Peter David to write Transformers DOTM novelization!

Peter David to write Transformers DOTM novelization!

Friday, December 10th, 2010 1:57am CST

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 88,345

Peter David has updated his blog stating that he has been hired to write the novelization for Transformers Dark of the Moon.

I’ve been hired by Del Rey to produce the novelization for “Transformers 3,” which is listed on IMDB as “Transformers: Dark of the Moon.” I can’t provide any plot details about it since I’ve signed enough non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements to join the NSA, so don’t bother asking. But that’s what I’m working on at the moment.

Click here to read the original posting.

If you wish to learn more about Peter David, or PAD for short, just checkout his wikipedia article.

Credit(s): PAD

This article was last modified on Friday, December 10th, 2010 2:02am CST

Re: Peter David to write Transformers DOTM novelization! (1155916)
Posted by g2jazz on December 10th, 2010 @ 2:32am CST
Peter david? The Start trek writer?

that will mean that many star trek fans are gonna read transformers....
Re: Peter David to write Transformers DOTM novelization! (1155926)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 10th, 2010 @ 3:50am CST
What happened to Alan Dean Foster? I guess they weren't happy with his RoTF book.
Re: Peter David to write Transformers DOTM novelization! (1156025)
Posted by Seibertron on December 10th, 2010 @ 12:01pm CST
Re: Peter David to write Transformers DOTM novelization! (1156044)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 10th, 2010 @ 12:36pm CST
Seibertron wrote:Now here's an incredible comic book writer that I'd personally love to see write a few Transformers comic books.

IDW is far too cheap for that.
Re: Peter David to write Transformers DOTM novelization! (1156155)
Posted by T-Macksimus on December 10th, 2010 @ 6:26pm CST
I'm not familiar with any of Peter Davids other works as far as novels go and I am quite certain that he is a splendid writer otherwise Del-Rey would not have asked him to take on this task. HOWEVER, I am a creature of habit and VERY particular when it comes to reading books in a series. Once I have gotten used to a particular style set by a particular author, in my mind it is something that absolutely should not be screwed with until the series is completed. Only exception being if the author dies before completion as was/is the case with Robert Jordan and his "Wheel of Time" series. I haven't heard anything about Foster having passed on recently so this is going to be a case where I will be extremely hyper-critical of the TF:DOTM novelization. Anything else Transformer related I can be easy-going about but when it comes to books, I'm stubborn and ruthless.
Re: Peter David to write Transformers DOTM novelization! (1156177)
Posted by Galvatron X on December 10th, 2010 @ 7:41pm CST

Yeah, Peter David is a great writer. His X-Factor work is top-notch.

Isn't it a bit of a waste to have such a good writer do this? I mean, the story is already written, right? If so, all he'll do is translate that onto the pages.
Re: Peter David to write Transformers DOTM novelization! (1156227)
Posted by Windsweeper on December 11th, 2010 @ 3:52am CST
I used to love his Spiderman 2099. Wasn't he also involved with Babylon 5, my alltime favourite Sci Fi series?

I believe he also wrote the novellisation of Batman Forever, and brought it down to earth. made it more palatable.

Now if only he was actually writing the Transformers films rather than adapting.
Re: Peter David to write Transformers DOTM novelization! (1156255)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on December 11th, 2010 @ 6:54am CST
I love Peter David so i am looking forward to his take on the TRANSFORMERS ,to bad it's a movie novel. :-B :KREMZEEK:
Re: Peter David to write Transformers DOTM novelization! (1156702)
Posted by TulioDude on December 12th, 2010 @ 5:30pm CST
Dont forget Peter David`s work in the Incredible Hulk and Spider-Man comics.
Re: Peter David to write Transformers DOTM novelization! (1157005)
Posted by Cyberstrike on December 13th, 2010 @ 12:34pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:

IDW is far too cheap for that.

Every once and a great while he has a "Ask PAD" thread and on one of those threads a few years ago I asked him would he ever write a Transformers comic and his answer was no, he feels that he doesn't know enough about the Transformers lore to do the series any good.

It's also interesting to note that he was originally intended to write Marvel US The Transformers #16 but for some weird reason it didn't happen.

He has worked for IDW in the past on The Fallen Angel, Spike: Old Wounds, Angel Spotlight: Illyria, and Spike vs. Dracula. The last I heard he had signed an exclusive contract to Marvel and can only write comics for them.
Re: Peter David to write Transformers DOTM novelization! (1160357)
Posted by SEXFIGHTER on December 22nd, 2010 @ 7:13am CST
Simon Furman should be writing the movies, he's written for every continuity through the years, he knows what characters work, what won't, and he can write real dialogue, as opposed to 'gags' or 'innuendo'. He'd PROBABLY throw his mate Galvatron on at some point too :lol:
Re: Peter David to write Transformers DOTM novelization! (1160442)
Posted by Cyberstrike on December 22nd, 2010 @ 10:19am CST
Peter David has turned in novelization into publisher and he says it pretty good and said Hasbro was easy to work with, and that the characters were fun to work with.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Action Figure Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Ver. by.TakaraTomy" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic Transformers Bombshell Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG20 Skids" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS **KINGDOM WFC-K9 CYCLONUS NEW** VOYAGER CLASS GENERATIONS SIEGE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers combiner wars alpha bravo" on EBAY