Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee

Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee

Wednesday, June 17th, 2015 3:35am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 22,373

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Following the review that fellow Seibertron.com user gema shared with us for SDCC Hasbro Transformers Combiner Hunters Chromia, we now also have a round-up of images from their blog featuring the stealth-esque Arcee! Check out a selection and some thoughts below on the new deco of the Generations fan favourite figure, minus the massive weapon that will come with the SDCC set, but more or less reflecting her current appearance in the IDW comics.

The approach for Arcee's paint scheme is different compared to Chromia. While the latter comes with metallic paint job (on certain parts) and flame/tribal tattoo, Arcee comes in normal black and pink paint scheme.

There's another thing that I'm not sure of. Based on promo pictures, the paint on the face is not like mine which is only one-sided. I'll try and get confirmation as soon as I can. Also, the finishing on the chest is not really clean as there are smudges if you look closely.

I get the idea of her paint scheme but to be honest, it doesn't really work with this mold.

I can easily get behind Chromia's paint scheme but Arcee is whole nother story. For now, I guess I must conclude the review for the set unless, like I said, I manage to get Windblade in the near future.


Transformers News: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee

Transformers News: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee

Transformers News: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee

Transformers News: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee

Transformers News: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee

Transformers News: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee

Transformers News: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee

Credit(s): Black Plastic Life


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699392)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 17th, 2015 @ 6:55am CDT
Well if they don't like it can I have it? I love the deco on that figure and it's the first time I've actually wanted that figure. I don't want Chromia and Windblade. Just this black Arcee.
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699436)
Posted by jay5 on June 17th, 2015 @ 9:23am CDT
And I mostly want Chromia so let's find someone who wants just Windblade and we can make this happen. :lol: :D
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699438)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 17th, 2015 @ 9:25am CDT
jay5 wrote:And I mostly want Chromia so let's find someone who wants just Windblade and we can make this happen. :lol: :D



Sounds good to me. :)
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699450)
Posted by Lockdownhunter on June 17th, 2015 @ 10:06am CDT
Arcee looks awesome.
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699460)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 17th, 2015 @ 10:30am CDT
Thanks to TFND's blacklai we get an extensive gallery of the SDCC 2015 exclusive Combiner Hunters three pack! Interesting thing to note from the gallery we now know the name of the three giant sword/weapons. Windblade's weapon is the Spectrospear, Chromia's is called the Primeon Blade, and Arcee's sword is known as the Combiner Slayer.
We've mirrored some of the images below for your viewing pleasures but there are a ton of new images that you can check out here. Remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates!


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699462)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 17th, 2015 @ 10:34am CDT
Have to say I like Windblade's colours I just don't like the figure itself. And damn them for putting all three instructions on the same sheet. Makes it harder to seperate them for us who don't want all three figures (yeah can slice it but then you mess up that nice pic on the back). Arcee's weapon looks much better on the artwork being a more sensible size.
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699470)
Posted by TGS1985 on June 17th, 2015 @ 11:04am CDT
Figures look great but man those weapons are just ridiculously huge. I mean even the artwork doesn't have them drawn that big.
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699474)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 17th, 2015 @ 11:10am CDT
TGS1985 wrote:Figures look great but man those weapons are just ridiculously huge. I mean even the artwork doesn't have them drawn that big.
The weapons are all from preexisting bigger figures.
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699488)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 17th, 2015 @ 11:49am CDT
Forget the toys, I'm far more interested in what's going on with those planets. Earth's got multiple moons (or Cybertron's moon bases have relocated there), Bruticus is hanging out on some lifeless ball of rock, UNICRON!
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699500)
Posted by .... on June 17th, 2015 @ 12:31pm CDT
I don't CARE about the reviews, I still want to get this set!
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699507)
Posted by Nisus on June 17th, 2015 @ 12:52pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Forget the toys, I'm far more interested in what's going on with those planets. Earth's got multiple moons (or Cybertron's moon bases have relocated there), Bruticus is hanging out on some lifeless ball of rock, UNICRON!


After seeing the mention of Bruticus it makes me curious. Who's going to be the new limb (assuming Big B is going to appear in-comic/in figure form). Seeing as that's the trend with the other combiners we've gotten.... and what happened to poor Swindle. (uummmm.... spoiler?)
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699518)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 17th, 2015 @ 1:16pm CDT
The over-sized weapons are cool, but can they be attached to the alt modes?
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699525)
Posted by BlueBefore on June 17th, 2015 @ 1:29pm CDT
Nisus wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:Forget the toys, I'm far more interested in what's going on with those planets. Earth's got multiple moons (or Cybertron's moon bases have relocated there), Bruticus is hanging out on some lifeless ball of rock, UNICRON!


After seeing the mention of Bruticus it makes me curious. Who's going to be the new limb (assuming Big B is going to appear in-comic/in figure form). Seeing as that's the trend with the other combiners we've gotten.... and what happened to poor Swindle. (uummmm.... spoiler?)

Bruticus is going to be a complete set. http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ore/32756/
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699531)
Posted by Nisus on June 17th, 2015 @ 2:05pm CDT
BlueBefore wrote:
Nisus wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:Forget the toys, I'm far more interested in what's going on with those planets. Earth's got multiple moons (or Cybertron's moon bases have relocated there), Bruticus is hanging out on some lifeless ball of rock, UNICRON!


After seeing the mention of Bruticus it makes me curious. Who's going to be the new limb (assuming Big B is going to appear in-comic/in figure form). Seeing as that's the trend with the other combiners we've gotten.... and what happened to poor Swindle. (uummmm.... spoiler?)

Bruticus is going to be a complete set. http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ore/32756/


Huh..... missed that article. Cool
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699534)
Posted by steals_your_goats on June 17th, 2015 @ 2:40pm CDT
I hope we get a high res scan of the poster/instructions soon, I really want to know what it says by all the planets.
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699541)
Posted by TGS1985 on June 17th, 2015 @ 3:06pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
TGS1985 wrote:Figures look great but man those weapons are just ridiculously huge. I mean even the artwork doesn't have them drawn that big.
The weapons are all from preexisting bigger figures.



I know and that's kind of my point.
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699546)
Posted by .... on June 17th, 2015 @ 3:11pm CDT
Lol I don't mind the huge weapons, it just adds to the anime sort on style. XD
Gotta have this set, GOTTA HAVE IT! Although, if I get Victorian, these massive weapons may fit very well with her... :-?
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699597)
Posted by jay5 on June 17th, 2015 @ 7:40pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:Lol I don't mind the huge weapons, it just adds to the anime sort on style. XD

Hahah, I was just about to say that - they look very Japanese, anime, and kind of cool on these three. ;)
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699636)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on June 17th, 2015 @ 9:58pm CDT
If I got these the weapons would be going to the combiners. Arcee's to Menasor, Chromia's to Superion, and Windblade's to Defensor.
Re: Pictorial Review - Transformer SDCC 2015 Combiner Hunters Arcee (1699644)
Posted by steals_your_goats on June 17th, 2015 @ 10:18pm CDT
I'm surprised no one else has pointed out the5 devastator shields on Chromias blade.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "2013 SDCC Hasbro Exclusive: TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE Jetfire" on EBAY
Buy "2007 SDCC Exclusive Transformers Alternators Ford GT Rodimus MISB" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE 2013 SDCC JOECON SNAKE EYES!! TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVER!!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON PIN BY TOM WHALEN MONDO 2019 SDCC COMIC CON EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers metroplex sdcc titan class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "POO SHAM; Transformers BotBots 2018, Toilet Troop" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots: Meet High Tide [Passport to Reading]" on EBAY