Transformers News: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off

Thursday, December 14th, 2017 8:37AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 22,010

The images mirrored below are courtesy of regular news source Tf-factory on social media platform Weibo, and show a number of upcoming figures, or rather, their packaging, from Transformers Power of the Primes. Specifically, we have the bios and back of Voyagers Elita-1, Inferno and Hun Gurrr, plus Deluxe Moonracer
and, in a surprising twist in the books, we have a new small teaser of a figure not previously known to make its appearance - character or mold - in the toyline: the back of packaging card for a Decepticon Blast Off, which looks suspiciously similar to the Takara Tomy version of the character in the Unite Warriors release for Bruticus (the Japanese version of Combiner Wars).

Take a look at all of them below, and let us know what you think of the surprising find amidst all the known upcoming waves of combiner figures, in this final chapter of the Prime Wars Trilogy toylines.

Transformers News: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurr, Moonracer.. and

Credit(s): Weibo tf-factory
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926600)
Posted by leokearon on December 14th, 2017 @ 8:40am CST
How come Blast Off is covered and has 4 languages and the others don't.
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926601)
Posted by Quantum Surge on December 14th, 2017 @ 8:41am CST
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926603)
Posted by xMXUx on December 14th, 2017 @ 8:46am CST
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926604)
Posted by Randomhero on December 14th, 2017 @ 8:50am CST
I ended up getting blast off online months ago but this weekend but this weekend while looking at him I thought power of the Primes would be a line they could release him. Maybe a slight toning of the chest to put the armor gimmick on and a new hand and he’d pass as a figure for it. Like I said while I do the takara one I don’t like his colors at all and if Hasbro releases him with the dark brown and purple I’ll get it.
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926605)
Posted by Knightsword on December 14th, 2017 @ 8:51am CST
Emerje wrote:
Knightsword wrote:
The Matrix
The Enigma of Combination

Probably not. The first one only vaguely looks like a Matrix, I feel like Hasbro would have gone for something a little more on the nose and easily recognized as a Matrix. The second one I would think it was an Enigma it would have five points to represent the five members instead of six.

I'm probably wrong, but I'm going with the top being Primus and the bottom being Unicron. The first one reminds me of the circular formations on the surface of Cybertron while the second reminds me of Unicron's planet jaws as seen in G1 (not the clamping jaws from the Unicron Trilogy).

Emerje

The CW Combiners were all 6 members. Plus that is the symbol that is actually on the enigmas that come with the PotP Voyagers.
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926608)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 14th, 2017 @ 9:03am CST
xMXUx wrote:Blast Off definitely looks completely different from the other POTP packaging, which leads me to believe that it's fake
Yeah, there's no cross-sell or even a POTP logo on his.
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926609)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on December 14th, 2017 @ 9:10am CST

To me it is either fake, or an indication that shuttle Blast Off is not going to be a regular release. May Mayhem or part of a box set perhaps? The multiple languages make me think it is for some type of special release where they can use the same packaging everywhere.
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926611)
Posted by durroth on December 14th, 2017 @ 9:17am CST
Hopefully Will just got a crappy pull from the QC lottery, but then again, grimlock is an entire thread worth of questionable design choices to begin with (why are the combiner ports on the outside of the feet when they could easily be hid on the inside of the feet and be invisible in dino mode? why was the chest molding split on the Y axis instead of the X axis? where is his crown? starscream gets one and hes not king, grimlock is king! why am I still going to buy this figure, despite all its flaws and already having the silver knight 2-pack grimlock, which frankly does fine as a g1 grimlock?)
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926613)
Posted by datguy86 on December 14th, 2017 @ 9:30am CST
Thinking Blast Off is a store exclusive. Packaging reminds me off Groove's, but I don't have a spare Groove to compare (and at work). Blast Off's inclusion in a post other figures we know about lends to the likelihood this is similar to previous exclusive released such as Groove and previous CW members.
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926615)
Posted by Latebrus-K on December 14th, 2017 @ 9:37am CST
Blastoff! Finally! :DANCE: Curious to see if they reminded his HFG into prime armor. Also it looks like he comes with a special edition megatronus? He's the only PM on blastoff's packaging and seems to be cast in different-colored plastic than on the other boxes.

EDIT: Megatronus also suggests the image isn't fake. Molding looks identical between pictures, and when have we ever seen him at that angle?
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926618)
Posted by william-james88 on December 14th, 2017 @ 9:51am CST
durroth wrote:Hopefully Will just got a crappy pull from the QC lottery=

Qc isnt really the issue here (aside from maybe the tabbing), its just a poor ass design.

Sabrblade wrote:
Yeah, there's no cross-sell or even a POTP logo on his.

Which means its not part of POTP but a single release outside the line. It makes sense to finally release him now since we are back in combiners.

Quantum Surge wrote:Since Blast Off mentions Bruticus, does this mean they'll reissue the Combaticons?

Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926619)
Posted by o.supreme on December 14th, 2017 @ 9:55am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Ok, that's where the whole "15 Prime symbols" came from...

I'm so glad for that picture as well. I thought I was going crazy when I posted about the 15 symbols a while back and nobody believed me.

Also, I find obviously mileage on individual figures varies. I've been fortunate not to have many of the QC issues people are reporting. A couple reviews I've seen for Grimlock are surprisingly favorable. Not that I should suggest you purchase multiple toys, but Hasbro Customer Service may want to compensate anyone who is genuinely unsatisfied with the product they purchased.
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926620)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on December 14th, 2017 @ 10:00am CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

First of all - I DID IT!!!

I mean... I know it wasn't actually me... But I did make a directed request for this on Twitter. It would appear I will be getting EXACTLY what I asked for becauuuuuse -

Secondly, the packaging doesn't look fake, but rather, it looks like Skrapnel's packaging. Which MEANS it probably has the Hand-foot-gun and no Prime Master compatibility.

I have hope.
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926623)
Posted by o.supreme on December 14th, 2017 @ 10:08am CST
This Blastoff intrigues me a bit. If it's fake, then so be it, I've got my UW one. If it isn't however, I'm sure this will please many fans eager to get the single release. I myself however *may* also obtain one if I find the QC issues are fixed. The original release UW Blastoff's head pops off every time it's transformed, and the bottom section doesn't stay tabbed in when in arm mode. This was all fixed with UW Strafe that used the same mold. Not sure about Shuttler as I don't have Baldigus yet...

But if the color scheme is noticeably different and the QC issues fixed...and its not a hoax... :-? Still I'm holding out hope for other new deluxes down the line to fill out the Voyager Torso's revealed far. I now many people are speculating that these are all just extra Voyagers, but I still remain cautiously optimistic.
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926625)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 14th, 2017 @ 10:10am CST
Knightsword wrote:Plus that is the symbol that is actually on the enigmas that come with the PotP Voyagers.

All Engimas are differently sculpted, but they do follow a similar design aesthetic, maybe following one of those symbols.

Pretty odd that the cards for the Deluxes are the EU variants...

As for Blast Off, yes please. I will agree with the possibility it's an exclusive, but to what store... we still have a Wreck-Gar at Walgreens that's unaccounted for. :-?

Taking a close look at Megatronus' arms... they match the design of Liege Maximo & Skullgrin, pointing to our third Prime Master retool of the line, after Metalhawk into Landmine, and Cloudburst into Waverider.
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926627)
Posted by Randomhero on December 14th, 2017 @ 10:11am CST
Maybe he’ll be a spring online exclusive like the others have been.
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926631)
Posted by Clockwork Animations on December 14th, 2017 @ 10:31am CST
YAAAAAAY now I don't have to buy the UW Bruticus to get that awesome Blast Off.

This pleases me...
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926632)
Posted by gothsaurus on December 14th, 2017 @ 10:32am CST
I've been hoping that Hasbro/Takara had found an under-the-table way to give us G2 Defensor — at least in combined mode (and with a head swap here and there.) With a release of Inferno and the purported Wreck Gar (assumed orange repaint of Groove), we're on the way. Maybe we will see their intent when they reveal the combiner head.

Probably a pipe dream tho.

Will probably look great, though.

Still hoping for some names and bios for these combiners, Hasbro!! (not just instructions showing random assemblages with dinos and decepticons and cars all mashed together)
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926635)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 14th, 2017 @ 10:35am CST
gothsaurus wrote:This Blast Off looks to be in white and black — much like Shuttle Gunner from Battle Gaia... or G2 Blast Off. (you can see through the scribbles in some places) Kinda bummed we don't get a G1 toy color version... and that this would leave us with yet another unfinished rando combiner.

Look closer around the cockpit area, I see some brown peeking through around the windows.
Re: Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurrr, Moonracer.. and Blast Off (1926639)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on December 14th, 2017 @ 10:41am CST
That's nice that Hasbro might finally be getting around to release the space shuttle version of Blast Off that Takara made for Unite Warriors. If it's dark brown, I may pick it up, despite having the UW version. However, has Hasbro considered that some people may want a G2 color version of shuttle Blast Off instead/as well? Maybe they could do a short run of the G2 Bruticus box set using the shuttle Blast Off mold AND correct the Decepticon symbols to be the G2 versions at the same time? That was seriously lame how they used the G2 symbols for Superion and Menasor, but completely dropped the ball on Bruticus. Another short run of G2 Bruticus would be a good companion piece to the speculated G2 Defensor box set now that combiners are back in vogue a la Power of the Primes.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #205 - Ship Wrecked