Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed

Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed

Monday, March 13th, 2017 2:34pm CDT

Category: Event News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 31,668

As you may remember, Pete's Robot Convention will be taking place this June 23-24 in Cincinnati, and is a fan run event. Friday, it was teased that a bunch of rare and one-of-a-kind figure will be put on display for people to take a peek at. Well, we can give you a partial list of these special figures, courtesy of Pete's Robot Convention Facebook! Some of the included figures are the G2 Stunticons, the G2 Protectobots, all of the G2 gobots, a photo sample of a blue Waspinator, and much more! Check out the poster below, and let us know what you think of these rare figures making an appearance in the comments section below.

Transformers News: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed

Credit(s): Pete's Robot Convention

Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1866288)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on March 13th, 2017 @ 2:54pm CDT
"G2 Combat Hero Megatron
**on sealed card to be opened during the convention!!**"

"to be opened"

"to be opened"

"TO BE OPENED"

:shock:
Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1866293)
Posted by Lucky Logician on March 13th, 2017 @ 3:15pm CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:
"G2 Combat Hero Megatron
**on sealed card to be opened during the convention!!**"

"to be opened"

"to be opened"

"TO BE OPENED"

:shock:

That was my reaction too. Why is it going to be opened? Is it going to be a magic trick and it'll turn out that it was never opened in the first place? I'd someone buying it and planning to snort the 1990s-era air inside? Is it going to catch fire and the only way to save the toy will be to crack the package?

I'm all for opening my toys and playing with them, but even I know this is a no-no. Why in the heck would you open this up?
Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1866299)
Posted by Emerje on March 13th, 2017 @ 4:01pm CDT
Lucky Logician wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:
"G2 Combat Hero Megatron
**on sealed card to be opened during the convention!!**"

"to be opened"

"to be opened"

"TO BE OPENED"

:shock:

Ask Ryan, he opened one, too, and an Optimus Prime.

Emerje
Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1866313)
Posted by dragons on March 13th, 2017 @ 5:01pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
Lucky Logician wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:
"G2 Combat Hero Megatron
**on sealed card to be opened during the convention!!**"

"to be opened"

"to be opened"

"TO BE OPENED"

:shock:

Ask Ryan, he opened one, too, and an Optimus Prime.
Emerje

His toy do with as what he wants no rule against it
Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1866329)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on March 13th, 2017 @ 6:21pm CDT
A fine wine is no good if it just sits on the shelf. In the same way, a rare toy cannot be fully appreciated until it has been opened. Gotta be able to display it, transform it, etc.... otherwise, you might as well just have an investment bond.
Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1866339)
Posted by LeniLoud4Life on March 13th, 2017 @ 6:57pm CDT
Orange gummy Tarantulas hype! :DANCE:
Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1866372)
Posted by Dr Lockdown on March 13th, 2017 @ 9:46pm CDT
I guess I'm one of the few happy people about this being opened. If the guy was going to be opened anyway, I guess it's a good way to do it. I could never stand to leave a toy inside its box.
Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1866399)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 14th, 2017 @ 12:07am CDT
LE0KING wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:So, how many here are looking to go to this thing? I'm definitely considering it.

I'm on the fence, I only live two hours away, but I've never been to one of these. It's probably worth it, but I don't know.
Lemme put it this way.

You enter a world of wonder and amazement as you are surrounded entirely by people who all know and love Transformers, whether it's G1, the movies, or anything in between. There's always someone to talk to and geek out with about our favorite robots in disguise.

And then you come to the dealer room, a magical reality in which row upon row, wall upon wall are filled with Transformers toys, and other nerdy toys, from all walks of life. Vintage or reissued, Hasbro or Takara, vehicle or beast, Diaclone or Microman, GoBots or Power Rangers, it's all there! And it's all for sale! A rare opportunity that eBay could never hope to amount to. Of course, the prices will vary depending on rarity or availability of certain items, but the vast variety in and of itself is glorious.

Not to mention the guests and the panels. Ever wanna hear a personal recount of a voice actor's or a comic artist's career, filled with anecdotes and inside info on all they've contributed to both the Transformers brand and to other works they've done? It's all right there! And depending on the popularity of some of the guests, you can get an autograph from them or even hang out with them at their booth. I myself got to have an up close interview with Japanese Transformers writer/artist Hayato Sakamoto at BotCon 2016, asking him questions about his work on the Legends and Unite Warriors fiction, as well as just making good conversation about the Japanese G1 cartoon continuity as a whole (although, the whole correspondence went through an English-Japanese translator, so it wasn't only between just me and Sakamoto-san).

And though he wasn't a guest to the con, I finally got to meet Jim Sorenson in person at the last BotCon. I'd seen him before at previous BotCons but never really got the chance to have a one-on-one conversation with him before the 2016 convention.

And really, at the heart of it all, it is the people you get to meet and hang out with that really makes these events special. Ryan once described BotCon as being like a family reunion that only happens once a year, but with a family of nerds who cmpletely get you and your enthusiasm with this toy robot hobby. It's one thing to talk to people online in message boards and forums, but it's another experience entirely to meet and be with the people you talk to online in person. It's all the more real.

Now, with this Pete's Robot Convention being a new thing that likely won't be as big a deal as BotCon had been for last several years, and won't have any of the exclusive merchandise or fiction that BotCon had been known for for the majority of its run, at the heart of it all is still a group of fans who love and enjoy the same toy robots as we all do. I want to support this con and encourage everyone who loved going to BotCon on a regular basis to give this con a chance as well. I hope to see as many of this site's BotCon regulars at Pete's Robot Convention, to come and enjoy the most that we can get out of it. ;)^
Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1866405)
Posted by Burn on March 14th, 2017 @ 1:15am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
LE0KING wrote:

Lemme put it this way.

You get that here, but face to face? Sounds like hell.

At least I can log off here and get away from you lot. :-P
Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1866413)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 14th, 2017 @ 2:46am CDT
If I'd known about this a few months earlier, I may have been able to save enough to attend. Seeing the G2 Menasor and Defensor alone would make it worth it. As it is, I'm still holding out hope for a CW G2 Defensor at some point, since we got almost every other combiner in their G2 colors.
Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1866423)
Posted by Emerje on March 14th, 2017 @ 6:16am CDT
dragons wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Lucky Logician wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:
"G2 Combat Hero Megatron
**on sealed card to be opened during the convention!!**"

"to be opened"

"to be opened"

"TO BE OPENED"

:shock:

Ask Ryan, he opened one, too, and an Optimus Prime.
Emerje

His toy do with as what he wants no rule against it

You say that like I said there was something wrong with it. You are absolutely right, it's theirs to do what they want with. ;)^ It's like owning an antique car and leaving in the garage all the time. Where's the fun if you don't spin the wheels? I just hope Pete takes the same care in opening it that Ryan did so it can be returned to the package for display later.

Waitaminute, Pete didn't actually buy Ryan's opened one on eBay did he? :-?

Emerje
Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1866453)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 14th, 2017 @ 9:15am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:If I'd known about this a few months earlier, I may have been able to save enough to attend.
$60 bucks is too much?
Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1866457)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 14th, 2017 @ 9:40am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
$60 bucks is too much?

Might be more dealing with travel costs.
Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1866488)
Posted by Va'al on March 14th, 2017 @ 11:43am CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
$60 bucks is too much?

Might be more dealing with travel costs.

And for some people, yes, it can be.
Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1866489)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on March 14th, 2017 @ 11:45am CDT
Va'al wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
$60 bucks is too much?

Might be more dealing with travel costs.

And for some people, yes, it can be.

*raises hand* :WHISTLE:
Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1866576)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 14th, 2017 @ 8:17pm CDT
TF_JW wrote:Some of the rare items teased by last Friday's post. Even MORE will be on-hand!!

rare_ad.jpg

Those G2 rare combiners are loose or MISB? Did they actually reach the boxing process? How many are there know to exist? How are we sure they are like legit?

Aside from the Combat hero stuff, I wonder if Ryan also owns some of those G2 "eye numbing" figs?
Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1867197)
Posted by ScottyP on March 16th, 2017 @ 8:44pm CDT
^ I wouldn't worry a out the legitimacy. As far as quantity, I'd wager there are dozens of complete sets somewhere in existence. Maybe a dozen dozens of the limbs. I mean, there were two sets for sale last Botcon and Transformerland has been cycling through limbs, and all this was after the $26k Menasor thing a couple years back. Those G2 Combiners are very rare, but not on the level once believed and there are some folks sandbagging on quantities to keep the prices high.
Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1869827)
Posted by Kurona on March 27th, 2017 @ 5:00pm CDT
Thanks to the convention's own twitter, we have confirmation that the upcoming Pete's Robot Convention this summer will not only show the proposed toys for a Botcon 2017 - one that unfortunately will never happen - but will also give away what would have been the 5-piece set as a possible prize to anyone who pre-registers the convention, which you can do on their website - just make sure to do it by April 15th!

While the identities of the four other figures in the set are unknown - though four Sixshot silhouettes loom suspiciously in the background - the Twitter account has revealed the first figure to be Skyfall; the Action Master who achieved some infamy among the fandom through an IDW prose story! Made from the Titans Return Highbrow mold and using the Titan Master Apeface, he is a very faithful re-creation of his original toy's colour scheme.

In addition to this extremely illustrious prize, we are also told that there will be a panel featuring the creative team behind many Botcon exclusive toys over the years, not to mention a look at some of the many unused concepts during their time on the job. Take a look at the image posted to the convention's Twitter, be sure to visit their website, and tell us what you think of all this in the forums!

Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1869830)
Posted by Kurona on March 27th, 2017 @ 5:06pm CDT
Gonna go out on a limb and say the Sixshot silhouettes mean one of the exclusives is Greatshot :-?
Re: Pete's Robot Convention - Rare and One-of-a-Kind Figures to be Displayed (1869836)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on March 27th, 2017 @ 5:15pm CDT
Are the toys licensed in any way, or customs?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers robots in disguise generations Megatron, Scourge, Primus and More!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullsmasher Grax Skullcruncher g1 headmaster wfc" on EBAY
Buy "SUPER 7 REACTION TRANSFORMERS GOLD ARMOR BUMBLEBEE ACTION FIGURE NEW IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on EBAY
Buy "DECEPTICON BERSERKER PREMIER EDITION TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: 2017 Generations Power of the Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on EBAY