Wednesday, September 25th, 2019 10:41pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 29,560

Toy distributor Southern Hobby had some interesting listings up today. They have since been removed but we left connections to the original web paths below. From the listings, it seems like the second part of the trilogy will be very similar to the first, with more micromasters and an emphasis on the first two seasons of the G1 cartoon. They are moving away from Cybertron though, as one of the listings shows a new earth mode for Starscream. Maybe this is the mold they will use for the cone heads. And of course, we are getting another big Optimus, which is in line with Hasbro wanting a big ticket Optimus figure in every Generations line since Titans Return. Cliffjumper being a deluxe also fits the bill in his new paradigm since we have seen how big a range in height that class can get

Below is the full list of products found. Please remember, you should always take this with a grain of salt.

E7149 Micromaster Hotrod Patrol
E7150 Micormaster Military Patrol
E7155 Deluxe Cliffjumper
E7156 Deluxe Wheeljack
E7154 Deluxe Hoist
E7157 Deluxe Ironworks
E7162 Voyager Starscream Earth
E7164 Voyager Grapple
E7166 Leader Optimus Prime (With Trailer)

Transformers News: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More

Credit(s): southern hobby

Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039554)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on September 25th, 2019 @ 11:25pm CDT
Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039556)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 25th, 2019 @ 11:34pm CDT
Wireless_Phantom wrote:Grapple? Hoist? CliffJumper? IRONWORKS? it's like they went down my list and checked a bunch of boxes at random and I love it.

Ironworks is possibly a replacement name for a different character, as the Micromaster is already homaged with "Irontread" in the Micromaster 10-pack.

Regarding the Patrols, I wonder who we'll get. *looks over the names* O wait... we already have one semi-confirmed, thanks to the Micromaster 10-pack: Bombshock of the Military Patrol, as a retool of Flak. Look at Cratermaker ;) That may mean the other is either Growl or Tracer.
Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039558)
Posted by jacob_savloff on September 25th, 2019 @ 11:39pm CDT
Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, and Hoist sound legit and I want them. Ironworks is interesting since we have the micrmaster from G1 in the 10-pack, so it could be a different name for someone, I hope Ironfist. I hope Grapple is his own mold. I hope Starscream isn't real since we have this new seeker mold and I want WFC Trilogy to stay with Cybertronian modes. Optimus also sounds strange since we have the galaxy upgrade version. Some of these seem real, others not.
Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039559)
Posted by Ultra Markus on September 25th, 2019 @ 11:50pm CDT
I would certainly hope that we finally get a proper siege optimus prime with his real trailer that turns into a command center with roller and that starscream earth I wonder if it's a new seeker mold
Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039560)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on September 25th, 2019 @ 11:51pm CDT
Cliffjumper and a new Wheeljack are very much welcomed. Been wanting a good Cliffjumper for a while now and we haven't had a good Wheeljack in a while. CW had one, UW improved on it, but it still didn't feel right imo. Though, I am hoping that we get box truck Wheeljack, or something to that effect. Though, honestly, I'd be happy with getting 2 Wheeljacks, one for Earth and one for Cybertron :lol: Everyone else though... I don't really need a new Starscream or Prime, so they'd have to blow me away to get me to bite or have a killer repaint. Grapple's one of those characters where I could go either way with: I don't need one, but if he looks good, I might grab it. Hoist (and presumably Trailbreaker, because c'mon, they can't resist that oppurtunity), I'd need to see the new version. I'm more than happy with T30's offerrings, but if the new ones look good, T30 may just be shifted to a different shelf. Overall, I'm hoping these rumors are true. And isn't NYCC soon? Could this be a slight leak as to what we might see there?
Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039564)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on September 26th, 2019 @ 1:03am CDT
I really hope the Optimus and Screamer aren't true, but we already know Hasbro's been mandating a big Optimus per line, so... :evil:

As long as Wheeljack looks good, he's a guaranteed purchase, I'm 99% confident that "Ironworks" is Ironfist/Fisitron so I'll be getting him, I don't buy the Micromasters so no to them, and pretty much everyone else is a wait-and see. If this is true though, it likely confirms that Inferno (the G1 guy sadly, not the superior Predacon), Trailbreaker, and possibly another Minibot character are coming from those Grapple, Hoist, and Cliff molds later in the line. Also please don't switch to Earth modes partway through, the lack of consistency will upset SO many fans.

Sentinel_Primal wrote:And isn't NYCC soon? Could this be a slight leak as to what we might see there?

NYCC is a week from tomorrow/today (depending on timezones), so we'll find out soon enough how much of this is legit.
Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039566)
Posted by frogbat on September 26th, 2019 @ 3:07am CDT
I hope that they go with an MP grapple lite - homaging the g1 toy more (though how that will work with the cybertronia element...)

re cliff jumper - I like the minibus being legends but I can see how they would do a couple as deluxes. I really want to see bee and wheeljack in their arrival from cybertron forms.

prime - meh I'm called primed out but ya never know

ss - well on one hand I'm curious, but I'm really happy with the tetra jet version and I'm sure they could find other characters to tackle 1st tho tho deception ranks aren't as full as the autobots...
Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039567)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 26th, 2019 @ 3:09am CDT
I can see them all being true, especially with Starscream, given how Siege screamer transforms, I'd expect this to be a new mold. Should be interesting to see what else we get.
Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039571)
Posted by Coptur on September 26th, 2019 @ 4:16am CDT
Happy to hear about some of these

I agree they should be sticking to cybertronian modes especially those that had officials one in the cartoon (including Trailbreaker)

Cliffjumper - happy but hope he's legend size like all the other minibots, fingers crossed for hubcap repaint
Wheeljack - very happy
Grapple - never loved this character but i hope it improves upon the Generations version
Hoist - will have to good to replace the Generations one. I hope they don't cheap out and do a Trailbreaker from this as their animation model are extremely different.
Starscream Earth - not sure why they're already doing this i won't be replacing the cybertronian version this should've been a conehead slot
Optimus Prime - i suppose they can't not do Optimus Prime but this is an easy pass as the trailer just sit in a box anyway.

Ironwork - will have to see this
Mircomasters - i don't collect them

what i want to see:
Scorponok
Snapdragon
Devcon
Warpath
Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039572)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 26th, 2019 @ 4:27am CDT
Ironworks would likely be a weaponiser, so maybe it is a base that can be pulled apart into weapons tho the base mode would be pretty small even by the micromaster standards unless its just mainly hollow parts to give other figures boots or empty boxes on their backs.

Grapple will be a pass unless its made cybertronian or depending if I like it more than classics and I'm definitely wanting an inferno as I never got the classics and POTP is stickered up as another character.

Wheeljacks kind of the same as Grapple except if it isnt a good design (as per all the car autobots so far) I'll track down a classics.

Hoist...even if they screw him up I'm buying him.

Starscream let the earthmodes commence and hope it sorts the car modes out for all the car bots YAY. Maybe the classic seekers will finally have some competiton and TR Megs will have to get used to not being the biggest of the squadron.

Deluxe cliffjumper :( :( fortunately deluxes can be pretty small and if it's legend sized with some decent weapons it might not feel like over paying for a under sized class like shockwave. If they have screwed the scale it will be a matter of waiting years for another Hasbro version or hoping a third party brings out some TR scale toys which would be unlikely. Might have been better for hasbro to have done him like the duocons in some way but time will tell.

When the micromaster packs start completing teams will mean I have some backtracking to purchase them, until then, money saved.

*Prime, may be a buy if it doesnt look like the voyager prime and the trailer is usable/sizable unlike Magnus. Would really like to see this so I know if I can pass on cell shaded Optimus completely.
Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039576)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 26th, 2019 @ 5:43am CDT
Coptur wrote:Happy to hear about some of these

Wheeljack - very happy

Ironwork - will have to see this
Mircomasters - i don't collect them

what i want to see:
Scorponok
Snapdragon
Devcon
Warpath

Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039579)
Posted by Coptur on September 26th, 2019 @ 6:12am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I'd say look at when we got our first look at omega for when we'll see scorpy, might get a tease at nycc but you won't see the full thing till next spring.

Oh I really hope so.

I've always wanted a city Scorponok never had the original but is was on my xmas list every year LOL.
Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039585)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on September 26th, 2019 @ 8:48am CDT
Cliffjumper - The GDO one is fine for me.
Wheeljack - I really like the one I already have
Tracks - Yeah, him too.
Hoist - I mean, he could use a replacement, I guess, but the one I have is fine, really.
Grapple - Tempting, but likely no. I mean I have to come to a point where what i have is just fine. Buying the same guy over and over again is just madness.
Starscream Earth - Based on his just released Cybertronian jet they just released? The one with the amazing robot mode, but Cybertronian mode I couldn't care less about? A character I actually care about!? Do they really think I'll want to replace my Classics Seeker army? Or even just the main six with voyagers sized TFs full of posability and nostalgia?

...
...
...

Well, jeez. I think we may have a winner. If he's based off the tetrajet mould I may just make an effort to get more of that thing. I mean I love that Classics Seeker mould a lot BECAUSE it's so G1 in BOTH modes. The only competition it has, in my mind, are pricy 3rd party toys from iGear - but they weren't perfect so I never went in on them. Since there are so many Seekers I've been waiting for something *perfect* and I've just never seen anything that could compete with that decade old mould. If this is it, and if it's based off the Seige tetrajet ... I just may go all-in. Get the Rainmakers and the Earth mode Starscrem & co.

But if it's anything but a G1 Seeker mould then fuggeddaboutit.
Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039587)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 26th, 2019 @ 9:09am CDT
Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039588)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on September 26th, 2019 @ 9:24am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:What if Starscream... is just the same mold... as the Siege tetrajet... but with the altmode kibble... swapped out for new altmode kibble? :P

Almost ideal. Then the tetrajet Seekers belong with him as a set. That's what makes it appealing to me.
Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039589)
Posted by ScottyP on September 26th, 2019 @ 9:33am CDT
That's precisely what I was thinking too. Swap out that hinge and the wings/fuselage for a different set that the torso still just folds under and they're done. And we'll all buy it again.
Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039591)
Posted by o.supreme on September 26th, 2019 @ 9:41am CDT
I'm excited for what this new line will truly have and its anticipated reveal at NYCC (2 weeks form today) :-D I'm not to keen on the idea of Cliffjumper being a deluxe. If they are not going to bring back the Legends size class for this line, then perhaps it will be some sort of *armored up* version of Cliffjumper, similar to how the Siege Leaders are voyager sized until you add their additional components.

Also, I'm debating with Grapple. Will he be an all new mold? If so, he would look out of place next to PotP Inferno. But if he were the (umpteenth) use of the original CW Hotspot mold, would it retain the combiner functionality? If so, that opens up another mess of needing four more limbs to go with him. Even worse, he could end up like Ectotron, and be that mold, without the compatibility, (although Ectotron is definitely unique/awesome enough that virtually nobody besides me is complaining about the lack of compatibility ;) ) and like Siege Chromia, suffer from being a pariah forever. Not only an unoriginal toy, but also stripped of it's originally intended purpose....

In this case, I guess the best outcome would be for Grapple to be an all new toy. If not, Selects better be planning on 4 limbs to go with him .
Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039592)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 26th, 2019 @ 9:46am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Also, I'm debating with Grapple. Will he be an all new mold?
More than likely. Hasbro hit the big reset button on most characters with Siege, and insisted that there would be no past molds in the mainline figures (Chromia's a new mold based on an old one with only her thighs recycled, people).
Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039594)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 26th, 2019 @ 10:39am CDT
Cliff jumper may be based on his prime version with zombie upgrade parts, war for cybertron isnt sticking to purely G1 looks and with greenlight/lancer, Grapple could just be the Energon version with some holes in him :P

Re: Possible Listings for 2020 War for Cybertron Line show Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Hoist and More (2039595)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on September 26th, 2019 @ 10:49am CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:Expect the worst and then be surprised (or maybe even a little bit more disappointed) when the reveals come out.

This is basically my way of approaching a lot of rumors :lol: Never thought we'd actually get a voyager Apeface, and yet here we are :lol: Some of these sound great, but I'm expecting the worst in terms of how they may look/what they turn into. If Hoist looks exactly like his character model it'll be a bit awkward looking, but if it's closer to Trailbreaker's, it'll look cleaner. If Wheeljack turns into a box van, the kibble will be extreme, but if he turns into a Cybertronian supercar, he loses accuracy to what his original alt mode was

Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod 86 Voyager Class Action Figure - F0712" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV08 Underbite" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV05 Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collectors Club Botcon TFCC 2016 Membership Figure Ramjet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure deluxe TAV-08 Gregevor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure deluxe TAV-03 Strongarm" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE MEGA OPTIMUS PRIME, 2015." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers loose Movie Revenge of the Fallen (ROFT) Deluxe Chromia" on EBAY