Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More!

Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More!

Wednesday, April 18th, 2012 5:14am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 39,512

Courtesy of site sponsor Robotkingdom, we have placeholder images for the next wave of Arms Micron releases by Takara Tomy. We also get clarification in regards to the upcoming United Prime Mode releases, as Takara is ushering in Hasbro's Power Core Combiners to Japan.

In the images below we have

• AM-14 Vehicon
  • AM-15 Megatron
  • AM-16 Jet Vehicon
  • AM-17 Swerve
  • AM-18 Airachnid
  • AM-19 Gaia Unicron
  • EZ-15 Knockout with Drill
  • EZ-16 Ultra Magnus
  • United Prime Modes

for the images of the upcoming United versions of the Power Core Combiners, they have new unified decoes, please use the following links to Amazon Japan:

Combat Master Prime Mode

Jet Master Prime Mode

Roller Master Vs Chopper Master

Keep it at Seibertron.com for your latest Transformers news!

Credit(s): Robotkingdom.com

This article was last modified on Wednesday, April 18th, 2012 11:08am CDT

Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370308)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 18th, 2012 @ 5:25am CDT
Anyway he does look pretty cool, well from that tiny little pic we've got here.
Darkness Megatron looks like he has black upper arms and legs. His Mini-Con also looks a lot like the Deluxe version, is it the same or a larger version? :-?
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370312)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 18th, 2012 @ 5:39am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:That pic of Unicron kinda looks like he combines with Optimus? Or is that a size comparison?

Good eye. Wasn't expecting that. I suppose in Jetfire's absence he has to combine with someone. :roll:

I thought if Megatron had a nice silver paint I'd be all over it, but the Microns replacing the basic weaponry has really put me off. Not to mention the Micron worts.
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370313)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 18th, 2012 @ 5:45am CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:

I just realised, he seems to come with two microns, one that turns from a bot into his blade and the one from the Deluxe. He might also only come with the bat one and you'll need to get the deluxe version.
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370314)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 18th, 2012 @ 6:06am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:

Rather naff looking blade in my opinion. I'd assume that since Micron Lugnut has his own panel he'd be included, but not sure I'd put my money on anything these days.

Also, glad to see confirmation of the Prime Mode figures being PCCs. That's a great call from Jelze GoldRabbit the other day. The daftest names in the world and I'm pleased I won't be getting them. The United line has really taken a downwards turn from what it was when it began. Hell, Takara as a whole has in the past year.
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370315)
Posted by Blurrz on April 18th, 2012 @ 6:08am CDT
B.2. is the placeholder image for Micron. Not every figure is getting a repaint of B.2. as their AM.

But yeah, looks like Megs comes with a Bat Micron aswell as a Cannon Micron.
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370316)
Posted by starscream2222 on April 18th, 2012 @ 6:13am CDT
Wheres Swerve, all I see is a Breakdown looking figure to the left of Airachnid
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370317)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on April 18th, 2012 @ 6:25am CDT
starscream2222 wrote:Wheres Swerve, all I see is a Breakdown looking figure to the left of Airachnid

Swerve is a repaint of Breakdown
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370318)
Posted by starscream2222 on April 18th, 2012 @ 6:49am CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

Swerve is a repaint of Breakdown

I thought swerve was the wheeljack repaint, who am I thinking of? :???:
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370319)
Posted by ausbot on April 18th, 2012 @ 6:51am CDT
I was hoping that Japan would do something better with the PCC's
Bombshock - Bruticus/Onslaught
Crankcase - Menasor/Motormaster
Grimstone - Dinoking

ETC
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370322)
Posted by griftimus prime on April 18th, 2012 @ 7:04am CDT
i wonder if unicron will be a suit playset thing like that optimus maximus thing.
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370326)
Posted by WarzoneBeta on April 18th, 2012 @ 7:30am CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:

Maybe, just maybe this hints at Unicron deciding he does love his babies (humanity) and giving Optimus a midseason upgrade to help save humanity from something. :michaelbay:
Because Unicron/Prime team up would be epic on levels unheard of.

Also Unicron might be a triple changer, I defiantly see two modes that helpful arrow is pointing to.
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370327)
Posted by Volrathicus Baenimus on April 18th, 2012 @ 7:31am CDT
So...the jet vehicon is infact car vehicon with some slight rear-end remolding and wings? That is disappointing Takara.
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370332)
Posted by craggy on April 18th, 2012 @ 8:02am CDT
I'd have liked to see the PCCs get a few more repaints, and maybe a bit of mixing and matching with the drones to give us a more traditional Menasor, for example. Not sure I'd spend Takara money on straight re-releases, but these might be placeholder images too, so I hold out a tiny bit of hope.

Other than that, not too bothered by these, will wait for the Hasbro releases, and/or more images.
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370335)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on April 18th, 2012 @ 8:28am CDT
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370336)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on April 18th, 2012 @ 8:34am CDT
MightyMagnus78 wrote:It's difficult to see from the pictures, but is Megs just a repaint of the Hasbro voyager powerizer?

Yes, with a bat and cannon minicon.
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370341)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on April 18th, 2012 @ 8:46am CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:

Yes, with a bat and cannon minicon.

Cheers bud.
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370356)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on April 18th, 2012 @ 9:36am CDT
starscream2222 wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

Swerve is a repaint of Breakdown

I thought swerve was the wheeljack repaint, who am I thinking of? :???:

Your thinking of Dead End, repaint of Jackie and homage to BW Quickstrike;

Linky :D
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370361)
Posted by Anonymous on April 18th, 2012 @ 9:54am CDT
It's neat that every Japanese TFP figure comes with a Minicon. Though them being exclusive makes me sad. Though that's what the separate orders at BBTS is for, I guess. *shrug*

ausbot wrote:I was hoping that Japan would do something better with the PCC's
Bombshock - Bruticus/Onslaught
Crankcase - Menasor/Motormaster
Grimstone - Dinoking

ETC
Dinoking was a Decepticon(well, Destron) in G1 though. /nitpick
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370364)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on April 18th, 2012 @ 10:02am CDT
New deco's for the TT-PCC stuff is on Amazon Japan;

Linky.
Re: Placeholder Images of AM Unicron, Megatron, Swerve, Jet Vehicon and More! (1370365)
Posted by Slick_Prime on April 18th, 2012 @ 10:07am CDT
From the pics at BBTS, Unicron looks like a similar set to the Optimus Prime base. I just sits down for it's transformation and it looks like a half assed power armor for Optimus Prime. It all looks incredibly lazy

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 68 Deluxe Movie 3 Leadfoot Target Exclusive In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 60 Constructicon SCRAPPER Voyager Class MISB/New 2020" on EBAY
Buy "MISB Transformers SCF Tokyo Game Show Battle Damage Set Optimus/Convoy Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premiere Edition Deluxe Cogman 2017  ((NEW))" on EBAY
Buy "1:64 TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 5700 & BARRICADE JADA TOYS DIECAST" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers R.E.D. Series Figure Lot Optimus Prime Megatron Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie 2 Rotf Voyager Mixmaster Action Figure" on EBAY