Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed

Transformers News: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed

Monday, December 7th, 2009 3:07PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 25,891

The once presumed Rumble and Frenzy figure from Hasbro has turned out to be a Third Party Custom. Under the moniker PE-01 Shadow Warrior, it can be anyone's guess as to who this custom is being made by. However, looking at an image from FansProject's box-art shows a character that has a resemblance to PE-01 Shadow Warrior. Check out the images below.

Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed
Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed

Does it look similar to?
Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed

However even though it is a picture from FansProject, doesn't mean it will be their custom. In the box-art image is also three God Swords, made by Third Party Perfect Effect. And as PE is an acronym for the company, it can assumed that Shadow Warrior is Perfect Effect's product. Thanks to tf-op over at HK-TF for sharing the images of PE-01.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): tf-op of HK-TF.com
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025764)
Posted by --B-- on December 7th, 2009 @ 3:22pm CST
Interesting, veeerrry interesting.

Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025766)
Posted by metaphorge on December 7th, 2009 @ 3:24pm CST
Nice. Assuming it fits in the old-school Soundwave's chest I'll take a few.

Now where's our updated Laserbeak/Buzzsaw?
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025767)
Posted by Mkall on December 7th, 2009 @ 3:27pm CST
metaphorge wrote:Nice. Assuming it fits in the old-school Soundwave's chest I'll take a few.

I doubt it. This dude looks scout-sized.

I'll get 4:
RIRFIB
SGRIBSGFIR
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025768)
Posted by Prime Evil on December 7th, 2009 @ 3:28pm CST
Well shut my mouth wide open. Not Hasbro like I thought. Looks pretty impressive. I'll take 2 please. One Red, one Blue. Kthnx.
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025771)
Posted by Chaoslock on December 7th, 2009 @ 3:32pm CST
--B-- wrote:Looks like it has potential, but for it's (my guess) small size it should be a set of 2, one in red and one in blue, with no names attached so the argument can continue!

Wheelie, is that you?

Depending on the price, and whether they paint it before they sell it (I hate unpainted figures) I may get a set.
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025773)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 7th, 2009 @ 3:40pm CST
Iiiinteresting indeed. Those accessories look amazing! I would like one in red, since I don't collect both characters. I really hope these are reasonably-priced.
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025776)
Posted by Editor on December 7th, 2009 @ 3:50pm CST
I definitely will be looking forward to seeing how this works out. Both in final product and color combinations.
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025779)
Posted by DoubleOScorpio on December 7th, 2009 @ 4:29pm CST
I like the looks of this so far. Now, the deciding factor will be the size. If it is in scale with the other classics characters, then I'm all over it.

Hopefully we get some sweet looking piledrivers for Rumble. And by Rumble, I mean the blue one. ;-)
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025781)
Posted by Soundwave__Superior on December 7th, 2009 @ 4:37pm CST
WANT! oh and RIBFIR! They should come with attachable piledrivers for Rumble.
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025785)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on December 7th, 2009 @ 5:06pm CST
Not bad, but ... I'd like to see an alt. mode before getting all excited.
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025802)
Posted by --B-- on December 7th, 2009 @ 6:56pm CST
Chaoslock wrote:

Wheelie, is that you?

B say
rhyme away!

Ugh, I can't believe I didn't notice that as I typed it.
Either way, I'd like to hope that if they included piledrivers they would be a neutral color that either could use, if it were to be a set of 2.

I'd be cool with a 4 pack of Rumble, Frenzy, Rewind and Eject, with a minor head mold that is.
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025808)
Posted by Valandar on December 7th, 2009 @ 8:08pm CST
My question is... does it transform? If so, into what?
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025810)
Posted by Trikeboy on December 7th, 2009 @ 8:32pm CST
Mkall wrote:

I doubt it. This dude looks scout-sized.

I'll get 4:
RIRFIB
SGRIBSGFIR

I guess the SG means shattered glass. SG Rumble and Frenzy are in Eject and Rewind colours including the orange faces. So SGRIBSGFIB (Rumble (R.I.P.) was black).

Back on topic, I wouldn't say no to a set of all four. Don't forget the red and blue version for Enemy as well.
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025859)
Posted by Oilspill on December 7th, 2009 @ 11:36pm CST
Very nice. I'd love if they were in scale with DL Ravage and ML Soundwave, but I'd probably get them even if they're not because they look damn good.

Looking forward to seeing an alt mode and paint apps.
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025884)
Posted by Oilspill on December 8th, 2009 @ 4:00am CST
Wait, I only just realised... he has three guns?!
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025893)
Posted by Forgotten on December 8th, 2009 @ 6:37am CST
Oilspill wrote:Wait, I only just realised... he has three guns?!

and if you look at the gun in his hand you'll notice the barrel looks about like a weapon peg for some of the larger figures and the top is a hollowed out cylinder. I believe that is going to be part of a piledriver. :APPLAUSE:
and it's Rumble in blue, Frenzy in red. Because FIR and RIB are words, RIR is not even though FIB is. :P just playin'
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025897)
Posted by DevastaTTor on December 8th, 2009 @ 7:09am CST
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025900)
Posted by Prime Evil on December 8th, 2009 @ 7:23am CST
DevastaTTor wrote:If this set is indeed to support the Shadow Commander armor, I would hope that he would transform into some kind of weapon for SC, like a gun. It would also be nice if it integrated into both modes of the set somehow.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. That he is an add-on to Shadow Commander (at first) then probably Blue for City Commander and Red for Powered Commander/D.I.A. What he transforms into is anybody's guess, but a gun/weapon isn't a bad idea. Those bots are already armed to the teeth, why not add a lil more firepower!!
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025911)
Posted by SJ21 on December 8th, 2009 @ 8:33am CST
Re: Perfect Effect's PE-01 Shadow Warrior Revealed (1025924)
Posted by Prime Evil on December 8th, 2009 @ 9:50am CST
SJ21 wrote:Someone please help me out. What does Rumble and Frenzy have to do with Shadow Commander? I don't read the comics, so I think I am out of the loop on this one. The only tie-in I know of is that they are Soundwave's minions.

Nothing really, but if you don't have any of the Commander armors, you wouldn't know that the Fans Project fiction doesn't take place in TF universe. It's considered "Parallax", just to show that this has no corrolation to the Transformers universe(probably to avoid infringement), even though you need the Prime mold for the armor sets. In the box for Shadow Commander, you see a lil "Rumble-esque" guy (the pic above that Blurrz posted) inside the box art. I'm just assuming here, but I think Perfect Effect is playing off of the "Parallax" theme and hoping to make a unique figure that has some homages to Rumble/Frenzy. But if they will be added to the Commander armors, I don't think they will be like their G1 counterparts (cassettes). Just assuming...

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #228 - Afterthoughts
"Afterthoughts"
Posted: Monday, August 12th, 2019

Buy "Magic Square Transformers  (Blaster, Huffer, Beachcomber & Seaspray) lot of 4" on EBAY
Buy "2018 “Transformers: Power of the Primes” Blackwing mint on sealed card Darkwing" on EBAY
Buy "2018 “Transformers: Power of the Primes” Alpha Trion mint on sealed card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex  Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Mighty Muggs SDCC  2009 Optimus Prime With Blaster New In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 power master dreadwind figure only." on EBAY