Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop

Transformers News: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop

Saturday, January 5th, 2019 9:19AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 17,200

Thanks to the efforts of fellow Seibertron user, Sabrblade, we now have pictures of the box that Entertainment Earth's Transformers Select Series exclusive Red Swoop will be shipped in when he's available this March!

As you can tell from the images it's just an ordinary brown box... But a brown box with symbols relating to the Power of the Primes line! You can see all the Prime symbols present and Cybertronian writing, which according to Sabrblade, when translated says: "Transformers".

Red Swoop is a redeco of Deluxe Class Swoop as released in wave 1 of the Power of the Primes line. He is fully compatible with all combiner torsos released during the Prime Wars lines. Entertainment Earth is the exclusive distributor for him and Ricohet (who is out the following April and who is a redeco of Power of the Primes deluxe Jazz)

What do you think of this? A nice box to keep other parts in? Let us know what you think in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Credit(s): Sabrblade from Seibertron, Entertainment Earth
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2002684)
Posted by carytheone on January 5th, 2019 @ 9:32am CST
I wonder if the box insert will be grey foam or a plastic insert? Will the plastic insert be a premium clam shell or just like retail figures with the figure held in with plastic ties.

I guess we have to assume Ricochet will be the same.

The box is cool looking and definitely conveys that exclusive figure vibe, but will end up in my closet with all the other boxes, including the cool boxes of last year's exclusives. I really wanted to display them "spine" out to make the combined image, but I just don't have the room for boxes and figures.

I'm still torn on keeping my Rwoop preorder honestly :-?
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2002696)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 5th, 2019 @ 10:07am CST
Rwoop. :lol: I did the same thing with blue Swoop, calling him Bloop. :-D
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2002702)
Posted by carytheone on January 5th, 2019 @ 10:22am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:Rwoop. :lol: I did the same thing with blue Swoop, calling him Bloop. :-D
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2002708)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 5th, 2019 @ 10:32am CST
It's very reminiscent of the boxes the club exclusives came in. I hope that means it has the nice foam cusioning.
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2002734)
Posted by Riley Hoffman on January 5th, 2019 @ 12:17pm CST
I’m probably not going to get this guy because I already have the Power of the Primes Swoop. Going to get Ricohet though
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2002769)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 5th, 2019 @ 2:00pm CST
Entertainment Earth? Well, time to give that ol' GameStop a visit. >:oP
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2002798)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 5th, 2019 @ 3:32pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Entertainment Earth? Well, time to give that ol' GameStop a visit. >:oP

or tfsource or bbts for a couple extra bucks if you have a stack with one already ;)
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2002806)
Posted by carytheone on January 5th, 2019 @ 3:51pm CST
I have yet to see any TFs at any of our GameStops :-?
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2002808)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 5th, 2019 @ 3:55pm CST
carytheone wrote:
I have yet to see any TFs at any of our GameStops :-?

They have appeared in Canadian ones, but one can hope, right?
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2002812)
Posted by carytheone on January 5th, 2019 @ 3:57pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
carytheone wrote:
I have yet to see any TFs at any of our GameStops :-?

They have appeared in Canadian ones, but one can hope, right?
Hope springs eternal, but don't let anyone here that.
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2002816)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on January 5th, 2019 @ 4:04pm CST
carytheone wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
carytheone wrote:
I have yet to see any TFs at any of our GameStops :-?

They have appeared in Canadian ones, but one can hope, right?
Hope springs eternal, but don't let anyone here that.

I've seen the gold SS VW Bee at a Gamestop here in the US for like 70 bucks, and I know someone else here on the boards has also encountered the same thing, so I guess them getting exclusives isn't that far-fetched?
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2002819)
Posted by carytheone on January 5th, 2019 @ 4:12pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:
carytheone wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
carytheone wrote:
I have yet to see any TFs at any of our GameStops :-?

They have appeared in Canadian ones, but one can hope, right?
Hope springs eternal, but don't let anyone here that.

I was under the impression that they were going start carrying them, maybe just exclusives and maybe just in Canada. I know that they have slowly been getting more and more into the collectible market.

I just haven't seen any and was excited to hear if people where finding TFs at GS. You know, one more place to add to the hunt.
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2002824)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 5th, 2019 @ 4:26pm CST
carytheone wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
carytheone wrote:
I have yet to see any TFs at any of our GameStops :-?

They have appeared in Canadian ones, but one can hope, right?
Hope springs eternal, but don't let anyone here that.

I saw some wave 1 tlk stuff at a gamestop in our mall once; this was back when cogman was supposedly gonna end up there
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2002917)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on January 6th, 2019 @ 5:40am CST
I'm not wasting any money on these tiny Dinobots. The Dinobots should have been the Titan class instead of Predaking. Hasbro screwed up so I didn't buy any of them. I'll give my money to 3rd party instead.
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2003081)
Posted by frogbat on January 7th, 2019 @ 8:15am CST
In a way I was happy with the deluxe dinos - they were more affordable that way - I would've had sludge as a second voyager or even leader and he'd served as the body of vulcanicus

I like the red swoop as it makes the team feel more cohesive, though I'll keep my blue swipe cos of the cartoon. Loved the little saunter he took on Cybertron with spike...
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2003123)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 7th, 2019 @ 12:14pm CST
frogbat wrote:I would've had sludge as a second voyager or even leader and he'd served as the body of vulcanicus
I had been saying that since their release. Just because Grimlock is the leader, doesn't mean he has to be the torso! Sludge was bigger anyway! Besides, Grimlock makes a horrible torso.
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2003125)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 7th, 2019 @ 12:23pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:

Can you name any teams where the leader doesn't form the torso (or part of it at least)? All scramble City style teams have the leader as their torsos.
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2003126)
Posted by o.supreme on January 7th, 2019 @ 12:29pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Can you name any teams where the leader doesn't form the torso (or part of it at least)?

Scrapper / Devastator ;)

ZeroWolf wrote:All scramble City style teams have the leader as their torsos.

see...you put the "SC" qualifier after your initial statement... True, to my knowledge this has been a constant up until now, but basically non SC combiners show us that, while the symbolism of the leader being central (physically and figuratively)to the team is strong, it is not necessary.
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2003127)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 7th, 2019 @ 12:33pm CST

I mean I know the first two Devy and Raiden...but after that?
Re: Packaging Revealed For Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Red Swoop (2003128)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 7th, 2019 @ 12:37pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:How many non sc combines are there though? I think even the Micromasters combines had the leader be either the one who sat in the chest :-?

I mean I know the first two Devy and Raiden...but after that?
Lots. Plenty in this list who aren't Scramble City combiners, even if you exclude the listed two-member combiners.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #215 - New Year, New Toys
"New Year, New Toys"
Posted: Sunday, January 13th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Prime RID Robots in Disguise Deluxe Airachnid MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse 1 Step Changer Soundwave Action Figure. Age 6+. NEW" on EBAY
Buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers G2 Minibots Minibot Mini bot bots complete Bumble Bee" on EBAY
Buy "TransFormers DOTM Cyberverse Autobot POWERGLIDE action figure, Japanese version" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro G2 Transformers Autobots Dreadwing Figure 1993 Vintage Generation 2 Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Original G2 Cyberjets Air Raid MOSC Sealed" on EBAY