Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime

Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime

Friday, April 1st, 2011 8:59pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: TCracker   Views: 44,300

Yahoo Japan member, kabutodj presented quite an interesting auction.
In line of the third movie Dark of The Moon, where Optimus Prime sports a new abs design, the toy itself could be a deluxe class. The transformation looks simplistic enough to be a deluxe toy, but there is no ruling out that it might be a new breed of FAB (Fast Action Battler) line.

At the moment there are no pics to compare with toys of similar class and line, all we can do is speculate.

New deluxe or FAB? Let the discussion begin!

You can view the auction HERE

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com - the latest in Transformers news

Credit(s): Yahoo Japan member kabutodj

Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203726)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on April 1st, 2011 @ 9:14pm CDT
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203727)
Posted by First-Aid on April 1st, 2011 @ 9:16pm CDT
That is not bad a bad figure for a deluxe, considering that it's a very complicated figure to work off of. I'll probably pick it up...
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203730)
Posted by Autobot Joe on April 1st, 2011 @ 9:24pm CDT
I'm diggin' it. The only downside I'm seeing is that Hasbro is having a real problem hiding the the front end of the truck in bot mode on these smaller size figures. Strong cues to Robo-Vision Prime
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203732)
Posted by Agamemnon on April 1st, 2011 @ 9:29pm CDT
Twitchythe3rd wrote:Judging by the pictures, i'm going to say it's a Deluxe. The hips look like they have ball joints.

My FAB all have ball jointed hips. This looks a little simple for a deluxe and a little complicated for a FAB. I'd be happy with a new deluxe that is easier to transform than the previous movie figures that were practically alternators. And the FABs previously were a little too simple for me.

Whatever these are, I think I'm more likely to pick them up. One more thought occurred to me. There's no Mech Tech ports. Wouldn't these then have to be the new FAB?
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203733)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 1st, 2011 @ 9:30pm CDT
I'm sold. The only downside is that if it falls in line with all the other DotM deluxes, and you know it will, it's going to be considerably smaller than all the previous Movie figures in that class. Sucks having your leader be no bigger than RotF Mudflap but since I've been waiting for a Movie Optimus in this general size range, I'll call this close enough and snag him. I love the fact that this figure has such a trim, non-fussy look to him. They should have done the same with some of the RotF deluxe figures. I could have done without some of the kibble on a few of those figures.
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203734)
Posted by Covenant on April 1st, 2011 @ 9:31pm CDT
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203739)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on April 1st, 2011 @ 9:40pm CDT
Oh great another prime! When will Hasbro remember that we want simple fig’s!
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203743)
Posted by bdougwrx on April 1st, 2011 @ 9:45pm CDT
Covenant wrote: I'm still disappointed we've never gotten a faceplate-less Prime toy other than the Takara Buster Prime?

The leader class Prime with battle hooks doesn't have a faceplate and he's pretty easy to find right now.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsBy ... %2FCatalog
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203744)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on April 1st, 2011 @ 9:55pm CDT
Agamemnon wrote:

Taking another look at the pictures, his front wheels and shoulders look like they might have MechTech Ports. His shoulders appear to end up as the roof of the sleeper compartment in truck mode.
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203749)
Posted by rockman_fan on April 1st, 2011 @ 10:09pm CDT
i like it. i dont like many DOTM toys, but this one looks spiffy :-B
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203753)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 1st, 2011 @ 10:18pm CDT
its pretty much a bigger version of the preview prime with a bit more articulation. Yet another meh figure from the DOTM line. At least they made that deluxe prime they've been promising since the first movie came out.
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203758)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 1st, 2011 @ 10:27pm CDT
Not my cup o' tea, but I'm seriously impressed. He looks fantastic, especially for the size. Dang.
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203767)
Posted by Rated X on April 1st, 2011 @ 10:48pm CDT
Does deluxe class really need a prime ??? Parents are so damn cheap these days...
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203778)
Posted by Road-hole on April 1st, 2011 @ 11:12pm CDT
I think the torso piece looks miles ahead of the voyager class, and the proportions look better too which rules out FAB
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203797)
Posted by Samsonator on April 2nd, 2011 @ 12:22am CDT
Whatever it is, it's friggin gorgeous! Mine!
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203800)
Posted by Berserker Prime on April 2nd, 2011 @ 12:31am CDT
I like this. I was hopin that there would be more of the bigger guys done in deluxe along with Screamer. Also I can have the new voyager DOTM Megs tower over Prime now. WIN!
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203803)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 2nd, 2011 @ 12:35am CDT
Wow, this looks really good. I'm impressed and will happily pick this figure up. He looks way better than any of the DOTM voyager Primes I have seen so far.

Now, a third party company needs to make us a trailer comparable with this guy and RTS G2 Prime.
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203807)
Posted by Kibble on April 2nd, 2011 @ 12:42am CDT
Covenant wrote:Can I just toss in at this point the fact that after these years, with a trilogy's worth of Bayformers nigh upon, and the last installment of movie toys about to begin, that I'm still disappointed we've never gotten a faceplate-less Prime toy other than the Takara Buster Prime? Prime's face (while I still prefer full-on, non-retracting faceplate outside of the movie-verse) was one of the things I quickly grew to love from the films and I'd been hoping for so long that with all the toys of him movie-related we would have gotten something in the US market with it displayed. :-(

That's one of the few things I'm thankful about with the movie figs...at least they kept Prime's face covers. Optimus with lips =
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203813)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 2nd, 2011 @ 1:05am CDT
This looks so much better than the voyager. I wish Ultimate Prime's regular robot mode looked like this.
Re: Possible DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime (1203815)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 2nd, 2011 @ 1:19am CDT
I remember reading when the first movie came out that the goal was to have all of the main cast available as figures in each size/price point. This does give credence to that statement.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise SPRINGLOAD Incomplete Action Figure Frog RID Fig" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse - IRONHIDE - Commander Class -00500" on EBAY