Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works?

Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works?

Wednesday, May 20th, 2009 1:11pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 16,825

Seibertron.com member s250 has posted a image and gave us a titbit of information. He states that just recently the assembly lines of a Has/Tak factory has seen a run of Energon Shockblast figures. But in the original Energon colors so it's not a repaint.
Is this a 25th anniversary Energon Shockblast/Shockwave?

Re: probably 25th Anniversary Shockwave??

As the only confirmation we have is a photo we should tell you to take this with a grain of salt.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): s250

This article was last modified on Wednesday, May 20th, 2009 1:17pm CDT

Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (923809)
Posted by Soldier of Shockwave on May 20th, 2009 @ 1:23pm CDT
I hope with all my heart that this is true!

I missed out on the first run of this guy so even if he is not a repaint I would still buy him :grin:

It would be really excellent though if they gave him a more G1 color scheme or possibly a pack in mini-con or some such 8)

Either way if this comes to shelves IT SHALL BE MINE!
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (923811)
Posted by 8 bit on May 20th, 2009 @ 1:25pm CDT
So does this mean the 25th Anniv. line will continue into ROTF? I wonder if he'd come in the 08/09 Universe packaging or as an ROTF figure? I guess it all depends on his release date.
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (923816)
Posted by SJ21 on May 20th, 2009 @ 1:37pm CDT
If they put this out, I am going to buy it. I would like to see it look a little more G1 (different hand, more purple) but either way, I am on it.
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (923818)
Posted by UltraPrimal on May 20th, 2009 @ 1:41pm CDT
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (923822)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 20th, 2009 @ 1:46pm CDT
I wouldnt mind them reissuing this. I was never able to find the purple version. Id rather have a brand new mold but if this is true im defiantly going to pick one up. I thought every line was canceled or put on hold because of ROTF. So does this mean universe is still going to be around? I hope so because this is the only way we're going to see all those canceled animated figures.
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (923823)
Posted by Firebird on May 20th, 2009 @ 1:52pm CDT
UltraPrimal wrote:I agree. Either remold it with a proper gun arm instead of the kibble cannon, or give us a new mold. I'm not buying the same figure twice.

He needs 2 new arms, his right claw hand ain't so useful either :P

It's a nice figure, but I already have the original in my Classics display. And as much as I love Shockwave I probably won't be buying this new version. Or maybe I will and just lease it MISB
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (923824)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 20th, 2009 @ 1:53pm CDT
Interesting!
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (923826)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 20th, 2009 @ 1:57pm CDT
What a freaking slap in the face! I realize that Has/Tak doesn't have the original Shockwave mold but they can't even go to the effort of doing a new mold for a 25th Anniv. edition of the Decepticons #2 bad-ass?? While I have to admit that I have the Energon Shockwave and I do find him to be an amusing and rather well done tribute to the original, he's not so impressive that he can be any kind of anniversary figure. If this is in fact what is happening, and I know I went off without any confirmation and I admit it, but if this is being used for this purpose than it is just sheer laziness on the companys part. That thing isn't worthy of the Universe line as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, I should have just said "Pass" but I feel really strongly about the way the TF line is going lately and I don't think it's entirely fair to the fans. There are certain lines that we know are going to be centered more towards us and while we get a lot of lip service from the big corporations the final product is lately starting to look more like a giant middle finger in the face of the die hard supporters.
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (923843)
Posted by DevastaTTor on May 20th, 2009 @ 2:29pm CDT
Firebird wrote:

He needs 2 new arms, his right claw hand ain't so useful either :P

You all are reading my mind. The moment I saw this post, I thought, "why not give us a new Classics Shockwave and really do him justice?"

I only own 1 Energon figure and it's Shockblast-and I really don't want two.
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (923845)
Posted by Puck on May 20th, 2009 @ 2:31pm CDT
It was a weak mold. I'd be more excited by a larger, more detailed version of Animated Shockwave than this.
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (923849)
Posted by ponycorn on May 20th, 2009 @ 2:38pm CDT
Good to know, and I hope we find out more soon.

Engergon Shockblast and/or Sixshot are on my Botcon list to look for. If the mold is getting re-issued I'd rather wait and pick it up for $20 than $40-$60 or whatever the dealers will ask for it.

Agreed though, if it is Universe Shockwave that is a bit sad. ROTF and even 2007 movie got a ton of new toy molds, some hideous looking and poor Shockwave can't even get 1 new mold? :sad:
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (923854)
Posted by Mkall on May 20th, 2009 @ 2:47pm CDT
Already got one, give us a new better version please.
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (923879)
Posted by Blurrz on May 20th, 2009 @ 3:15pm CDT
Hasbro, the cows called. They want you to stop milking them so many bloody times.

Energon Shockblast is meh. I have a soft spot for the Armada and Energon, but 25th Anniversary...... should be something that is Old(er).
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (923912)
Posted by SentinelA on May 20th, 2009 @ 4:03pm CDT
Prime Evil wrote:I'd be happier if they actually gave us a new arm cannon. If it's just a re-issue, then it's a pass for me.

true dat. I'll pass on the Arm-falling-off Wave. :-(
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (923958)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 20th, 2009 @ 4:59pm CDT
Could it be a run for the Sonokong line of Energon figures? It'd explain a lot...
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (923982)
Posted by Terrorsaur_85 on May 20th, 2009 @ 5:32pm CDT
i' buy him. but i already got animated shockwave 0.0
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (924063)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 20th, 2009 @ 7:53pm CDT
The more I think about this, the more potential I have for getting angry.

IF they killed the 25th Anniversary line for ROTF (which seems to be the case) then I'm going to be angry with this new figure.

IF they plan on keeping it going with repaints and remolds of classic beloved characters in a new box with the silver anniversary logo on it, then I'm going to be angry.

Those are both big ifs (though most likely confirmed on the first one...) so I'll remain anger free for the moment.

Though, we should be up in arms if the second if comes true. That's not a 25th Anniversary. That's a slap in the face.
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (924117)
Posted by typh0id on May 20th, 2009 @ 10:54pm CDT
I just bought Energon Shockwave recently for likely more more money than I would pay for a rerelease at retail, so if he's coming out again that will annoy me...

Like anyone else, I'd VERY much like to see an ORIGINAL Universe Shockwave...And a Masterpiece Shockwave would get buried with me when I die...

What I don't understand is everyone saying if they rerelease Energon Shockwave they should give him a new arm...I mean, yeah his arm is rediculously huge but if you replaced it with something else then you just killed his alt modes...That wouldn't even remotely make sense for them to give him a new arm...
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (924142)
Posted by Cyberjet #7 on May 21st, 2009 @ 12:17am CDT
More of my money that Hasbro doesn't get.

Takara! Takara! Wait, I have some more to spend!
Re: Possible 25th anniversary Shockwave in the works? (924181)
Posted by Valandar on May 21st, 2009 @ 2:32am CDT
I actually don't have any version of that particular mold, so I'd probably get it, anyway.

As for the fears about Universe turning (back) into just repaints and re-releases, I kinda doubt it. Yes, there were numerous repaints in the Classics/Universe line, but also many new molds, including several positively outstanding ones. I'm laying odds on it coming back after RotF has run its course, with a combo of new molds and repaints/remolds.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Selects God Neptune Combiner Wars Coelagon Gulf Skalor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G15 Hunter Bulkhead Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS02 KRAKEN (Seawing) / Seacons / In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS06 LOBCLAW (Nautilator) / Seacons / In Han" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers | Retro Headmasters | Deluxe Class: Brainstorm + Arcana" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Of The Primes Vector Prime Master Metalhawk" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations CYBER BATTALION SIDESWIPE Complete Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers Skullcruncher G1 Complete w/ Instructions Stats Card Hasbro" on EBAY