Monday, May 7th, 2018 3:33am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 39,788

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Munkky, we have additional confirmation of two potential Transformers Power of the Primes exclusives found on online retailer Amazon - one for the Canadian site, one for the US one: Repugnus, and Counterpunch respectively.

The figures have been discussed previously, as Seibertronian Emerje points out below, as they appeared on other retailers as listings, but the Amazon appearance may be giving more of a solid base to the idea of either May Mayhem or San Diego Comic Con (or even New York Comic Con) bringing two new molds to the fray. We have no images or specific descriptions yet either, so stay tuned to find out more!

Emerje wrote:Yeah, we've debated just what these figures will actually be earlier this year when they were listed on other stores. They're expected to be part of May Mayhem, but Hasbro is being ridiculously silent on that. I'm still hoping Repugnus is a Titan Return mold to go with the other two Monsterbots, but not everyone is convinced.

Credit(s): Amazon

Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1957999)
Posted by Prime Target on May 7th, 2018 @ 3:48am CDT
Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958012)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 7th, 2018 @ 5:37am CDT
Prime Target wrote:Y.E.S it's about time these two got new full figure toys! Counterpunch especially Repugnus is Cool but Counterpunch is where it's at man! He better be a new Punch/Counterpunch with two new robot modes with a relatively simple conversion from one to the other

I've got a feeling you may be disappointed with counterpunch
Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958014)
Posted by Rated X on May 7th, 2018 @ 6:53am CDT
Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958030)
Posted by YoungPrime on May 7th, 2018 @ 8:32am CDT
Rated X wrote:All you need is that TFCC Punch/Counterpunch. That sunstreaker mold pulls it off so well who needs a new figure? Gimmie a repugnus please. And as much as I hate the idea, make him a stinking headmaster to make the trio on the same page.

No, that's all you needed. I've never been all that psyched with that Sunstreaker mold. Sunstreaker, Sideswipe and Redlert could all use a decent new mold IMO. So I'm not about to pay some ridiculous price for a TFCC version or Counterpunch on eBAY. So here's to hopes that this new Counterpunch looks better and cheaper if the rumor is even true.

That Repugnus character has always been Meh to me. So if I do buy a new one it'll only be based off impulse.
Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958033)
Posted by Lore Keeper on May 7th, 2018 @ 8:52am CDT
I have a suspicion that Counterpunch may be another case of Timelines/Classics Thundercracker. He'll just be TFCC CW Counterpunch with a slightly adjusted deco and maybe new accessory to tie into the PotP line. Of course, I hope I'm wrong and we get something new.
Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958034)
Posted by o.supreme on May 7th, 2018 @ 9:08am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:They should have included him in a comic or something at the very least.
He's been in the Marvel G1 comics, the BotCon Classics comics, Regeneration One, parts of IDW G1, and a few minor things.

In fact, he was the longest-running host of the Marvel UK letters pages, from issues 184 to 299, a whopping 116 issues, with Grimlock being second only to him, having hosted the letters pages from 75 to 182 (108 issues). During his tenure of "Dread Tidings", Dreadwind would refer to humans as "humes", made the first indirect reference in the West to Super-God Masterforce airing in Malaysia, and even starred in his own Christmas text story that was a parody of A Christmas Carol.
they were fun to watch on masterforce
That was Buster, not Dreadwind.

Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958035)
Posted by NTESHFT on May 7th, 2018 @ 9:39am CDT

I'm also hoping for the best with Punch/Counterpunch. Heres to having my fingers double-crossed......
Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958037)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 7th, 2018 @ 9:45am CDT
o.supreme wrote:True, but wasn't he referred to as Dreadwind in the Omni Productions English dub?
You mean the dub that no sane person should take at face value? Which also called every human character by the robot names of their Hasbro toy counterparts (e.g. - Ginrai was a human named "Optimus Prime", so Buster was a human named "Dreadwind")? ;)
Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958039)
Posted by Cobotron on May 7th, 2018 @ 9:54am CDT
NTESHFT wrote:I hope Emerge is right and Repugnus is from a Titans Return mold. Would go great with the other 2 for sure.

Ah ha! I see what you did there. ;)
I'm sure Counterpunch will double cross more than your fingers.

I'm hoping Repugnus is a TR mold too. I'd think they would retool the same base mold used for Twinferno and Grotusque. I'd be fine with that.
The only other logicall option I could see is a retool of Ripper Snapper. That would be ok, but I'd prefer the TR option.
Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958040)
Posted by Lore Keeper on May 7th, 2018 @ 10:04am CDT
Cobotron wrote:

Ah ha! I see what you did there. ;)
I'm sure Counterpunch will double cross more than your fingers.

I share your preference, but it seems unlikely that he'll be anything but a combiner limb. Hasbro has been very strict about not breaking from play patterns in the Prime Wars Trilogy. The fact that Blastoff is apparently coming with a HFG instead of Prime Armor is already a huge deviation from the norm.
Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958041)
Posted by o.supreme on May 7th, 2018 @ 10:05am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Hey I never said it was good, just referencing it. I mean I don't know what harm it could do? Getting back on topic though, I think it's cool that every PotP Leader Class Figure comes with it's own Power Pack. ;)

Also I need to check the subs on the S!F Masterforce DVD. Not sure if they refer to him as Buster or Dreadwind.
Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958045)
Posted by Lore Keeper on May 7th, 2018 @ 10:47am CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

The S!F dub uses Japanese names for Ginrai, Buster and Hydra, Sixknight, and Autobot Headmaster Jrs, but the English names for every other character that has a US equivalent.
Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958047)
Posted by Relic0037 on May 7th, 2018 @ 10:58am CDT
Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958049)
Posted by leokearon on May 7th, 2018 @ 10:59am CDT
I hope Repungus is easier to get than Grotesque (who am I kidding)
Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958050)
Posted by o.supreme on May 7th, 2018 @ 11:01am CDT
Relic0037 wrote:Great, another case of having a ten minute window at a random time to hopefully be able to purchase a highly sought after figure or pay an inflated price on eBay from a scalper! Hopefully, they will be available through Hasbro Toy Shop so we will at least know which day we can make a mad scramble to purchase them.

I'm confused, because the situation you describe in the beginning pretty much IS what happens at HTS.
Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958051)
Posted by o.supreme on May 7th, 2018 @ 11:09am CDT
leokearon wrote:I hope Repungus is easier to get than Grotesque (who am I kidding)

Grotusque was available on TRU.com until the day the site went down
Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958052)
Posted by leokearon on May 7th, 2018 @ 11:13am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

Grotusque was available on TRU.com until the day the site went down

Which means beans to a TF fan living in Ireland.
Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958054)
Posted by Jeffrohurt on May 7th, 2018 @ 11:38am CDT
Us Canadians didn't have access to either Grotusque or Arcee on our site at all. Either hts or an importer was the way. EBay is ridiculous priced.
Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958055)
Posted by Evil Eye on May 7th, 2018 @ 11:45am CDT
Repugnus and Punch/Counterpunch? Awesome! I still need to get the other two Monsterbots at some point, glad to see the trio is being rounded out. I hope he's a Headmaster though.
Re: Possible Confirmation of Transformers Power of the Primes Exclusives Repugnus and Counterpunch (1958058)
Posted by o.supreme on May 7th, 2018 @ 11:59am CDT
initially I was torn about what I wanted Repugnus to be, but I'm going to change my attitude to win/win.

If Repugnus is a TR based Deluxe, he will have symmetry with the other two Monsterbots= Win
If Repugnus is a CW/PotP limb, then I'll have an added limb for some combiners that are very much needed= Win

As for Counterpunch. If he's basically the same as the TFSS deco, I already have it, and there's no reason for me to get it. But if its a completely new design, (maybe a repaint of another deluxe Automobile based limb), I may Get it. I have no plans to get Shuttle Blast Off since I already have the UW one, but I wonder why a listing for him has been on Amazon for months, but these two just popped up...??

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Red Alert Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Prowl" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Optimus Prime - Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures (E7112)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Voyager Class Siege: War For Cybertron Starscream Action Figure MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Ratchet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Sideswipe Generations War For Cybertron complete G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Battle Call Figure Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures" on EBAY
Buy "Set of 2 Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Ironhide Chromia Deluxe Class MISB" on EBAY