Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure

Transformers News: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure

Monday, November 11th, 2019 7:19PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,871

We recently posted news about upcoming figures, one of them being a voyager Quintesson. A fan who claims to already have this figure chimed in to give a better description of the toy, due to all the wild speculation that was going on in the fanbase. Below is what they wrote in terms of description. The source has previously asked not to be named. Below is what they wrote in terms of description.

I don't know if the design and aesthetic is fit to the Earthrise line.
I don't know , look more like Cyberverse to me.
Articulation only have 4 tentacle move as balljoint at base.
the gimmick is push on top and the head will rotate.
I like it but to you all I don't know , maybe you expect more. But to have such quintesson figure is cool to be honest
it has that pushing down then the head rotate between each face gimmick.
the color is black and each face has that kind of desaturated color , very egyptian like.

Now it could be that this is another Quintesson figure for a different line, we really don't know. All we know is we have further info on an upcoming Quintesson figure, which sounds to be rather simplistic in design.

UPDATE: An anonymous source has stated that they do have an attack/cannon mode that requires some sort of reconfiguration. So there is a transformation aspect to it, but it's possible that the initial source either didn't know of that possibility or didn't think it was worth mentioning (or would count as transforming). We'll see.

Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044371)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 11th, 2019 @ 7:21pm CST
I'm intrigued by the Quintesson listings.

I'm hoping they end up being a 5 face changing Quintesson with a stand and some effects parts, and the Quintessa is a toy of TLK Quintessa. That would be an awesome addition to generations and a nice surprise.
Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044372)
Posted by william-james88 on November 11th, 2019 @ 7:21pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Also, regarding the quint toy, I am working on a story. But basically:

- non transforming
- not a base
- rotating faces and articulated tentacles

Which one is this info for, the Voyager Quintesson or the Deluxe Quintessa? Whichever one it is, I'm no longer interested in.

Its just a description of a toy, we dont know more, could be another figure altogether.

Also, what did you expect though? Why wouldnt a Quintesson figure simply be what we saw in the film?
Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044378)
Posted by ScottyP on November 11th, 2019 @ 7:32pm CST
Between Quintessons, a planet map, Hasbro's comments at one of the toy shows last month that Earthrise takes place in space and this being the "story" after Siege which was allegedly when they left Cybertron (I use "story" very very loosely here since there's 0 fiction for this, but that was the TCG angle at least) I'm getting big time "Exiles" vibes. That was a mess of a novel and was Aligned continuity, but it did give us cool stuff like Thundertron's version of Star Seekers.

Detritus is even in the TCG, which isn't necessarily a belwether for a toy but that's even more fuel to that fire. Repaint Storm Cloud and Whisper as Star Saber parts, yeah, this looks like another attempt at Exiles.
Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044380)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on November 11th, 2019 @ 7:37pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:

- non transforming
- not a base
- rotating faces and articulated tentacles

I dunno, I expected to be surprised and have the figure have something that makes me actually want it? I expect my Transformers figures to actually, y'know, transform, for starters. I was hoping them doing a Voyager class Quintesson in Generations meant they were going to make all the regular Quintesson stuff be it's robot mode, and then have it turn into...something, at least, like how they made new modes for each of the Weaponizers and Ironworks. A ship, a Sharkticon, a weird Alpha-Q-like monster thing, something. Having a non-transforming egg with faces in the main line just feels to me like a waste of a spot that could have gone to an actual Transformer.

As it stands though, I just have to either hope this is a gimmicky Cyberverse figure that got mislabeled as being in Earthrise, or take this as more proof that Earthrise just won't be as good to me as Siege is/was.
Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044383)
Posted by Un_Chakal on November 11th, 2019 @ 8:56pm CST
Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044385)
Posted by Flashwave on November 11th, 2019 @ 9:35pm CST
Well, I wont pit Alpha Q away until we get pictures, but even if this IS a Cyberverse figure and not Earthrise, if its done well like Gnaw It could still work.
Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044386)
Posted by Emerje on November 11th, 2019 @ 10:09pm CST

I mean, they aren't Transformers to begin with so I'd be perfectly fine with a Voyager box of Quints that are just action figures with no transforming. I'd much rather have that than trying to shoehorn a transformation into a character that was never intended to transform.

Emerje
Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044387)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on November 11th, 2019 @ 10:31pm CST
Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044388)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 11th, 2019 @ 10:32pm CST
If the Quints do turn out to be Cyberverse toys and not Earthrise, then that's an interesting move since the Cyberverse Sharkticons are, based on all that has been shown of them, not affiliated with the Quintessons whatsoever, instead being a righteously radical bunch of space surfer dudes. 8-}
Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044389)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 11th, 2019 @ 11:02pm CST

Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044391)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 11th, 2019 @ 11:10pm CST
Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044392)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 11th, 2019 @ 11:12pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Makes sense with proportions. I wonder what they'll name the intermediate form tho...
Probably just "Mega Zarak" (or some spelling variation thereof).
Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044393)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on November 11th, 2019 @ 11:12pm CST
I can't wait to see the finished Titan. Though, I hope the antenna are going to be orange in the end... That pale gold doesn't work in my opinion
Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044394)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on November 11th, 2019 @ 11:14pm CST
Funny thing, I finally got around to unboxing all of my Impossible Toys Allicons last week. So if this voyager is just a big Judge type, that'll scale nicely to represent the larger one from Space Pirates and display well with my custom General Ghyrik, ordering his commandos to ambush Soundwave's forces.

And if it sells SO well that we get official versions of the Executioner, Bailiff, Prosecutor/Leader, and Scientist that I.T. did, the variants of the latter two from Money is Everything and Dweller in the Depths, the Security Quints killed by the Transorganics and the 3-faced ancient that created them in said latter ep, and the humanoid Quintessons in Forever is a Long Time Coming, and then wash it all down with official Allicons, plentiful enough for army building...

...then I guess I'll FINALLY have to admit that 3rd party products are totally unnecessary, and all I had to do was be patient for the real deal to come through.

But that's not gonna' happen.

Because as several previous comments have observed, the Quintessons are just plain non-toyetic. No matter how important they are to the mythos, or genuinely interesting in design they are, they can't really fit within the TF toyline, because they don't transform.

Instead, they're the perfect example of symbiosis between the official Transformer and 3rd party markets. If it weren't for being able to display all those Impossible Toys Quints (IDR which companies made the other, smaller Judges and Allicons), I never would've bought as many TR Sharkticons as I did, and that has to be true for a LOT of other fans. The reception of that toy probably led in turn led to it's Cyberverse enlargening, and now this Voyager and Deluxe, if true. And that should hopefully lead to 3P versions of the unproduced Quint types listed above, continuing the circle of life toward official Allicons!

Seriously, why didn't we get Allicons during Beast Hunters? Amid all those deluxe variations of generic dragons, they could've done more homages than just a few familiar names.

Point is, while it'll be nice to have a full-grown Quintessa, and it's great that Has/Tak really are trying hard to please their old lifelong fans, this is just one of those niche areas where neither official company can get the proper toys done. 3rd parties stuff exists for a reason, for the good of the greater toy ecosystem, making triumphs and errors that help our current crop of official TFs be as awesome as they are.

And yes, I'll buy these two figures, however they turn out!
Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044395)
Posted by Tranzilla on November 11th, 2019 @ 11:24pm CST
Skritz wrote:If we do get a classic-styled, G1 Quintesson: would it transform to still count as a 'Transformers' and if so what would it even turn into? I admit I'm quite curious to see how the hell this could even function as I cannot see Hasbro releasing a non-transforming mainline figure if the leaks are true. :-?

I'm thinking these could be something in the realm of a simplified Mighty Mugs-esque figure. Sounds like the concept is the same.
Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044398)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 12th, 2019 @ 3:33am CST
Un_Chakal wrote:It's obviously going to be a cyberverse toy. Just like the scraplet gimmick where teeth spin inside.

I agree, pretty sure this sounds like a cyberverse figure; might even be the next build-a-fig
Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044400)
Posted by ScottyP on November 12th, 2019 @ 8:21am CST
Sabrblade wrote:On a different note, it looks like Titan class Scorponok will have the Marvel/Rebirth-styled head instead of the toy/Headmasters-styled head.
This pleases me. Never been a big fan of the toy head's look and Marvel Scorponok is what defined the character for me.
Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044405)
Posted by william-james88 on November 12th, 2019 @ 9:15am CST
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Hm... I'm not sold on a non-transforming figure... If that's how the Quintessons are being handled, I'll gladly pass

Another anonymous source has stated that they do have an attack/cannon mode that requires some sort of reconfiguration. So there is a transformation aspect to it, but it's possible that the initial source either didn't know of that possibility or didn't think it was worth mentioning (or would count as transforming). We'll see.

Firstly, see above for How Hasbro might be handling it.
Secondly, Hasbro has released entire lines/classes of non transforming Transformers in the past. And some of those sell for a fortune on e-bay. The Bludgeon skeleton Samurai on everyone's pedestal is a non transforming shell. Transformers is the brand name, not a necessary gimmick.
Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044406)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on November 12th, 2019 @ 9:32am CST
william-james88 wrote:Transformers is the brand name, not a necessary gimmick.

Agreed, Hasbro owns the brand and can put whatever type of toy within the retail lines that they want. However, for my collection, no thanks. If it doesn't transform then it doesn't get bought.

I believe that is the sentiment being expressed by most others who are questioning what a non-transforming toy is doing in the main line.
Re: Possible Description of Upcoming Non Transforming Quintesson Figure (2044407)
Posted by william-james88 on November 12th, 2019 @ 9:35am CST
We knew Scorponok was coming for a while and we saw the headmaster unit at NYCC 2019. However, Vector Sigma on Facebook gave the footage another look and checked to see what else they could gather from what was presented. They took one of Seibertron's screenshots showing the back of the larger headmaster (so Scorponok's titan head), reoriented it and coloured it to see which style they were going for. As it turns out, the visor we see means titan class Scorponok, who is a double headmaster this time like Fortress Maximus, will be sporting his head from "Rebirth". This is also the look he had in the Marvel UK comics. It's very different to the Japanese Head Masters cartoon which went for the more toy accurate look of separate eyes coming from the smaller head.

This of course makes sense since Hasbro's colours and designs as of late have been more inspired by the US cartoon rather than the toys.

You can see the original image from NYCC below (as well as our entire gallery here), followed by the digital coloured version and comparisons to the two cartoons.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #235 - Pre-Holidaze
"Pre-Holidaze"
Posted: Sunday, November 24th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Deluxe Blast Off. Delivery is Free" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie DD04 crank case" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2019 TRANSFORMERS SUPER CYBORG MEGATRON SUPER7 FIGURE EXCLUSIVE NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots series 1 Spud Muffin #12" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS WFC WAR FOR CYBERTRON SIEGE VOYAGER GREENLIGHT ACTION FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron  Combaticons Bruticus" on EBAY
Buy "2009 SDCC 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANSFORMERS G1 SOUNDWAVE WITH 4  EXCLUSIVE TAPES" on EBAY