Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1

Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1

Wednesday, October 24th, 2018 5:44pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 14,715

After previously seeing the packaging designs for the Micromasters, Battlemasters, Sideswipe, Skytread (via in hand images), and the voyagers Optimus Prime and Megatron, we have new in-package images of the remaining 2 members of the deluxe class assortment: Hound and Cog!

The new deluxe class packaging is very reminiscent of the Marvel Legends series packaging, and features a trapezoidal design as compared to the previous bubbles on card the Generations figures have used. This puts it more in line with what the Studio Series and The Last Knight Premium figures used in terms of packaging. The side of the box that sort of faces forward and off to the side beside the open window of the figures contains some very nice artwork as well.

Check out the packaging image below, courtesy of the TF-Factory Weibo page, and let us know what you think of the new packaging in the comments section below. And stay tuned! These figures are likely to start hitting retailers sometime during this holiday season!

Transformers News: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1

Credit(s): TF-Factory on Weibo

Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1990866)
Posted by Skritz on October 24th, 2018 @ 6:00pm CDT
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1990894)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on October 24th, 2018 @ 9:34pm CDT
Skritz wrote: Now I want to do that thing kids did in the '80 and cut away the art for display. :lol:
I'm not the only one who does that? Huh...
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1990896)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 24th, 2018 @ 9:46pm CDT
Decepticon Stryker wrote:
I'm not the only one who does that? Huh...

Far from the only one. Some of us keep the boxes, backing cards and inserts just for the art :lol:

Those trapezoid-, or to be more exact, prism-shaped boxes will be hard to flatten, but thankfully they're made from a single piece of cardboard. Just a few cuts more.
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1990897)
Posted by Grimlocktimus on October 24th, 2018 @ 9:59pm CDT
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1990902)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 24th, 2018 @ 10:40pm CDT
Skritz wrote:Why can't these packaging be uglier so I don't feel bad throwing them away? Now I want to do that thing kids did in the '80 and cut away the art for display. :lol:

People still do that. I've got the PotP Dinobots' art cut off from the backcards (or box, in Grimlock's case) up on one of my walls!

Grimlocktimus wrote:I have binders full of blister pack card backings dating back to beast wars... these boxes take up too much space but damn they look great!

Well, these are obviously meant to both look appealing on the store shelves and be kept as storage for the figures and stacked intact (which doesn't work too well with blister cards in my experience). To that end I do wish they were more space efficient, but they still don't waste as much space as the average Hasbro G1 box did.
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1990914)
Posted by Emerje on October 25th, 2018 @ 1:35am CDT

Emerje
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1990967)
Posted by william-james88 on October 25th, 2018 @ 9:49am CDT
o.supreme wrote:But you see, you cant have it both ways. Claiming :HASBRO: *smart* enough to give us a Skytread compatible with Battletrap from a completely different line because fans would obviously ask *why not* if it weren't, then completely mutilate Deluxe Chromia and remove the combiner functionality, because, of course, no fan is going to care about that? No, that makes zero sense to me.

Thats because you are not a huge toy business where 70% of your TF revenue comes from kids and their parents. But if you look at it from that acuate perspective you will see how having it both ways is whats going on and the smartest thing if you want to make the most people happy (70%). So far, combiners have only been on shelves when you could get enough components to build a combiner. It helps the cross sale. Having Chromia be a combiner limb when there is no other combiner component on the shelves or in the wave will only incite frustration. Its not worth that for Hasbro. But with Flywheels, you get both combining components. Backwards compatibility really is just a bonus for fans and it wont confuse any kids getting him since they have the full combiner.
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1990968)
Posted by PerfectVision on October 25th, 2018 @ 9:50am CDT
Emerje wrote:Cog's art shows him with his alt mode split in two like the G1 version (as we knew it could) so why do all of the official pics and displays treat him like he only has one alt mode?

Emerje

This dude seem unable to look on his side,i hate that.
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1991031)
Posted by Skritz on October 25th, 2018 @ 4:00pm CDT
PerfectVision wrote:

Emerje

This dude seem unable to look on his side,i hate that.

Ain't his fault! He has 'Acute Space Marine Pauldron Syndrome'. :lol:
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1991041)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 25th, 2018 @ 6:06pm CDT

Battle Masters:

ALL of them. I already have Firebolt, Blowpipe, and Aimless from the Takara Legends line, but these are cheap enough that I can have love enough for two (or more) versions of these guys. The real reason I want each, though, is not to outfit my Targetmasters, but to get those fire and explosion effects. Lionizer will, of course, be top priority when these finally hit shelves, being the only "new" character in this class we know of so far.

Micro Masters:

ALL of them. Is there anything really more to say here? This is the first time these guys are being done since G1, and I'm NOT counting weird homages we got in earlier lines, like Universe 2.0 Storm Cloud from Ultra Powerglide.

Deluxe Class:

Sideswipe - Buy. He will replace Henkei Swipe in my collection.
Red Alert - Also buy. He will replace Henkei Alert in my collection.
Cog - Buy. I have Legends Fortress Maximus, so of course, I'll get his G1 companion piece for completion. I may even get two and help outfit some unarmed Autobots with weapons as well.
Sixgun - I have SDCC Metroplex. See above for the same logic as with Cog and Fort Max, right down to getting an extra copy for more weapon options for the Autobots.
Hound - Pass. I'll be sticking with the Universe 2008 mold.
Skytread (a.k.a., Flywheels) - Buy, of course! Roadtrap needs his Duocon buddy!
Chromia - Pass. I prefer the Legends version. This new Chromia just has too much greebling in her sculpt for my liking. I also would prefer Elita One's team not to look so homogenized (referring to Power of the Primes Moonracer and Firestar).
Ironhide - Maybe buy. It remains to be seen if this Ironhide will be enough of an upgrade over the Henkei version. If Siege Ironhide turns out to be a bigger than average deluxe, I'll probably bite. If not, then I don't think it'll be worth it to me.
Ratchet - Maybe buy. If I do end up getting Ironhide, I'll have to get Ratchet too, naturally. If I don't get one of them, I'll get neither.
Refraktor (a.k.a. Reflector) - Buy x 3. No explanation should be needed here.
Brunt - Buy. I have Titans Return Trypticon. See above for Cog and Sixgun for further explanation.

Voyager Class:

ALL of them! These are the best versions we've got in Generations of Optimus Prime, Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream, and Thundercracker. I can't pass these up!

Leader Class:

Ultra Magnus - Pass. I have the Autobot Heroes 5-Pack version (redeco of the Combiner Wars mold with snazzy metallic highlights). He looks great to me. The Siege version has even more G1 detailing in robot mode, but the excessive greebling (per my opinion), coupled with the battle damage and the Car Robots inspired alt mode, don't make me think this is really an upgrade to the CW version so much as an alternative choice with a more G1 toy-based transformation scheme.

Shockwave - Buy! We've needed a Voyager sized Shockwave forever! I can forgive that he's being sold at the Leader price point with extra armor pieces to slap on if wanted. I'll find some use for those extra pieces, eventually.

Titan Class:

Omega Supreme - BUY! At last, the true rival to Devestator returns to defend the Autobots from Decepticon oppression! This will replace my "Year of the Snake" Energon Omega Supreme for sure.
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1991082)
Posted by X3ROhour on October 25th, 2018 @ 9:08pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Any idea how that guy got Skytread so early?

:-?
Satan?
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1991083)
Posted by X3ROhour on October 25th, 2018 @ 9:20pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

disagree
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1991084)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on October 25th, 2018 @ 9:21pm CDT
Z3ROhour wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Any idea how that guy got Skytread so early?

:-?
Satan?

The fact that I could see some people selling their souls to Satan to get toys early is unfortunate but also hilarious. :SG-CONS:
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1991086)
Posted by X3ROhour on October 25th, 2018 @ 9:31pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Since everyone else is already putting in their picks for buys and passes on the Siege line so far, I figure I'll take some time to do the same.

Battle Masters:

Micro Masters:

Deluxe Class:

Sideswipe - Buy. He will replace Henkei Swipe in my collection.
Red Alert - Also buy. He will replace Henkei Alert in my collection.
Hound - Pass. I'll be sticking with the Universe 2008 mold.
Skytread (a.k.a., Flywheels) - Buy, of course! Roadtrap needs his Duocon buddy!
Refraktor (a.k.a. Reflector) - Buy x 3. No explanation should be needed here.

Voyager Class:

Leader Class:

Titan Class:

after thourogh study,
complete contemplation
and dedicated research
involving the greatest mind of a generation
-mine-
i have concluded my only conceivable course of action...

buy
rack up
scare up
take possession of
ALL.

(maybe even dupes)
:-D
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1991087)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 25th, 2018 @ 9:32pm CDT
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1991106)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 26th, 2018 @ 12:23am CDT
I on the other hand will be getting Chromia since she's larger than the T30 version and is in fact a car like Chromia actually turned into in the cartoon (albeit with something of an inaccurate transformation scheme) rather than Prime Arcee's motorcycle mode pretending to be G1 Chromia's car mode (and only really succeeding when seen from the side because it's, y'know, a motorcycle).

Also, she's got Dark Crumplezone levels of re-shelling going on compared to Moonracer, so there's that.
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1991107)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 26th, 2018 @ 12:28am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:When it comes down to it, I will not be getting Chromia. I really like her Thrilling 30 toy, and this one really doesn't hold a candle to it. And I already have the basic mold twice and really aren't impressed with either, so I'll stick with the T30

Either way, she's a retool (heavy or otherwise), so you pick your poison, I suppose. Like you, I'm sticking with the Thrilling 30/Transformers Legends version. She looks great, doesn't have all that alt mode paneling around her feet, and stands out more from her teammates Moonracer and Firestar when displayed together. Plus, I really just can't stand the greebling on the Siege Chromia figure. It's way too much. If we someday get Greenlight and Lancer, I hope they're a different mold and transformation scheme from the Power of the Primes Moonracer mold.
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1991112)
Posted by X3ROhour on October 26th, 2018 @ 1:57am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

greebling

:lol:
nice word
and comment about it
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1991195)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 26th, 2018 @ 12:11pm CDT
Z3ROhour wrote:greebling

:lol:
nice word
and comment about it

Greebling is a real word. I can't take any credit for coining that, lol!
Re: Packaging Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Wave 1 (1991204)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on October 26th, 2018 @ 12:56pm CDT
I already have two Windblade and two Arcees, so I think I have to get the new Chromia too.

Maybe this isn't the right topic for this kind of speculation / wish least question, but with a possible G1-ified Barricade in Siege, are there any other non-G1 characters that would work well in WFC? I mentioned Strongarm the other day, but I just had the thought that Bulkhead would be a great candidate, or someone else chunky like Demolisher.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Dark of the moon studio series barricade topspin road buster loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters SHOCKWAVE Predacon Rising Target Excl. Hasbro 2" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: Transformers VS. G.I. Joe - (GS Exclusive) Cobra Commander & Optimus" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS EARTHRISE EX-22 DELUXE CENTURION DRONE WEAPONIZER SET" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GALACTIC ODYSSEY PARADRON MEDICS SET RATCHET & LIFELINE EARTHRISE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "NOS Transformers GRIMWING Beast Hunters Prime Voyager New NIB" on EBAY