Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive

Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive

Wednesday, June 15th, 2016 11:30am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 16,914

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We have something that has come a little bit out of left field for you Americans that are reading this. Remember how the Platinum edition Robots in Disguise Bumblebee and Grimlock set became available in Canada a few weeks back? Well, we finally have an American listing for them, in the form of Entertainment Earth. Entertainment Earth not only has the set in stock for $59.99, but it is also an Entertainment Earth Exclusive. The set includes a repainted Warrior Bumblebee and Voyager Adventures Grimlock. The listing can be found by clicking on the Entertainment Earth link above.

Transformers News: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Premium Grimlock and Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth

Credit(s): Entertainment Earth


This article was last modified on Wednesday, June 15th, 2016 11:58am CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1797980)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 15th, 2016 @ 11:44am CDT
Huh, that's not really an unreasonable price, too much for me though, and I don't want a Bumblingbee >:oP
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1797982)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 15th, 2016 @ 11:56am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:Huh, that's not really an unreasonable price, too much for me though, and I don't want a Bumblingbee >:oP

In all actuality for Americans, this is the same price as getting Takara's Grimlock and a Hasbro warrior Bee, so it is really a good price
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1797986)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 15th, 2016 @ 12:02pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Huh, that's not really an unreasonable price, too much for me though, and I don't want a Bumblingbee >:oP

In all actuality for Americans, this is the same price as getting Takara's Grimlock and a Hasbro warrior Bee, so it is really a good price

Like I said, not a bad price - I just don't want this bumblebland
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1797999)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 15th, 2016 @ 1:36pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Huh, that's not really an unreasonable price, too much for me though, and I don't want a Bumblingbee >:oP

In all actuality for Americans, this is the same price as getting Takara's Grimlock and a Hasbro warrior Bee, so it is really a good price

Like I said, not a bad price - I just don't want this bumblebland

And I was explanationarily agreeing with you :lol:
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1798031)
Posted by shajaki on June 15th, 2016 @ 3:40pm CDT
Y'know what's odd about this set? It's been available for a couple months now at Wal-Mart.ca and I still have yet to see any in-hand pics. And I myself have been wanting to buy it but it keeps getting put on the back burner.
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1798080)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 15th, 2016 @ 7:04pm CDT
Why did Hasbro color gray all of the parts on Grimlock that should be black?
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1798103)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 15th, 2016 @ 8:23pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Why did Hasbro color gray all of the parts on Grimlock that should be black?

Knowing them, probably because that shade of grey is cheaper than black paint >:oP
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1798106)
Posted by Autobot N on June 15th, 2016 @ 8:32pm CDT
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1798115)
Posted by william-james88 on June 15th, 2016 @ 9:19pm CDT

Thats different, that isnt the US local release of the figure, thats the asian release . Its the same toys and box of course, but its imported by BBTS from Hong Kong, hence why it costs 10$ more.
Exclusive just means that only one distributor is getting local stock directly. And thats what the case is here. Only EE is getting stuff directly from hasbro USA and thus doesnt have to import and pass the costs onto americans.

BBTS Is an importer, it will always have items that are "exclusive" but at an extra cost.
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1798120)
Posted by Autobot N on June 15th, 2016 @ 9:28pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Thats different, that isnt the US local release of the figure, thats the asian release . Its the same toys and box of course, but its imported by BBTS from Hong Kong, hence why it costs 10$ more.
Exclusive just means that only one distributor is getting local stock directly. And thats what the case is here. Only EE is getting stuff directly from hasbro USA and thus doesnt have to import and pass the costs onto americans.

BBTS Is an importer, it will always have items that are "exclusive" but at an extra cost.
While that does make sense, the price alone doesn't explain it, given that BBTS upped the price on the May Mayhem exclusives from the MSRP of $17.
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1798121)
Posted by william-james88 on June 15th, 2016 @ 9:33pm CDT
Autobot N wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Thats different, that isnt the US local release of the figure, thats the asian release . Its the same toys and box of course, but its imported by BBTS from Hong Kong, hence why it costs 10$ more.
Exclusive just means that only one distributor is getting local stock directly. And thats what the case is here. Only EE is getting stuff directly from hasbro USA and thus doesnt have to import and pass the costs onto americans.

BBTS Is an importer, it will always have items that are "exclusive" but at an extra cost.
While that does make sense, the price alone doesn't explain it, given that BBTS upped the price on the May Mayhem exclusives from the MSRP of $17.

It explains it greatly. You should know by now that BBTS does not just price according to their cost but according to the demand as well. Onslought was over 30$. And they new Groove was hot and that they would be one of the only ways to get him for now, so they charged higher. But here, they knew you could get these elesewhere for less so they dont charge more than this price, which is trying to be as competitive as possible, while still being 10$ more. And we saw that before. The Hasbro MP 10 reissue was in competition with the Takara reissue so they priced it very fair even if it was a Hong Kong import.

The price in both examples is about demand. And the demand is far higher for groove than for another platinum set of toys that could have been bought individually and easily available eslewhere.
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1798123)
Posted by Autobot N on June 15th, 2016 @ 9:42pm CDT
Yeah, I forgot about demand. I've had a very busy last two weeks and thus haven't been firing on all four cylinders.
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1798127)
Posted by william-james88 on June 15th, 2016 @ 9:53pm CDT
Autobot N wrote:Yeah, I forgot about demand. I've had a very busy last two weeks and thus haven't been firing on all four cylinders.

No worries, I hope you feel revitalized soon :)
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1798128)
Posted by Cobotron on June 15th, 2016 @ 9:58pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Why did Hasbro color gray all of the parts on Grimlock that should be black?

They wanted to make it more toy accurate instead of toon accurate. :-P
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1798129)
Posted by william-james88 on June 15th, 2016 @ 10:03pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Why did Hasbro color gray all of the parts on Grimlock that should be black?

They wanted to make it more toy accurate instead of toon accurate. :-P

:lol:

I feel they wanted to do something different and offer collectors another deco variation. These are apparently not planned by the Hasbro team we know (they are very distant from this line) so I figure its more from the Hasbro Asia side of things and since they are concsious of the collector mindset, they probably figured this would sell more than just rereleasing figures in decos people already have.
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1799541)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 22nd, 2016 @ 9:57am CDT
Site sponsor Robotkingdom has put a pre-order for a Hasbro Platinum Edition Unicron. The final design has not been revealed but it is expected to be similar to the 25th Anniversary Unicron which was an Amazon exclusive and featured a new head sculpt. It is set for a December 2016 release.

Image
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1799542)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 22nd, 2016 @ 10:01am CDT
Dammit, I kinda want that...
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1799546)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2016 @ 10:06am CDT
So, this'll make a total of four special commemorative uses (Universe 2008 Welcome to TF 2010, Amazon, and now Platinum Edition) of the Armada Unicron mold?
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1799548)
Posted by Randomhero on June 22nd, 2016 @ 10:08am CDT
I just sold my 25th anniversary Amazon exclusive! No regrets, it was awesome but it did just stand on a display collecting dust. I think it was $75 back in 2011 I pray it's not $150 for the people who want this .
Re: Platinum Edition Robots in Disguise Grimlock / Bumblebee In Stock at Entertainment Earth as Exclusive (1799556)
Posted by Kurona on June 22nd, 2016 @ 10:25am CDT
I suppose this does make sense. They have made Platinum sets this year for every other main character of the 1986 movie, why not one for the big antagonist?

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Targetmaster Windblade LG62 Takara Tomy Legends Collection" on EBAY
Buy "rare SEALED hasbro TRANSFORMERS rotf movie JETFIRE legends class SR-71 BLACKBIRD" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg10 Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg15 Night Bird Shadow" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars AIR RAID Generations BRAND NEW UNOPENED with COMIC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MechFansToys MF-0 Megatron Hot Soldiers Optimus Prime Lot G1 Legend" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RiD Ratchet Deluxe Class MOC 2011 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod 86 Voyager Class Action Figure - F0712" on EBAY