Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1

Transformers News: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1

Friday, January 6th, 2017 8:57AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 41,624

We just saw the first image of Krok and Quake and now we get to see what their heads look like. This is courtesy of TFND's Facebook page. Below each is an image of their G1 counterparts for you to see where some of the design is coming from.

Transformers G1 1990 Krok with Gatoraider Gallery

Transformers G1 1988 Quake Gallery
Credit(s): TFND
Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850792)
Posted by Kurona on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:08am CST
I'm not a big fan of using Skullsmasher for Krok, but I'll be damned if that's not a beautiful facesculpt. Perfect.

And, of course, it looks just like him.

Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850793)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:14am CST

Action Master Krok weren't no blockhead. :P
Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850794)
Posted by william-james88 on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:17am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Looking at that new noggin for Krok... yeah, this is one instance where I feel the Club did in better, to be frank.

Action Master Krok weren't no blockhead. :P

I think that toy is superior simply for the alt mode use. it gives h the right kibble in robot mode.

And can anyone confirm if those are the movie decepticon symbols we see on these guys?
Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850795)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:19am CST
Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850797)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:31am CST
Bumblebee21 wrote:darn i dont want to get quake but that face. idk if i will get him tho. im trying to cut down on characters i dont know or repaints bc i have some mps/3rd party to get

That was my exact thought too. I really don't want a repaint of Hardhead, but that head sculpt is fantastic!
Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850798)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:37am CST
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

I like Quake enough to pick him up. It's nice to see him get a new toy.

Krok is less inspired. It's good for people who want the character to be able to get him, but I snagged to the TFCC one and it was perfect. The mold was right. Good headsculpt, and he came with Gatoraider and Nightracer.
Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850799)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:41am CST
Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850800)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:42am CST
GuyIncognito wrote:I don't think Topspin is a "new" mold. I think it's a remold of the Highbrow mold.

you just started it
Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850801)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:43am CST
Bumblebee21 wrote:

you just started it

Started what?
Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850802)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:45am CST
GuyIncognito wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:

you just started it

Started what?

the remold wars
Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850803)
Posted by o.supreme on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:48am CST
leokearon wrote:Hasbro seem to be slipping back into CW habits again. While I don't mind turning people in Headmasters, I wish they would actually do the "masters" - Head/Target/Power first before throwing in misc characters.

Still no sign of: Hosehead, Crosshairs, Sureshot, Pointblank, Misfire, Slugslinger, Cyclonus, Joyride, Snapdragon, Slapdash, Dreadwind, Darkwing, Scorponok, Scoop, Quickmix, Spinster, Needlenose, Landfill, Doubledealer

That's about 19 toys that should be made before anyone else.

I was *kind of* stating the same sentiment earlier. However since these are not prominent icons like Optimus, Megatron, or BB, I don't think you would see multiple figures in multiple lines so close (or the same line), of course apparently there are exceptions (TM & Legends Brawn for example).

However I don't think at this time we will see Cyclonus as he was part of CW. Also Spinster & Needlenose were released through TFCC in 2016. Scorponok will no doubt be a Titan class figure in either 2018 or 2019, as for the rest...there are still 8-10 deluxes that could still come out of this line, and several more Titan Masters so who knows...
Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850804)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:49am CST
Bumblebee21 wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:

you just started it

Started what?

the remold wars

Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850805)
Posted by Cobotron on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:53am CST
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

Maybe the sculpt will be re-purposed for a Titan Master release? :???:
Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850806)
Posted by o.supreme on January 6th, 2017 @ 10:04am CST
DeathReviews wrote:My minions still cannot find any sign of Gnaw or Kickback...

Nope haven't seen any wave 3 Legends or Voyagers in store yet either. On a side note...I went to Target on Monday, they had the wave 3 TM's, and guess what?? -They scanned just fine (I just did a price scan since I already have them all), went to another Wal-Mart later that day, did a price scan, STILL not in their system :HEADHURTS:

Of course now its Friday, so if you are looking for TM's -Try Target first. If you get them at Wal-Mart, be sure to bring an older TM with you to the cashier because no matter what you are going to have a hassle getting them through the checkout, unless you did what I did when purchasing another Sawback for a friend. -I just took an older TM to self check out, scanned it instead, and left it as the check stand. The clerk checking receipts saw my one item, and the receipt, and didn't question anything else.
Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850813)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 6th, 2017 @ 10:25am CST
Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850815)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 6th, 2017 @ 10:27am CST
Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850818)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 6th, 2017 @ 10:40am CST
Topspin looks better than the Jumpstarters really have any right to. I may get that one. The new ones shown don't interest me.
Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850819)
Posted by bodrock on January 6th, 2017 @ 10:41am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:I absolutely love how chunky and beefy topspin looks. He's not even been officially revealed by he may just be my favorite looking deluxe from Titans return. Total home run. Looking at the Titan master I think it's safe to say that topspin is his own mold.

.....so much for self-control. Topspin looks too good not to get!
Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850820)
Posted by Kurona on January 6th, 2017 @ 10:42am CST
If Topspin's a retool of anyone, it's Triggerhappy. The vehicle mode placement in robot mode and the transformation scheme just look too dead-on - it's a major retool if it is one, though. But whether he is or not, he looks incredible.
Re: Pictures of the Heads of Titans Return Krok and Quake and Comparisons to G1 (1850825)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 6th, 2017 @ 10:59am CST
Krok looks completely ridiculous. Which is much better than Skullcruncher being just half ridiculous.

Quake looks like a solid generic body for the blue and purple Titan Masters I have. Not a perfect color match, but about as ideal as I can expect.

The new molds are, oddly, the less interesting part of the wave. Hmm...

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generations Cliffjumper New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "EXCLUSIVE Toys R US TRU Transformers G1 1st Ed Masterpiece OPTIMUS PRIME Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Blurr New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Vehicon New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise RID Decepticon Rumble W/ DVD New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Classics Voyager Class Brainstorm MISB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise RID Deluxe Class Autobot Ratchet Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Deluxe Class ARCEE Action Figure (2014)" on EBAY