Sunday, February 15th, 2015 11:19am CST

Posted by: Va'al   Views: 37,734

HTS Soundwave
TRU Optimus
TRU Soundwave
BBTS Optimus
BBTS Soundwave

Transformers News: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail

Credit(s): ScottyP, BBTS, TRU, HTS

Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651668)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 15th, 2015 @ 11:25am CST

Sigh...
Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651695)
Posted by shajaki on February 15th, 2015 @ 12:27pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:For once there's some freaking French on the Platinum boxes, it's for some overpriced, ugly as hell things.

Sigh...
yeahh....
i like these and want to get them. and im confident ill see them locally (eventually). but if the in-store (USD) prices reported are going to be relative to us canadians, ill just go the route of other online retailers. after conversion and shipping, ive already found soundwave for less than 200 CAD.
Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651697)
Posted by Rated X on February 15th, 2015 @ 12:29pm CST
Year of the turd.
Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651699)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 15th, 2015 @ 12:32pm CST
Rated X wrote:Year of the turd.

Not true. It's not poo. It's actually delicious and awesome toys!
... Butterscotch flavored.
... Overpriced butterscotch.

Let's hope next year will be better.
Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651733)
Posted by megatronus on February 15th, 2015 @ 2:22pm CST
Am I really the only one who likes these?

People were crapping all over YOTH Prime until they realized he was the best thing ever.
Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651736)
Posted by shajaki on February 15th, 2015 @ 2:30pm CST
megatronus wrote:Am I really the only one who likes these?

i wish SW had a few more paint apps, otherwise i love them both!
Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651747)
Posted by megatronus on February 15th, 2015 @ 3:00pm CST
shajaki wrote:
megatronus wrote:Am I really the only one who likes these?

i wish SW had a few more paint apps, otherwise i love them both!

Phew! That's a relief. Glad I'm not the only one. ;)

But yes, any two of these additional paint apps would elevate YOTG Soundwave to epic proportions:
-Decepticon symbol on his chest
-Door outline
-Faceplate
-Two lines on either side of the door
Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651777)
Posted by Arctorro on February 15th, 2015 @ 4:24pm CST
megatronus wrote:
shajaki wrote:
megatronus wrote:Am I really the only one who likes these?

i wish SW had a few more paint apps, otherwise i love them both!

Phew! That's a relief. Glad I'm not the only one. ;)

-Decepticon symbol on his chest
-Door outline
-Faceplate
-Two lines on either side of the door
I've got SW sitting in an order waiting for XTB Apollyon to drop.

I agree that some additional paints aps would've helped, but some more of the clear plastic being "butterscotch" ( :lol: ) would've helped a lot.

BTW, I still think YOTH Prime looks terrible [-(
Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651779)
Posted by megatronus on February 15th, 2015 @ 4:28pm CST
Arctorro wrote:
megatronus wrote:
shajaki wrote:
megatronus wrote:Am I really the only one who likes these?

i wish SW had a few more paint apps, otherwise i love them both!

Phew! That's a relief. Glad I'm not the only one. ;)

-Decepticon symbol on his chest
-Door outline
-Faceplate
-Two lines on either side of the door
I've got SW sitting in an order waiting for XTB Apollyon to drop.

BTW, I still think YOTH Prime looks terrible [-(

Wha??? Do you own a YOTH Prime?
Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651785)
Posted by Arctorro on February 15th, 2015 @ 4:45pm CST
megatronus wrote:
Arctorro wrote:
megatronus wrote:
shajaki wrote:
megatronus wrote:Am I really the only one who likes these?

i wish SW had a few more paint apps, otherwise i love them both!

Phew! That's a relief. Glad I'm not the only one. ;)

-Decepticon symbol on his chest
-Door outline
-Faceplate
-Two lines on either side of the door
I've got SW sitting in an order waiting for XTB Apollyon to drop.

BTW, I still think YOTH Prime looks terrible [-(

Wha??? Do you own a YOTH Prime?
Hell no!!!

I really don't like the gold on him. MP-10 is one of my favs, but the gold just kills it for me. The clear plastic trailer was a miss for me as well.

Ohhh, the irony of not liking clear plastic in this thread when I've also paid for YotG SW :lol:
Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651805)
Posted by megatronus on February 15th, 2015 @ 5:16pm CST
Arctorro wrote:
megatronus wrote:Wha??? Do you own a YOTH Prime?
Hell no!!!

Well, that explains it! He's really stunning in person. I thought I'd hate the gold chrome too, but the color scheme as a whole is remarkably appealing. I don't care for the trailer so much, but Optimus himself is a really beauty!
Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651812)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 15th, 2015 @ 5:41pm CST
Va'al wrote:Among all the Toy Fair news, ScottyP was able to drop by the (extremely pricey) Toys R Us store in Time Square, New York, and take a picture of some of their products - including the Platinum edition Year of the Goat Optimus Prime! As expected, the set was listed at $208.99, so if it's a cheaper option you're looking for, check out the listings below from TRU online, HasbroToyShop and site sponsor BBTS, for both Optimus and his fellow goat Masterpiece Soundwave, courtesy of fellow Seibertronians shajaki and AzT:

HTS Soundwave
TRU Optimus
TRU Soundwave
BBTS Optimus
BBTS Soundwave

Does he have batteries for the light up gimmick or is this the "Scourge" version?
Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651836)
Posted by Cobotron on February 15th, 2015 @ 6:26pm CST
megatronus wrote:Am I really the only one who likes these?

I think they are awesome because they are weird and ugly. I'm leaning more towards Prime 'cause I love that mold. I just don't think I can justify those prices, If they are still hanging around on sale (like the YOTH starscreams at my local TRU) I will gladly add their strangeness to the pile.

Sometimes I regret choosing the Asia exclusive MP Prime over YOTH.
Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651850)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on February 15th, 2015 @ 6:53pm CST
how goddman stupid do u think we are hasbro.

who would play over 200 of these piles of crap............

i got my mp soundwave cheaper then that!

eff no, and shame on u from conning your customers hasbro....... :HEADHURTS:
Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651855)
Posted by megatronus on February 15th, 2015 @ 7:04pm CST
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:who would play over 200 of these piles of crap............

Farmers?
Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651899)
Posted by Arctorro on February 15th, 2015 @ 9:51pm CST
megatronus wrote:
Arctorro wrote:
megatronus wrote:Wha??? Do you own a YOTH Prime?
Hell no!!!

While I might find the gold more appealing in person, just can't justify the gamble unfortunately.

Cobotron wrote:I think they are awesome because they are weird and ugly.
You might've just helped me realise why I like this Soundwave so much :shock:

megatronus wrote:
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:who would play over 200 of these piles of crap............

Farmers?
:lol:
Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651903)
Posted by shajaki on February 15th, 2015 @ 10:11pm CST
megatronus wrote:
shajaki wrote:
megatronus wrote:Am I really the only one who likes these?

i wish SW had a few more paint apps, otherwise i love them both!
Phew! That's a relief. Glad I'm not the only one. ;)

-Decepticon symbol on his chest
-Door outline
-Faceplate
-Two lines on either side of the door
faceplate yes. but im ok with the window/cassette door BECAUSE the decepticon/YOTG symbol is pretty cool, and with a cassette inserted is actually visible. i dont mind missing one of his cronies either since rumble/frenzy and lazerbeak/buzzsaw are all the same.

Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651908)
Posted by megatronus on February 15th, 2015 @ 10:33pm CST
shajaki wrote:
megatronus wrote:
shajaki wrote:
megatronus wrote:Am I really the only one who likes these?

i wish SW had a few more paint apps, otherwise i love them both!
Phew! That's a relief. Glad I'm not the only one. ;)

-Decepticon symbol on his chest
-Door outline
-Faceplate
-Two lines on either side of the door

I did not realize the symbol/door-outline/lines-on-side-of-door were done up in silver.

Touche, Hasbro.

As soon as the BBTS stock was announced, I ordered 2 Soundwaves. That seems to be the cheapest domestic price, until TRU's inventory goes on sale (maybe). Considering I paid $160 for the first stock of Takara's MP Soundwave, paying the same amount for a more limited deco and 5 cassettes isn't as big a ripoff in my head as it should be.
Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651921)
Posted by Cobotron on February 15th, 2015 @ 11:24pm CST
I just watched Ben's review of Goat Prime.

When I squealed with excitement, a little bit of pee came out.
Re: Platinum Year of the Goat Optimus Prime And Masterpiece Soundwave At Store and Online Retail (1651923)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 15th, 2015 @ 11:27pm CST
Cobotron wrote:I just watched Ben's review of Goat Prime.

When I squealed with excitement, a little bit of pee came out.

Pssssssssssst!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Transforme ... 35e56241d5

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager Class Galvatron with Nucleon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Netflix Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hardhead - Headmasters Retro Generations Titans Deluxe Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Mirage - Netflix War For Cybertron Generations Titans Decepticon TK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy HOTLINK Netflix Walmart Exclusive NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG52 MISSFIRE & Targetmaster Aimless Titans Return Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Netflix HOTLINK Seeker Used Complete w/Box + Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 & 2015 RID McDonald's Happy Meal Grimlock Figures" on EBAY