Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee

Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee

Friday, September 1st, 2017 7:55am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 25,951

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Seibertronian Albatross250 has spotted some new packaging art from the upcoming Power of the Primes toyline (allegedly, but may also be the Cyberverse line or something else entirely), to be probably further revealed soon at Hascon, featuring the likes of Bumblebee, Grimlock and Starscream Art. The source of the story is Facebook page TFCN, and you can check out the images below!

Transformers News: Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee

Transformers News: Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee

Transformers News: Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee

Credit(s): TFCN


This article was last modified on Friday, September 1st, 2017 3:57pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907894)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on September 1st, 2017 @ 8:01am CDT
I don't remember seeing a Power of the Primes Bumblebee. He wasn't in the leaks.
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907895)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on September 1st, 2017 @ 8:03am CDT
Is Bumblebee going to be a TR reissue? That would explain him not showing up in the leaks.
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907896)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on September 1st, 2017 @ 8:06am CDT
Actually, are we sure this is for POTP? It could be for the upcoming show that replaces RiD15.
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907897)
Posted by ScottyP on September 1st, 2017 @ 8:08am CDT
That's for a Grimlock model kit of some kind. Not sure on Bee. I'd bet money the Starscream card is for the 88th annual rerelease of the Market Six Legends toy.
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907899)
Posted by Albatross250 on September 1st, 2017 @ 8:14am CDT
Decepticon Stryker wrote:Is Bumblebee going to be a TR reissue? That would explain him not showing up in the leaks.

MAN HE BETTER BE, CUZ THE INSECTICONS TOO :lol: :lol: :CON:
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907900)
Posted by Albatross250 on September 1st, 2017 @ 8:18am CDT
Sjeng wrote:]
I hope Grimlock's toy is getting some more colour than that in the picture...
And his mouth better open!!
Probably an early 3D render.

Pretty much, that Grimlock is an Early 3D render.
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907903)
Posted by mordhelm on September 1st, 2017 @ 8:27am CDT
Based on the art style and the packaging this looks more like it could be Cyberverse (as the spiritual successor to RiD). Generations have typically had darker packaging whereas RiD is lighter/whiter.

Also some other points:
1. Stylistically Grimlock does not appear to match the image I remember from the leak.
2. Take a look at the official image from hasbro for Starscream. The background shows his artistic rendition. This is not even close to the image shown now.
3. As others mentioned, bumblebee has not even been hinted at in PotP.

So for me, this is Cyberverse or something else entirely.
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907905)
Posted by Albatross250 on September 1st, 2017 @ 8:39am CDT
mordhelm wrote:Based on the art style and the packaging this looks more like it could be Cyberverse (as the spiritual successor to RiD). Generations have typically had darker packaging whereas RiD is lighter/whiter.

Also some other points:
1. Stylistically Grimlock does not appear to match the image I remember from the leak.
2. Take a look at the official image from hasbro for Starscream. The background shows his artistic rendition. This is not even close to the image shown now.
3. As others mentioned, bumblebee has not even been hinted at in PotP.

So for me, this is Cyberverse or something else entirely.

If its Cyberverse, then why i see some details on the background of the artwork? :-?
Edit: Images are kinda blurry so it's very hard to see it :(
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907906)
Posted by mordhelm on September 1st, 2017 @ 8:44am CDT
Albatross250 wrote:
mordhelm wrote:Based on the art style and the packaging this looks more like it could be Cyberverse (as the spiritual successor to RiD). Generations have typically had darker packaging whereas RiD is lighter/whiter.

Also some other points:
1. Stylistically Grimlock does not appear to match the image I remember from the leak.
2. Take a look at the official image from hasbro for Starscream. The background shows his artistic rendition. This is not even close to the image shown now.
3. As others mentioned, bumblebee has not even been hinted at in PotP.

So for me, this is Cyberverse or something else entirely.

If its Cyberverse, then why i see some details on the background of the artwork? :-?
Edit: Images are kinda blurry so it's very hard to see it :(


Here is what I am looking at with Starscream:

This from PotP:
Image

Vs this from the image you found:
Image

Pay close attention to the Starscream art in the background of the official Hasbro released image. It makes no sense that they would change Starscream that dramatically after an official released image. Chances are the faded background of the official image is what we will see.

Still, this is something newsworthy, I just don't think that this is PotP. Either way, kudos for finding it.
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907907)
Posted by Albatross250 on September 1st, 2017 @ 8:47am CDT
We'll see it soon if thats Cyberverse. although we wait for a few days till Hascon :-P
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907910)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on September 1st, 2017 @ 9:02am CDT
Just to add to the probably-not-potp mill: screamers a voyager, and that certainly isn't voyager packaging. Deluxe at best but based on the size/shape I'd even suggest legends class.

EDIT: then again, this does have the same blueprint detailing in the background as the previous prime wars lines. Check slightly to the right of starscream hip- based on the shape of that figures arms, I think we may have just had our first look at potp primal ;)
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907915)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on September 1st, 2017 @ 9:19am CDT
I know its been said already but I'm pretty sure this is cyberforce stuff or dollar store stuff or it could be some kind of preliminary art or packaging.
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907926)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 1st, 2017 @ 9:43am CDT
ArmadaPrime wrote:this does have the same blueprint detailing in the background as the previous prime wars lines.


Actually, only 2 out of 3. Grimlock doesn't have the same background as Starscream or Bumblebee, so these may not all be from the same line anyway. Grimlock is the only one I would consider close to a finished product art-wise since it has the panels for the text.

I also noticed on Bee, he has shoulder headlights, which doesn't really match the Thrilling 30 or TR figures. God, I hope this doesn't mean yet another new Bumblebee Legends figure. Of course, there are numerous examples of packaging art not matching the toys, so it may also mean nothing.
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907929)
Posted by Kurona on September 1st, 2017 @ 9:59am CDT
I hate to be that person, but these honestly look fake to me. That sort of artstyle does not match up with anything we've seen in Generations so far.
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907932)
Posted by Va'al on September 1st, 2017 @ 10:40am CDT
Story has been updated to reflect the speculative nature of these being part of POTP. Thanks all!

As mordhelm says: Still, this is something newsworthy, I just don't think that this is PotP. Either way, kudos for finding it.
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907933)
Posted by Albatross250 on September 1st, 2017 @ 10:46am CDT
Va'al wrote:Story has been updated to reflect the speculative nature of these being part of POTP. Thanks all!

As mordhelm says: Still, this is something newsworthy, I just don't think that this is PotP. Either way, kudos for finding it.

Thanks Va'al :D
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907939)
Posted by william-james88 on September 1st, 2017 @ 11:32am CDT
Kurona wrote:I hate to be that person, but these honestly look fake to me. That sort of artstyle does not match up with anything we've seen in Generations so far.

They arent fake, they simply arent based on generations but on the new upcoming Cyberverse show coming out next year. its what will replace RID. Makes sense, we are looking at deluxe cards and they have the exact same style as what we have seen so far. Look at Bumblebee and Starscream (the tiny toy) below and you will see.

Image

Image
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907940)
Posted by Kurona on September 1st, 2017 @ 11:37am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:I hate to be that person, but these honestly look fake to me. That sort of artstyle does not match up with anything we've seen in Generations so far.

They arent fake, they simply arent based on generations but on the new upcoming Cyberverse show coming out next year. its what will replace RID. Makes sense, we are looking at deluxe cards and they have the exact same style as what we have seen so far. Look at Bumblebee and Starscream (the tiny toy) below and you will see.

Image

They don't look like Cyberverse to me either though. Bumblebee while following a similar approach to his design considering the front of the car being on his shoulders doesn't match up to the design we see in the Busy Book -- and talking of designs matching up, it's odd that they'd use that 3D art when they've already established 2D art in that busy book. Starscream has discrepancies too, and then there's the fact that there's Generations-esque packaging in the back -- ie the sort of cross-section of early wave Transformers we saw on the box insides of Combiner Wars and Titans Return figures. Nothing about this to me implies Cyberverse and it just looks more like an elaborate hoax than anything.
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907946)
Posted by william-james88 on September 1st, 2017 @ 11:53am CDT
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:I hate to be that person, but these honestly look fake to me. That sort of artstyle does not match up with anything we've seen in Generations so far.

They arent fake, they simply arent based on generations but on the new upcoming Cyberverse show coming out next year. its what will replace RID. Makes sense, we are looking at deluxe cards and they have the exact same style as what we have seen so far. Look at Bumblebee and Starscream (the tiny toy) below and you will see.

Image

They don't look like Cyberverse to me either though. Bumblebee while following a similar approach to his design considering the front of the car being on his shoulders doesn't match up to the design we see in the Busy Book

I dont see that, it matches up perfectly, including the new details on the horned helmet and the black shapes on his arms:

Image

As for the same style rendered in 2D vs 3D, there is nothing new about that either:

Image

Different renditions for different purposes but keeping the same design.
Re: Rumoured Packaging Art for Transformers: Power of the Primes Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee (1907947)
Posted by Kurona on September 1st, 2017 @ 11:57am CDT
I'm seeing it now, though I still don't think that de-confirms it as fake. The big thing for me is the generations-esque packaging in the back.

That's a comic made by a different company to Hasbro that's making original art and not using pre-made stock images like toy packaging and activity books would. I'm willing to accept the series would use both 2D art and 3D art, but not because of that example -- it's a very different scenario and comparing apples to oranges.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #284 - Welcome to 2010
Twincast / Podcast #284:
"Welcome to 2010"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 12th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "LG-EX Black Convoy Tokyo Toy Show 2017 Limited Edition Transformers Legends" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron Series 1 Mini 4 Megatron..." on EBAY
Buy "*NEW* Transformers Generations War for Cybertron-Siege Commander Jetfire-11" Fig" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS HUNT FOR THE DECEPTICONS JETFIRE, Victory of the Fallen Legends" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation War For Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Holo Mirage WFC-S55" on EBAY
Buy "SHATTER 40 Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Deluxe Class by Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY Transformers Legends LG-EX Black Convoy Triple Changer Limited" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee MPM-12 Optimus Prime Master Piece Movie Series" on EBAY