legends packaging, but considering that these toys are meant to be sold and bought within the nation of Japan to Japanese-speaking consumers, especially with the Katakana name font being much larger and more prominent than the Latin Script name font, it stands to reason that the toy's intended name is the one written in the language native to the country it is being sold in. Ergo, the toy's name is supposed to be "Octone", with the foreign "Octane" name included below it for some secondary international marketing appeal.


Yes, we know that, but the box art has been known for a while now, so why did ENGLISH speakers get confused?
Because not every English speaker is in the know about how the name labels on the Legends packaging works like you, I, and others do. Not every English speaker can read and understand Katakana.
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929692)
Posted by william-james88 on January 4th, 2018 @ 9:16am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:Yes, we know that, but the box art has been known for a while now, so why did ENGLISH speakers get confused?

Does it really matter?

primalxconvoy wrote:It's also the (first?) Legends toy to specifically babe the Headmaster figures on the box.


What do you mean by babe?
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929693)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 4th, 2018 @ 9:16am CST
Albatross250 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:What's mysterious that how can he have a body on POTP? looks like i'll have to see that soon. :APPLAUSE:
Seeing as how Takara's POTP line seems to just be a straight import of Hasbro's POTP line, I sincerely doubt it will have anything to do with Legends or its manga continuity, as it very well may not get any Japanese-original fiction of its own since almost none of the previous Hasbro-imported Takara lines of the past decade did (and any that did ended up having fictions that were co-productions between America and Japan, rather than strictly Japanese-original).



I still remember last year about Prime and Roller (Unite Warriors), i think the Zodiac will be the power for the Matrix in :TAKARATOMY: version of POTP. :-?
That Zodiac bit in the UW comic was foreshadowing Optimus's eventual resurrection as Star Convoy that occurred in the Battlestars fiction back in 1991. The UW comic took place chronologically before that in the year 2021 (The Battlestars was set sometime after 2025).

Image

At this point, it's not looking like Leader class Evolution Optimus Prime, Voyager class Starscream, or any of the POTP figures may be integrated into the Japanese G1 cartoon continuity.
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929695)
Posted by Albatross250 on January 4th, 2018 @ 9:19am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:What's mysterious that how can he have a body on POTP? looks like i'll have to see that soon. :APPLAUSE:
Seeing as how Takara's POTP line seems to just be a straight import of Hasbro's POTP line, I sincerely doubt it will have anything to do with Legends or its manga continuity, as it very well may not get any Japanese-original fiction of its own since almost none of the previous Hasbro-imported Takara lines of the past decade did (and any that did ended up having fictions that were co-productions between America and Japan, rather than strictly Japanese-original).



I still remember last year about Prime and Roller (Unite Warriors), i think the Zodiac will be the power for the Matrix in :TAKARATOMY: version of POTP. :-?
That Zodiac bit in the UW comic was foreshadowing Optimus's eventual resurrection as Star Convoy that occurred in the Battlestars fiction back in 1991. The UW comic took place chronologically before that in the year 2021 (The Battlestars was set sometime after 2025).

Image

At this point, it's not looking like Leader class Evolution Optimus Prime, Voyager class Starscream, or any of the POTP figures may be integrated into the Japanese G1 cartoon continuity.


Ah i see it now. Thanks. :)
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929700)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 4th, 2018 @ 9:27am CST
william-james88 wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:Yes, we know that, but the box art has been known for a while now, so why did ENGLISH speakers get confused?

Does it really matter?

primalxconvoy wrote:It's also the (first?) Legends toy to specifically babe the Headmaster figures on the box.


What do you mean by babe?


That's Google's Gboard at it's finest. It HATES words like GAME, HAVE, GAVE, LOVE, etc.

I meant "have".
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929787)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 4th, 2018 @ 2:58pm CST
primalxconvoy wrote:It's also the (first?) Legends toy to specifically babe the Headmaster figures on the box.


Out of necessity, really, since the body comes with two, thus it can have two identities. Sure, Octone/Octane is the main one, but calling out Ghost Starscream forces the other to be called out as well for consistency.

Also, the English names do not take the US trademark situation into account, so the original G1 names are used wherever applicable, without prefixes (though LG19 Sprung did get an "Autobot" prefix, thus "Autobot Springer").
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929790)
Posted by Quantum Surge on January 4th, 2018 @ 3:24pm CST
So what did I miss with the manga after seeing the Octone one?
Re: Pack In Comics for Takara Legends LG56 Perceptor and LG57 Octane (1929796)
Posted by RAR on January 4th, 2018 @ 3:39pm CST
I wander off for a while to do other things.
When I come back I find Transformers Comics have gone off the rails both East & West now.

When I saw The wee robo lassie in a Skimmpy Bikini I was like Whaaat ?
They I saw what seemed to be someone making a cheesecake photoshoot (for gosh alone knows what reason) - I'm like er 'Kay

Is everything alright at home with the Artist - I wonder... Is he having relationship troubles. - They could have done that same idea a hell of a lot more tastefully than getting all up in the ladies skidplate like that.

Fun times.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
Twincast / Podcast #268:
"Call Me 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Leader Class WFC-S14 Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron RATCHET Walgreens Exclusive box damage." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers siege war for cybertron ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Deluxe Prowl! War for Cybertron Generations Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron HOUND  Deluxe Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron SIEGE Leader Shockwave WFC-S14 " on EBAY
Buy "Red Alert Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY