Transformers News: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron

Friday, February 23rd, 2018 10:05AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 9,406

The latest batch of figures from the Takara Legends line (the Japaense version of the Titans Return line) is now out in Japan. Several users have recieved their shipping notices and fans in Japan already have these in hand and they have been postng in hand images on Twitter and Facebook.

The toys released were Takara Legends LG61 Decepticon Clone Set, LG62 Targetmaster Windblade and LG63 G2 Megatron. These will give you the best look yet at the toys, and all do a great job of illustrating just how great Takara's versions of the Titans Return figures are. We also have images of these toys in their packaging.

Now check out these images of Windblade, Pinpointer, Pounce, Wingspan, G2 Hero Megatron and Savage Noble below and tell us what you think in the forums!

These images come from:

Kimoiman_37T
TongtoroToro
Yip Yip
kyano13neo
saltcandyHakata
Hau Chi Lee‎
tagoal
Alfes2010
Robot Kingdom
Credit(s): see article for complete list of sources

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941788)
Posted by Rated X on February 23rd, 2018 @ 10:16am CST
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941789)
Posted by megatronus on February 23rd, 2018 @ 10:17am CST
G2 Megatron looks great. I'm trying to decide whether it will be worth displaying him with my United Megs for posterity, or just selling United Megs outright. :-D

Also, Windblade is a beauty! I'm still bummed I haven't found the last Titans Return wave anywhere, but at least I've got the Takara versions on their way.
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941802)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 23rd, 2018 @ 10:50am CST
Rated X wrote:Cant wait for these. G2 megs is awesome (no intention of using the ugly chest sticker) Im only buying windblade for the targetmaster, skipping the clones cuz I got Hasbros. Cartoon accurate orange faces would have made me buy in, bad choice Takara.

If you're going to get Japanese versions, you should look into the Japanese cartoons as well:

G2 Megatron would be the only one I'm getting from this batch... maybe the Clones too.
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941805)
Posted by steals_your_goats on February 23rd, 2018 @ 10:59am CST
My windblade and megs should be here Monday. Really excited for them!
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941815)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 23rd, 2018 @ 11:21am CST
So Megatron's little wolf dragon is named Noble after all.
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941817)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 23rd, 2018 @ 11:22am CST
Sabrblade wrote:So Megatron's little wolf dragon is named Noble after all.

Watch it take on "Savage" for the dragon in the manga ;)
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941826)
Posted by DMSL on February 23rd, 2018 @ 11:45am CST
I wish Takara gave us a Megatron with a classic paintjob. This one does look really nice, but there is no place in my collection to put him. The Decepticlones look great, very happy about those, can't wait to get them.

:APPLAUSE:
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941837)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 23rd, 2018 @ 12:08pm CST
I cannot wait for G2 Megs! I will use that garish chest sticker because Awesomeness. He and Laser Prime will probably just go together on their own display shelf and looks great together
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941890)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 23rd, 2018 @ 2:45pm CST
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941894)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 23rd, 2018 @ 2:50pm CST
primalxconvoy wrote:How in the name of Zod did people in Japan get these so early? I'm sure the release date was the 24th of February, and I'm writing this post at 5:45am, on 24th of February, in Japan.

Time Zones ;) Japan's is UTC +9, compared to the US' UTC -5 to -8, that winds up to them being more than half a day ahead of us :lol:
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941896)
Posted by Burn on February 23rd, 2018 @ 2:51pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Except he just said he's in Japan himself ...
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941897)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 23rd, 2018 @ 2:53pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I'm IN Japan, right now. Japan doesn't get deliveries at the start of the day until at least around 8am. I'm SURE the delivery date was the 24th. I even live in the main Tokyo Bay area where all the depots, ports, etc are.
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941899)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 23rd, 2018 @ 2:56pm CST
Burn wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Except he just said he's in Japan himself ...

Cheers. Good morning, Burn. You're two hours' of potential caffine ahead of me, Sir.
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941902)
Posted by o.supreme on February 23rd, 2018 @ 2:57pm CST
I cant speak to how strict things are in Japan, but I used to work in a retail store in the United States. We could get deliveries of time sensitive items a few days before release date, but as a store employee I could purchase them as soon as they came in.
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941903)
Posted by Burn on February 23rd, 2018 @ 2:58pm CST
primalxconvoy wrote:
Burn wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Except he just said he's in Japan himself ...

Once again you assume incorrectly about me. >:oP

Maybe you got the date wrong? Because I got an e-mail from HLJ yesterday for the Clones.
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941907)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 23rd, 2018 @ 3:07pm CST
Burn wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
Burn wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Except he just said he's in Japan himself ...

Once again you assume incorrectly about me. >:oP

Woops. :oops:

The official release date seems to be more like a date when you're supposed to find them in B&M stores, whereas online stores seemingly ships them out earlier.
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941910)
Posted by Burn on February 23rd, 2018 @ 3:19pm CST
So I'm curious now, do Japans release dates often occur on a Friday/Saturday?
Because I could get behind that rigidity.
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941911)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 23rd, 2018 @ 3:19pm CST
Burn wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
Burn wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Except he just said he's in Japan himself ...

Once again you assume incorrectly about me. >:oP

If you're in Australia, it's 2 hours in front of us in Japan, is it not?

As for the date, Amazon Japan/Ami Ami stated that the figures would be delivered on the 24th. I heard from others using other services that this was the same for them, too. That's why I'm confused that so many people seem to have gotten them, presumably on Friday evening, on the 23rd, in Japan.

As for me, yes, most deliveries are on a Friday night or Saturday. Recently, though, most deliveries have been on a Saturday for me. I think Takara's release schedule is usually also around the 25th of each month, at that the average/most popular "payday" in Japan.

(Reverse posted to avoid clutter?)

Burn wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:As for the date, Amazon Japan/Ami Ami stated that the figures would be delivered on the 24th.

Well there's your answer right there. Online stores must be shipping them a day earlier so they are set to arrive the following day.
Must be a damn good postal service if they're arriving the same day! :lol:

In not sure if I follow. I live a 10-15 minute (depending on traffic) drive away from Tokyo Bay, where you can see all the main HQs/main shipping depots for Amazon, and other such places. I ordered online, too, so I don't know how people got them before me.
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941912)
Posted by Burn on February 23rd, 2018 @ 3:20pm CST

Must be a damn good postal service if they're arriving the same day! :lol:
Re: Packaging + In Hand Images of Takara Legends 61 Decepticon Clones, 62 Windblade and 63 G2 Megatron (1941917)
Posted by william-james88 on February 23rd, 2018 @ 3:28pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Burn wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
Burn wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Except he just said he's in Japan himself ...

Once again you assume incorrectly about me. >:oP

Woops. :oops:

Thats weird because as far as I have searched and asked, these toys are not sold at B&M retail
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #201 - Sweet Boy