Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime

Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 8:43AM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 23,555

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Were any of you dissapointed to find out that Takara's TLK Voyager Optimus was the same as Hasbro's? Well, Takara is releasing a special limited redeco of this figure as part of an advanced ticket sale for Transformers The Last Knight in Japan. It is very blurry, but the Snakas Blog this picture was found on states that they can make out purple eyes so this may be Takara's take on the "shadow spark prime" deco. This figure now joins a long line of advance ticket sales exclusives in Japan like the Darkside Optimus Prime for DOTM and G1 color Grimlock for AOE.

Transformers News: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime
Credit(s): Snakas Blog
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1875741)
Posted by Prowl4 on April 20th, 2017 @ 7:11am CDT
What's the difference between hasbro and takara berserker and hasbro and takara barricade?
Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1875742)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on April 20th, 2017 @ 7:12am CDT
Prowl4 wrote:What's the difference between hasbro and takara berserker and hasbro and takara barricade?

Nothing really. The wave 1 Hasbro guys are pretty much identical to their Takara counterparts
Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1875744)
Posted by Prowl4 on April 20th, 2017 @ 7:20am CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:What's the difference between hasbro and takara berserker and hasbro and takara barricade?

Nothing really. The wave 1 Hasbro guys are pretty much identical to their Takara counterparts


Is there any visible differences at all?
Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1875746)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on April 20th, 2017 @ 7:31am CDT
Prowl4 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:What's the difference between hasbro and takara berserker and hasbro and takara barricade?

Nothing really. The wave 1 Hasbro guys are pretty much identical to their Takara counterparts

Is there any visible differences at all?

I think Beserker has a bit of red hue in the legs that the Hasbro one doesn't have, but I think that's the only real visible difference
Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1875752)
Posted by william-james88 on April 20th, 2017 @ 8:28am CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:What's the difference between hasbro and takara berserker and hasbro and takara barricade?

Nothing really. The wave 1 Hasbro guys are pretty much identical to their Takara counterparts

Is there any visible differences at all?

I think Beserker has a bit of red hue in the legs that the Hasbro one doesn't have, but I think that's the only real visible difference

Yup, the only difference in all of wave 1 is a few red bits on the legs of Berserker. Everything else is the same.
Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1875768)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on April 20th, 2017 @ 9:27am CDT
Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1875825)
Posted by Va'al on April 20th, 2017 @ 2:09pm CDT
Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1876139)
Posted by SillyMcGilly on April 21st, 2017 @ 12:55pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:What's the difference between hasbro and takara berserker and hasbro and takara barricade?

Nothing really. The wave 1 Hasbro guys are pretty much identical to their Takara counterparts


Which sucks. But at least in let's me feel better about getting the cheaper alternative and doing some customizing magicssss!
Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1876498)
Posted by WreckerJack on April 22nd, 2017 @ 11:29pm CDT
TakaraTomy has posted on their website with the latest info on exclusive Transformers: The Last Knight giveaways! The first giveaway is the silver Temenos Sword, which will be exclusive to ToysRus stores in Japan.

Optimus Prime's Age Of Extinction shield will also be a giveaway item later in the Summer. If you are lucky enough to get one of these swords make sure you keep the ticket that comes with it. Those who do will be able to obtain a "Clear File" which is a clear plastic file folder featuring Transformers artwork on it.

In the Fall Optimus' Dark of the Moon axe will become a promotional item, a bonus for those who got the shield. Make sure to keep those tickets someplace safe so you won't miss out!

Unfortunately, these giveaways are only for Japan. If you live in the US the new Transformers The Last Knight toys will hit stores Monday, April 24th!

Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1876578)
Posted by Overcracker on April 23rd, 2017 @ 10:06am CDT
WreckerJack wrote:... If you live in the US the new Transformers The Last Knight toys will hit stores Monday, April 29th!




The 29th is Saturday. Monday is May First. Unless you are talking about some other year. :lol:
Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1876583)
Posted by Va'al on April 23rd, 2017 @ 10:13am CDT
Overcracker wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:... If you live in the US the new Transformers The Last Knight toys will hit stores Monday, April 29th!




The 29th is Saturday. Monday is May First. Unless you are talking about some other year. :lol:


Actually we meant 24th. Typo!
Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1876586)
Posted by Overcracker on April 23rd, 2017 @ 10:58am CDT
[quote]
Actually we meant 24th. Typo!
[/quote]
Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1877049)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 25th, 2017 @ 5:13am CDT
Well, this is it. The TAKARA 1-steps are exactly the same POS as the Hasbro ones:

Hound:
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10444508

Barricade:
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10444507

Optimus:
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10444506

Bumblebee:
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10444505

They are pretty much the same price as the US or Canada. That's not counting shipping, obviously.

Sigh... Guess I'll wait for a clearance sale for Hound.
Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1877052)
Posted by Va'al on April 25th, 2017 @ 5:23am CDT
Fellow Seibertronian -Kanrabat- has spotted four new figures from the upcoming live-action movie Transformers: The Last Knight over on 1999.co.jp, as part of the related Takara Tomy line of toys. Where Hasbro has One-Step Changers, we now see the Speed Change TLK-06 Bumblebee, TLK-07 Optimus Prime, TLK-08 Hound and TLK-09 Barricade!

Check out images below of the two modes and the transformation sequence, and let us know what you think of this initial Japanese offering in their striking similarity to the Hasbro version of the same toys.





















Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1877066)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on April 25th, 2017 @ 7:09am CDT
It's still a bit hilarious and sad how little paint these guys have. Takara = Hasbro here
Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1877249)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 25th, 2017 @ 4:25pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:It's still a bit hilarious and sad how little paint these guys have. Takara = Hasbro here


That's usually the case with the initial waves. It's a bit later down the line that TakaraTomy offers "premium decos".
Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1877292)
Posted by william-james88 on April 25th, 2017 @ 6:45pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:It's still a bit hilarious and sad how little paint these guys have. Takara = Hasbro here


That's usually the case with the initial waves. It's a bit later down the line that TakaraTomy offers "premium decos".

But their AOE line had different/superior decos to Hasbro's from the get go.
It looks like they are going back to the method of the first film where both companies released the same toys.
Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1877294)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 25th, 2017 @ 6:54pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:It's still a bit hilarious and sad how little paint these guys have. Takara = Hasbro here


That's usually the case with the initial waves. It's a bit later down the line that TakaraTomy offers "premium decos".

But their AOE line had different/superior decos to Hasbro's from the get go.
It looks like they are going back to the method of the first film where both companies released the same toys.
Some of the movie 1 toys had differences between the Hasbro and Takara versions. Most notably the normal Leader class Optimus Prime toy.
Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1877298)
Posted by william-james88 on April 25th, 2017 @ 7:05pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:It's still a bit hilarious and sad how little paint these guys have. Takara = Hasbro here


That's usually the case with the initial waves. It's a bit later down the line that TakaraTomy offers "premium decos".

But their AOE line had different/superior decos to Hasbro's from the get go.
It looks like they are going back to the method of the first film where both companies released the same toys.
Some of the movie 1 toys had differences between the Hasbro and Takara versions. Most notably the normal Leader class Optimus Prime toy.

Some, sure. But not most. Which was totally reversed for AOE.
Re: Possible Exclusive Shadow Spark Deco for Takara TLK Voyager Optimus Prime (1877318)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 25th, 2017 @ 8:40pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:It's still a bit hilarious and sad how little paint these guys have. Takara = Hasbro here


That's usually the case with the initial waves. It's a bit later down the line that TakaraTomy offers "premium decos".

But their AOE line had different/superior decos to Hasbro's from the get go.
It looks like they are going back to the method of the first film where both companies released the same toys.
Some of the movie 1 toys had differences between the Hasbro and Takara versions. Most notably the normal Leader class Optimus Prime toy.

Some, sure. But not most. Which was totally reversed for AOE.


The first few waves were generally speaking identical. It's the later redecos and retoolings that sported the differences from what I can tell. AoE and Lost Age were exceptions, I'll give you that.

Ending Soon On eBay

** 2015 Transformers Carzap TFCC Club 3.0 Subscription Service MISB ** - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 6 minutes 40 seconds
** 2004 - Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime 20th Anniversary - MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 6 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 AM33 Final Battle Megatron misb rare - Time Remaining: 6 days 10 hours 12 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Reveal the Shield Optimus Prime Rare! NISB - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 13 minutes 2 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS  ASIA EXCLUSIVE EDITION HENKEI JETFIRE  IN STOCK - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 17 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Superion hasbro 2016 G2 G-2 box set boxed NEW - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 24 minutes 15 seconds
2002 JETFIRE TRANSFORMERS ARMADA GIGA-CONS CLASS 95% COMPLETE + INSTRUCTIONS - Time Remaining: 27 days 10 hours 33 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Universe RAMJET 2003 with 4 Mini-Con Figures - Hasbro NISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 42 minutes 23 seconds
Website Security Test