Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal

Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal

Monday, April 20th, 2015 1:02pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 39,292

Editors note: After internal discussion, it's uncertain as to whether or not this is Prowl or Ratchet, and because of this we've amended this news article to address this change. The problem is the head crest, it makes it difficult to tell whether it's Prowl or Ratchet, seeing as this mold would be perfect for either figure.

Thanks to fellow fan, collector and Seibertronian, chuckdawg1999, we have our first look at what appears to be a new Combiner Wars Deluxe Class figure! Looks like it could be either Prowl (since he's an SUV in the IDW comics) or Ironhide's "brother" Ratchet! (Ironhide appears to be using the Offroad version of this mold, and as history has shown us time and again, Ironhide and Ratchet share the same mold with slight modifications.)

Chuck shared the images he found with us and wanted us to share them with you, the community, so here they are!

chuckdawg1999 wrote:The following images are from the back of First Aid's comic. As you can see the head design is very different and features Prowl's (or Ratchet's) horns.

Transformers News: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal

Transformers News: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal

Now, we must put this disclaimer in place: We cannot guarantee that this is, in fact, Combiner Wars Prowl or Ratchet, but it's not the first time that images such as these have indicated a future figure's release and as we know by now, Prowl is in computer systems as an upcoming figure release for sometime in the future. Chances are he will be released in the form the image suggests.

You might have already noticed, but if it hasn't become clear yet, the mold is a share with Offroad and First Aid, but featuring a new head with horns and likely a drastically changed paint job. (You can see Offroad's gallery by clicking here)

Credit(s): chuckdawg1999

This article was last modified on Monday, April 20th, 2015 5:35pm CDT

Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677125)
Posted by Moonshot on April 20th, 2015 @ 1:05pm CDT
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677128)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 20th, 2015 @ 1:08pm CDT
Moonshot wrote:Well since First Aid is one of my fav CW figures, I'm not that excited about Prowl sharing the mold since its not that Prowlish to me. I do need a good Prowl but I dont think this is it.

Interesting factoid I just learned: Prowl is an SUV in the IDW comics. This is as close to comic Prowl as we're going to get, it seems. I, like you, tend to forget that while the combiners themselves are going for G1 as much as possible in the toyline, the characters are IDW all the way. IDW and G1 technically aren't always the same universe, they just so happen to be interchangeable, which works for everyone.
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677130)
Posted by Cobotron on April 20th, 2015 @ 1:08pm CDT
Good eye Chuckdawg!

I was kinda hoping Prowl would be made from Rook. The way the wheels are in his chest is similar to the way Prowl is drawn in the comics currently. But this will be cool. Off Road is a fun mold.

I'm excited for the Autobot team! :BOT:
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677132)
Posted by LegendaryAntiHero on April 20th, 2015 @ 1:11pm CDT
Check out my Defensor review, guys. Also, please be sure to subscribe to my channel. That would be greatly appreciated
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677135)
Posted by peaces on April 20th, 2015 @ 1:16pm CDT
prowl as a car would've been too similar to all the other cars. glad we get another truck.
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677139)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 20th, 2015 @ 1:27pm CDT
So Prowl gets the Fist Aid version and Ironhide gets the Offroad version?
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677147)
Posted by Shuttershock on April 20th, 2015 @ 1:44pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:So Prowl gets the Fist Aid version and Ironhide gets the Offroad version?

To quote the tfwiki, "Behold! The might of redeco potential!"
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677149)
Posted by luks0r on April 20th, 2015 @ 1:48pm CDT

SUV. Horns. Re-mold of First Aid. The other one is Ironhide.

RATCHET, PEOPLE!!!!!

At least I hope so.
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677150)
Posted by jbellanca on April 20th, 2015 @ 1:48pm CDT
BUT - wouldn't it make more sense to release him with (or right after) the Constructicons and have him be an alternate head/upper torso to Devastator?
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677151)
Posted by Editor on April 20th, 2015 @ 1:51pm CDT
Just because the current looks from IDW are being used, releasing Prowl as a Devastator component would be outright confusing for many people who don't follow the comics.
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677156)
Posted by sol magnus on April 20th, 2015 @ 2:01pm CDT
Probably is, but the head doesn't look right. Looks more like Ratchet to me.
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677158)
Posted by ScottyP on April 20th, 2015 @ 2:12pm CDT
At first I tricked my eyes into thinking the door panel on the right arm was a saw blade attachment and I was like "Aww hell, ultimate twist, it's Pharma!" but then I blinked a bit, let reality settle in, and realized that was wrong and dumb.

Anyway, my money here would be on Prowl since that's been a rumored release for awhile, but given that Ironhide has also been rumored for some time Ratchet wouldn't be outside the realm of impossibility. Really though, they'll probably all get done in some form or another.
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677161)
Posted by Powered Convoy on April 20th, 2015 @ 2:16pm CDT
luks0r wrote:C'mob guys, I created an account just to contribute this which I'm surprised nobody else thought.

SUV. Horns. Re-mold of First Aid. The other one is Ironhide.

RATCHET, PEOPLE!!!!!

At least I hope so.

Yeah seems much more likely to be Ratchet to me.

Vehicle mode and the shape of the horns (no center crest) screams Ratchet to me instead of Prowl.

Randy
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677162)
Posted by Tsutsukakushi on April 20th, 2015 @ 2:19pm CDT
Powered Convoy wrote:

SUV. Horns. Re-mold of First Aid. The other one is Ironhide.

RATCHET, PEOPLE!!!!!

At least I hope so.

Yeah seems much more likely to be Ratchet to me.

Randy

Think it's going to be Prowl. The current IDW Transformers comics already have Prowl in this form.
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677163)
Posted by Moonshot on April 20th, 2015 @ 2:21pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:

I know Prowl is an SUV in IDW but this robot mode looks nothing like IDW Prowl. I'm all for IDW style figures and prefer them since I love the comics(Whirl looking at you). Alt mode will almost work for IDW Prowl, although I would like them to throw a spare tire on him. But its a definite no on robot mode. Guess I will wait some more.
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677164)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 20th, 2015 @ 2:21pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Just curious guys, there have been reports that some TRUs and Walmarts are selling the deluxe limbs at 19.99$US. Has anyone come across that? I know walmart in canada sells their deluxes for 19.99$ but its in canadian currency so not necessarily a price increase over last year if we convert.

I'm in north Indiana, and Walmart has them 14.99; TRU is 16.99

Nevermind. Was at TRU today, and they raised the CW deluxe price to 19.99
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677165)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 20th, 2015 @ 2:26pm CDT
Im still seeing Offroad. I'm withholding judgment.
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677166)
Posted by Deadput on April 20th, 2015 @ 2:28pm CDT
Moonshot wrote:

Do you expect 100% accuracy from Hasbro of all people?
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677167)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 20th, 2015 @ 2:30pm CDT
Doesn't look any tiny bit like prowl. Any. At all.
Re: Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal (1677171)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2015 @ 2:36pm CDT
It's Pikachu!

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Netflix Megatron With Skelivore War for Cybertron New Sealed In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield" on EBAY
Buy "Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep Set of 3 | Transformers Platinum Edition Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Transformers Collertors Club TFSS Series 5.0 Shattered Glass Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "G1 transformers Diamond Select bust Coronation Starscream 445/600 broken read" on EBAY
Buy "NEWinbox "Armada of Cyclonus" Hasbro Transformers 3pc Set Cyclonus+Sweep+Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTCON 2013 MACHINE WARS SUNSTORM #A" on EBAY