Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair

Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair

Saturday, February 16th, 2019 3:25pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: notsoalex   Views: 25,977

Toy Fair 2019 at New York City is taking place right now. Directly from the floor at New York Toy Fair 2019, news staff megatronus is sending us images of the Hasbro display showroom as we prepare the galleries for the site. Here is what you will find in the images below for the Studio Series display:

Deluxe:
Drift (Age of Extinction Helicopter)
Dropkick (Bumblebee Car)
Shatter (Bumblebee Car)
Constructicon Hightower (Revenge of the Fallen)
Constructicon Scrapmetal (Revenge of the Fallen)
Barricade (2007)
Clunker Bumblebee (2007)
Sideswipe (Dark of the Moon)
WWII Bumblebee (The Last Knight)
Cogman (The Last Knight)

Voyager:
KSI Boss (Age of Extinction)
Optimus Prime (Bumblebee)
Optimus Prime (2007)
Bonecrusher (2007)

Leader:
Optimus Prime (Dark of the Moon Jetwing)
Jetfire (Revenge of the Fallen)
Megatron (Dark of the Moon)

Check out the images below and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest Toy Fair New York 2019 coverage!

Transformers News: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair

Credit(s): megatronus

Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010898)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 16th, 2019 @ 3:28pm CST
Oh, now I see. For DOTF Leader Optimus, the trailer split in parts. One is the ring-O-guns, and the rest of the pieces make the Jetpack. Clever.
Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010918)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 16th, 2019 @ 4:09pm CST
Always a bit weird when I see toys I already have (SS32 Prime, Barricade, Jetfire, Sideswipe etc) being shown off at a Toyfair but yeah I neeeed that DotM Prime with that trailer. It's awesomeness. I dunno about Dropkick and Shatter. Might pass on those like I'll pass on SS38 Prime (and have sold Gold VW Bee and I'm tempted to sell the yellow too). Drift(kick) is still neat even though it looks like they haven't fitted his lower leg sections properly on that display model. KSI Boss looks more tempting. I like his colours. But yeah mostly want DotM Prime. :D
Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010926)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 16th, 2019 @ 4:25pm CST
Is SS-38 out yet? Some fans already have him, but I found only a pre-order on BBTS for April.
Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010941)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 16th, 2019 @ 5:19pm CST
I still hate Howtower, but I will admit that his face is sweet.
Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010950)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on February 16th, 2019 @ 6:37pm CST
That Leader Prime is definitely worth the money to me. It's the ultimate movie Prime. Comes with the trailer, wingpack, ring of weapons, and it still has the compatability with Jetfire. Glad I didn't pick up the new voyager until we saw how this Prime would turn out
Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010952)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on February 16th, 2019 @ 6:44pm CST
I think I might actually go for that Drift.
Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010956)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 16th, 2019 @ 7:11pm CST
That's interesting, Prime's windows (both the vehicle mode ones and the faux ones in robot mode) are painted in silver instead of transparent like the previous releases. I kinda dig it, I think I would've preferred a darker color but it's still pretty cool.

Can't wait to get this figure, I'm thinking about preordering him from Pulse :-?
Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010958)
Posted by Ig89ninja on February 16th, 2019 @ 7:25pm CST
Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010970)
Posted by notsoalex on February 16th, 2019 @ 8:44pm CST
NY Toy Fair 2019 had many awesome displays for their toylines, one obviously being Studio Series. Stock renders were revealed a day earlier, most likely on accident.

Our site owner, Seibertron, along with megatronus, were there to take some great images of the figures shown off at Hasbro's booth. As is tradition, a video was also taken, which you can view below. These pictures and the video give us a great look at these upcoming figures for 2019.

While not all the figures are new, we can see:
Deluxe:
Drift (Age of Extinction Helicopter)
Dropkick (Bumblebee Car)
Shatter (Bumblebee Car)
Constructicon Hightower (Revenge of the Fallen)
Constructicon Scrapmetal (Revenge of the Fallen)
Barricade (2007)
Clunker Bumblebee (2007)
Sideswipe (Dark of the Moon)
WWII Bumblebee (The Last Knight)
Cogman (The Last Knight)

Voyager:
KSI Boss (Age of Extinction)
Optimus Prime (Bumblebee)
Optimus Prime (2007)
Bonecrusher (2007)

Leader:
Optimus Prime (Dark of the Moon Jetwing)
Jetfire (Revenge of the Fallen)
Megatron (Dark of the Moon)

Click on any of the images below to view the gallery, or click here

You can view all of our galleries from the 2019 New York Toy Fair by clicking here and you can see all the videos from the 2019 New York Toy Fair by clicking here.

Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010973)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 16th, 2019 @ 8:57pm CST
notirishman wrote:While not all the figures are new

None of the figures are new. There was not one single new reveal in the whole presentation. >:oP

Anyway, on to happy news.......

I broke down and picked this guy up at Target today. I hate myself a little for paying full redcard price, but I was tired of walking past him every day. Really great figure, does a horrible design amazing justice. I highly recommend.
Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010974)
Posted by william-james88 on February 16th, 2019 @ 9:04pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:
notirishman wrote:While not all the figures are new

Anyway, on to happy news.......

Come on, give the guy a break, if not for Walmart jumping the gun and internet savy people unearthing stuff, a lot of stuff would have been new today. Plus, this is the first time we see those figures outside of renders (after 1 day of them having been leaked).

Anyways, your taste keeps surprising me, I would have thought that you'd hate that megatron for being a small leader and having the truck cab visibly hollow.
Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010978)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on February 16th, 2019 @ 9:30pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:The legs on drift are not good at all. That mold is just a total loss.

The legs here are mistransformed, that's why they look terrible, otherwise Drift makes this mold shine better than Dropkick
Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010983)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 16th, 2019 @ 9:42pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

My apologies, that was not meant to be directed at him, just my overall frustration with the show, and direction of the brand in general, bleeding out. Very little coming out that I'm interested in, and what there is, has ridiculous price tags.....

Now, comfortable in life, and with plenty of disposable income, price has become one of my number one determing factors in buying figures.
Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010992)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 16th, 2019 @ 10:12pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I am similarly underwhelmed so far. I mean sure, what we’ve seen is good, but it’s nothing we haven’t actually seen before yet. I’m hoping there is more in next couple days.

And I don’t know if the brand is bleeding out just yet. Siege seems to be doing well, and there are still two more parts to this trilogy. Sure everything is very GEEWUN right now, but there’s still room for other homages.
Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010996)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 16th, 2019 @ 10:41pm CST
Ig89ninja wrote:So we have 2 normal Constructicons (Long Haul and Scrapmetal), and 2 unique ones (Hightower and Rampage), I wonder what the ratio of normal and unique constructicons will be. We know Scavenger is a unique while Mixmaster is somewhere in between unique and normal

Define normal and unique.
Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011000)
Posted by Ig89ninja on February 16th, 2019 @ 11:04pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Define normal and unique.

Normal would be a transformer with a humanoid body shape in robot mode

Unique would be any of the more extravagant designs (like T-Rex Hightower and the big wheel Scavenger)
Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011004)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 16th, 2019 @ 11:38pm CST
Ig89ninja wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Define normal and unique.

Normal would be a transformer with a humanoid body shape in robot mode

Primus I cannot wait for leader class demolisher with his ridiculous wheels, and hopefully articulated arms :KREMZEEK:
Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011006)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 16th, 2019 @ 11:45pm CST
Ig89ninja wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Define normal and unique.

Normal would be a transformer with a humanoid body shape in robot mode

As all characters (aside from Scrapmetal) have been released in RotF as Legends Class:

Scavenger/Demolishor: unique
Mixmaster: normal
Overload: normal
Rampage: unique
Long Haul: normal
Scrapper: normal
Hightower: unique
Scrapmetal: normal
Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011007)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on February 16th, 2019 @ 11:47pm CST
I think I'll get Cogman and Drift and probably none of the other new reveals. I would get Devastator, but Siege has made that...financially unrealistic we'll say.
Re: Photos of new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011011)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 17th, 2019 @ 1:57am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:I dunno. When I was young and had no to very little money, I'd buy everything I liked, and a lot I didn't, and almost never worry about price.

I'm still very much the first one and probably always will be. Ah well it's not too bad. Luckily the only recent TF line I enjoy is Studio Series and although that alone can be quite expensive for me I do alright (mostly having had sold off the majority of my past figures, both TF and not) :) :michaelbay:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WFC E24 SKYLYNX E11 OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire & Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Triggerhappy & Blowpipe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Timelines Collectors Club TFCC Runabout and Runamuck" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Windblade complete G1 LG-12 Takara Generations US SELLER" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Cliffjumer MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition RID Starscream Deluxe Class Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-37 LG37 JAGUAR RAVAGE Legends Titans return" on EBAY