Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed

Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed

Monday, February 1st, 2010 4:16am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 28,566

Awhile back we reported that there would be a yellow repaint of ROTF Voyager Class Long Haul. Transformers insider s250 strikes again, as he's received more images from his friend yizhi. This time we get a face to the name, the yellow repaint will go by the name Payload. This picture also solidifies the new style of Transformers packaging we'll be receiving, as it's similar to Battle Ops Bumblebee and Seaspray. Another picture follows from the cross-sell of the packaging, we get a stock picture of Seaspray in action. Check out the pictures below.

Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed
Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): s250

Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042589)
Posted by Chaoslock on February 1st, 2010 @ 4:25am CST
I like the look of the new packaging. Reminds me of the Takara packagings - at least the BW Metals era-
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042601)
Posted by Exic on February 1st, 2010 @ 5:48am CST
Will there be new packaging for the Deluxe class too? Looks not bad though...
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042606)
Posted by --B-- on February 1st, 2010 @ 6:04am CST
I like that the bots are packaged in Robot mode, rather than vehicle mode. The picure of the vehicle mold on the front of the package rather than that CGI robot face that looks nothing like the toy is a big improvment.
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042610)
Posted by Tigertrack on February 1st, 2010 @ 6:19am CST

Interesting, but this mold is the one mold so far to be packaged in robot mode in its original, and repainted form, but to not be packaged in its alt mode at all. Dump truck too boring and unattractive to young kid buyers?
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042614)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on February 1st, 2010 @ 6:34am CST
Oh, I like the new packaging.
And, why Payload?
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042617)
Posted by Tigertrack on February 1st, 2010 @ 6:39am CST
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:Oh, I like the new packaging.
And, why Payload?

It's a name they have sitting around.
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042620)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on February 1st, 2010 @ 7:03am CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:This will be a last second decision to buy or not to buy when I see it in the store. Cool enough, but another movie toy.

Maybe he's just too tiny looking in alt mode. He's pretty crumpled up and short in it.
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042629)
Posted by Forgotten on February 1st, 2010 @ 7:39am CST
glad I got the green one, this yellow doesn't do it for me, and I loved the G2 Constructicons(which were close to the same shade). This guy would look great next to 07 Movie Mudflap for anybody that has that one though.
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042639)
Posted by Rated X on February 1st, 2010 @ 8:59am CST
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042643)
Posted by Valandar on February 1st, 2010 @ 9:23am CST
Rated X wrote:I just dont see a point of changing his name. Especally to that of a character that already exists.

Umm...

So people complain when repaints AREN'T new characters, and complain when they ARE?

I'd rather have repaints have new names instead of what went on with Prime and Bumblebee through TFTM and ROTF...
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042644)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on February 1st, 2010 @ 9:39am CST
Exic wrote:Will there be new packaging for the Deluxe class too? Looks not bad though...

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ore/17753/

Sure, you can see it for the Sideswipe figure on the picture attached to this recent story.

So, Payload? Interesting; I know there's a Yellow Dump Truck that forms part of Devastator too, but I thought that was just another Long Haul clone/drone, but yellow! (Same with this figure, although, they're probably copying the Demolishor/Scavenger rename :-B )

So it's in the 'maybe' list, I think! (Probably when it's on sale! :lol: )
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042654)
Posted by TFBuyer on February 1st, 2010 @ 10:50am CST
Valandar wrote:

Umm...

Are you new here? :P

On a side note,I'm so ready for the movie stuff to leave...
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042660)
Posted by nemesis-prime on February 1st, 2010 @ 11:08am CST
I see there is gonna be self problems at stores with tall boxes. They wont be able to double stack the voyagers under the deluxes.
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042671)
Posted by NassaDane on February 1st, 2010 @ 11:31am CST
That is so wierd, on my way home from school i was thinking where can i find pictures of that Yellow Longhaul from so long ago...and sure enough he is the first thing on the news. I realy am not a fan of the new packaging but what can you do. Still pretty neat figure but i wish i would have just gotten the green one when it was around.
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042686)
Posted by TFGnome on February 1st, 2010 @ 12:27pm CST
damn...all i can see is a bot with a hang-glider on his back
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042687)
Posted by Prime Riblet on February 1st, 2010 @ 12:33pm CST

I think you are on to something. I believe he is packaged in bot mode, since that is the mode that reflect that he is actually Voyager size the best. He is pretty small in his alt mode, and I think people would pass just because it would seem like they aren't getting their money's worth. In truck mode, he almost comes off as a Deluxe rather than Voyager class figure.
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042698)
Posted by Liftgate on February 1st, 2010 @ 12:58pm CST
Ah hell, why not name him Payload? After all a payload IS what a dump truck actually hauls! Long Haul is more of a semi truck term anyway. As for sharing the same name with another character, I'm sure everyone on here shares their name with someone else, so why not robots too?

Still wondering why exactly there were so many constructicon-type bots in the movie -- Was this done to save $$$ or as homage to the G1 cartoon which featured so many seeker-type clones?
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042704)
Posted by Megazarak on February 1st, 2010 @ 1:21pm CST
I thought that the repaint of Long Haul would also be in a 2-pack with an Autobot Deluxe figure, like his Constucticon brethren Demolishor/Scavenger and Mixmaster. I was kind of hoping that he would come with Sideswipe since I held off on getting him as of know. Anyways, I didn`t get Long Haul so I`ll probably get Payload, looks like a good mold and I like the colours.
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042706)
Posted by Wraith47 on February 1st, 2010 @ 1:28pm CST
I don't mind repaints, as long as they stay on the same team, like the seekers for instance.

wraith
Re: Payload - Yellow Long Haul Repaint and New Transformers Packaging Revealed (1042708)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 1st, 2010 @ 1:43pm CST
It's getting pretty clear from these pictures that there's probably not going to be a distinct Classics/Universe line this fall, but rather original, movie-style G1 homage figures and repaints. IMO, this smaller picture of Sea Spray make him look even more like a movie figure, with the clear, energon-styled sword/weapon, the "sharp-looking" fingers, and the hoof-style feet. Not my cup of tea. I'd much rather see this figure released in a true, Universe line. Hope I'm wrong though as he has the potential to be rather cool.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyager Class Megatron Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "????  NEW Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy “STARSCREAM” Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Soundwave Sealed MISB MOSC Voyager War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Decepticon Shockwave Sealed MISB Leader War for Cybertron Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sideswipe Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Red Alert Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Prowl Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Red Alert Figure" on EBAY