Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man

Transformers News: Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man

Thursday, October 19th, 2017 12:16AM CDT

Category: Reviews
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 15,071

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Seibertronian bacem has a fun pictorial review for us. He got his hands on what is said to be an unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man figure. Specifically, the one that turns into a cybertronian motorcycle. Below is the review with some excellent images for us all to enjoy.

bacem wrote:Heya guys!
I got a crossover iron man, particularly the bike mold. According to TFwiki, this mold was cancelled and never saw release, although the fact that I own this means that is inaccurate. I got this in loose, used condition, so i don't have any packaging and instruction sheet. Anyway, let's start the review!

Vehicle mode:

Transformers News: Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man

Transformers News: Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man

his vehicle mode is a cybertronian tricycle, with a style that resembles tron bike. Red is a dominating color here, with a lot of curvature on the body, giving him a sleek feel to it.

Transformers News: Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man

Transformers News: Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man

Transformers News: Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man

while it seems to lack paints at first glance, further inspection shows that it has some paint details that helps break the sea of red, like the white reactor on the front and silver details on the exhausts.

Transformation:
Transformation on this particular mold is quite simple and straightforward. In fact, by simply inspecting the pictures on this thread, you should be able to figure out how his transformation works.

Robot mode:


Transformers News: Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man

Transformers News: Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man

this robot mode is iron man, no doubt. We now see more yellow spread across his body, and really balance out the striking red. His proportion is pretty good, and i like how his exhaust now forms a jetpack on his back.

Transformers News: Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man

headsculpt is, well, it is an iron man head, that's for sure. This mold has no lightpiping, and relies on painted eyes. Unfortunately, my copy suffers from sloppy paint on his face. Oh well.

Transformers News: Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man

Transformers News: Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man

iron man has decent amount of articulations. This enable him to strike a fair amount of poses. Unfortunately my posing sense is on par with hasbro stock photographer at best, so this is all i can show you.

And that concludes my review. Do you feel you missed a good mold? Or do you think the existence of this mold makes no difference? Lemme know what you think, leave a comments. ;)
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man (1917477)
Posted by Burn on October 19th, 2017 @ 12:39am CDT
Looking at that head sculpt, it wouldn't be much of a step to turn him into Ultron.
Re: Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man (1917479)
Posted by bacem on October 19th, 2017 @ 12:45am CDT
huh, didn't expect my review to made it to news section. thanks guys!
Re: Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man (1917481)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on October 19th, 2017 @ 12:58am CDT
These are being sold on Ebay by one seller who seems to have quite a few. None of them are painted though. Ten have sold while one more is currently listed. They list another one after one sells instead of just having their entire stock of them listed. I bought one a few weeks ago and it should be in any day now. Let's just hope I can at least paint the faceplate better than the person who did the one you have. It shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish.

It would be great if some War Machine prototypes are found and sold too so we can combine them.
Re: Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man (1917482)
Posted by bacem on October 19th, 2017 @ 1:03am CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:These are being sold on Ebay by one seller who seems to have quite a few. None of them are painted though. Ten have sold while one more is currently listed. They list another one after one sells instead of just having their entire stock of them listed. I bought one a few weeks ago and it should be in any day now. Let's just hope I can at least paint the faceplate better than the person who did the one you have. It shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish.

It would be great if some War Machine prototypes are found and sold too so we can combine them.


neat! How much did you get him for?
And yes, agreed on that war machine. I like how he looks, and he seem to have interesting arm transformation.
Re: Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man (1917483)
Posted by Emerje on October 19th, 2017 @ 1:22am CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:Let's just hope I can at least paint the faceplate better than the person who did the one you have. It shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish.


Unless bacem knows otherwise I'm pretty sure that's factory paint. Only the yellow paint is messed up, the rest is clean and doesn't show any brush strokes (a person painting a face by hand that badly would leave brush strokes in the silver parts for sure). The markings on the faces of all of these figures tell me they're test molds that were intended to be destroyed later. The messy paint is probably from testing the paint templates and calibrating the machine.

Emerje
Re: Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man (1917484)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on October 19th, 2017 @ 1:26am CDT
bacem wrote:
Alpha Weltall wrote:These are being sold on Ebay by one seller who seems to have quite a few. None of them are painted though. Ten have sold while one more is currently listed. They list another one after one sells instead of just having their entire stock of them listed. I bought one a few weeks ago and it should be in any day now. Let's just hope I can at least paint the faceplate better than the person who did the one you have. It shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish.

It would be great if some War Machine prototypes are found and sold too so we can combine them.


neat! How much did you get him for?
And yes, agreed on that war machine. I like how he looks, and he seem to have interesting arm transformation.

It was $39.99 with $8.00 shipping. A little more than I'd like but I made a few sales on Ebay and had some spare money.
Re: Pictorial Review of Unproduced Transformers Crossovers Iron Man (1917485)
Posted by bacem on October 19th, 2017 @ 1:48am CDT
Emerje wrote:
Alpha Weltall wrote:Let's just hope I can at least paint the faceplate better than the person who did the one you have. It shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish.


Unless bacem knows otherwise I'm pretty sure that's factory paint. Only the yellow paint is messed up, the rest is clean and doesn't show any brush strokes (a person painting a face by hand that badly would leave brush strokes in the silver parts for sure). The markings on the faces of all of these figures tell me they're test molds that were intended to be destroyed later. The messy paint is probably from testing the paint templates and calibrating the machine.

Emerje


i also believe that it is a factory paint, as the face is the only one being sloppy, and the rest is very smooth and tidy. and that explanation actually make perfect sense, considering the condition and price i got it for (loose, used, 110,000 IDR, or equal to 8.5$ shipped) which means mine is most likely test molds that got smuggled or something along that lines.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Armada RID Cheetor Cheeta NEW MIB CliffJumper Minicon - Time Remaining: 1 day 11 hours 8 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Eject And Ramhorn - Time Remaining: 20 days 17 hours 8 minutes 44 seconds
72801 Transformers LG-33 Legends LG 33 Highbrow TAKARATOMY JP Ver MISB IN STOCK - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 8 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Generations GDO Deluxe Class Wheelie - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 14 minutes 10 seconds
Takara Tomy TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-4 OPTIMUS PRIME Figure New - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 17 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron FOC Voyager Class Soundblaster - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 36 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron FOC Voyager Class Autobot Blaster - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 36 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Decepticon Stunticon Offroad loose - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 37 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017