Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon

Transformers News: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon

Sunday, March 4th, 2018 12:35PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 16,389

Toy Wiz now has a puzzling listing for a Volcanicus set. It is said to include Power of the Primes Grimlock, Swoop, Slug, Slash, Snarl and Sludge, which si very similar to the content we would have gotten in a Combiner Wars type of box set. Could this be the first hint we have to Power of the Primes boxsets? And how would you feel if it was the same toys in slightly better decos? What would make you get a set like this?

Of course, we do not know exactly what this set entails aside from the toys found in it. With this shipping at the same time that wave 2 deluxes are received by online retailers, this could simply be a listing for all the individual bots but done as one order. Also, it is worth noting that while the silhouette has a sword that we do not have yet, it is not a silhouette of the combined toy. Instead it is the Volcanicus character model from the Earth Wars video game.

The preorder is listed at $169.99 and we thank TF fan Jonathan for letting us know about this listing.

Transformers News: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming
Credit(s): Toywiz
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943779)
Posted by DMSL on March 4th, 2018 @ 1:00pm CST
It would be a very cheap move on Hasbro's part and a kick in the nads of people that already bought the entire set.
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943781)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 4th, 2018 @ 1:03pm CST
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943782)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 4th, 2018 @ 1:04pm CST

I would hope that the boxset does come with a sword, but not the upsized FOC Grimlock sword seen in Earth Wars. I would want a sword whose design was more in line with the G1 Dinobot swords, and which was possibly a combining weapon like Victorion's sword.

I would also like to see a G2 Volcanicus boxset, because I am a sucker for G2 color schemes (just look at my avatar, I think that says it all).
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943786)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on March 4th, 2018 @ 1:15pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:You can tell it's a silhouette of the Earth Wars model thanks to Swoop's launchers.

Personally, I would be quite peeved to be getting a G2 Volcanicus before a G2 Defensor.... There is a gaping hole in my G2 combiners where Defensor MUST be.
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943788)
Posted by Rated X on March 4th, 2018 @ 1:27pm CST
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943791)
Posted by steals_your_goats on March 4th, 2018 @ 1:42pm CST
Rated X wrote:Why so much? Four $15-20 figures and a $30 torso figure shouldnt be more than $110 wtf???? Better be G2 deco

Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943794)
Posted by kurthy on March 4th, 2018 @ 1:55pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote:

It's all of $12 more than their price for buying the set individually.
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943795)
Posted by bluecatcinema on March 4th, 2018 @ 1:59pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:The other candidates played into it more obviously.
* Ultra Magnus: ...Enough said, really.
* Megatron: Evolving to most likely Galvatron (corresponding with Rodimus Prime) or else maybe to Super or Ultra Megatron.
* Thunderwing: Adaptation of his Mega Pretender gimmick
* Star Saber: "Evolving" from Saber to Star Saber, working basically like the original toy.
* Optimus Primal (yes, I say this is obvious): Evolving from his regular body to the Optimal Optimus body, since that fits with the Prime themeing and also works better size and engineering-wise than having him evolve to the Transmetal body.

Evolving Megatron, Thunderwing and Star Saber would have been cool. I don't think Ultra Magnus would have worked, considering his lesser known "repaint of Optimus" inner body (not to mention they already did something similar with Minimus Ambus).
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943796)
Posted by Burn on March 4th, 2018 @ 2:03pm CST
Move on from the poll discussion please, it's not relevant to the thread.
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943799)
Posted by steals_your_goats on March 4th, 2018 @ 2:11pm CST
kurthy wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

It's all of $12 more than their price for buying the set individually.

Legends are $11
Deluxe are around $18
Voyagers are $25
So at retail those 6 figures should AT MOST be $108. That's a far cry from $170
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943800)
Posted by kurthy on March 4th, 2018 @ 2:14pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
kurthy wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:I wouldn't think too much about the price. Toywiz is notorious for majorly marking stuff up.

It's all of $12 more than their price for buying the set individually.

Legends are $11
Deluxe are around $18
Voyagers are $25
So at retail those 6 figures should AT MOST be $108. That's a far cry from $170

Which is why Toywiz's price of $29.99 for swoop is insane.

All their prices are ridiculous including $169.99 for a box set.
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943801)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 4th, 2018 @ 2:18pm CST
Would be nice if they added some new stuff there to help with the hard-to-swallow price tag. Would be even cooler if they retooled slash to have her combine with the rest of the team
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943802)
Posted by Flashwave on March 4th, 2018 @ 2:20pm CST
Excited for Inferno to add to my Protectobot collection. Nnot that I need him.

I might get Outback, n9t attached to Cundersaur but we'll see if I jump on him in stores
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943805)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 4th, 2018 @ 2:27pm CST
I'll take a G2 Volcanicus set please :lol: Settle once and for who red and who is green. SiGSiR, anyone?
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943808)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 4th, 2018 @ 3:10pm CST
I personally prefer the more common Green Slag and Red Snarl. The color layout is more pleasing to my eye on those than the other way 'round.
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943810)
Posted by Skritz on March 4th, 2018 @ 3:18pm CST

Sadly, it seems Takara's golden age of repaints and retools that make people feel smug about buying them is unfortunately over.
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943820)
Posted by Emerje on March 4th, 2018 @ 4:04pm CST
Burn wrote:Move on from the poll discussion please, it's not relevant to the thread.

I'm not trying to be contrary, but I'm genuinely curious, as I'm sure others are (hence not sending you a PM), why discussing the Power of the Primes poll in the Power of the Primes thread is off topic? It isn't exactly timely, but it seems topical with all of the Optimal Optimus talk that it spawned from.

Emerje
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943821)
Posted by Relic0037 on March 4th, 2018 @ 4:12pm CST
Skritz wrote:Still hoping in vain for Dinoking repaint of Volcanicus. Yes, I know Dinoking was a Monstructor repaint but an update would make more sense as the Dinobot combiner with new colors and maybe heads, either individual heads for robots or a new combiner head. Then add a 5mm port on top of Grimlock's dinohead to peg in a parts-forming yellow chest armor and he's good to go.

I'm definitely all for a Dinoking repaint of the Dinobots since that was an actual G1 dinosaur combiner that existed. I'm also wondering if there was ever confirmation of a Waverider Prime Master coming out. My Masterforce Autobot collection wouldn't be complete with just Metalhawk, Cloudburst, & Landmine.
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943822)
Posted by Burn on March 4th, 2018 @ 4:16pm CST
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Because when I was catching up, a good portion of said discussion centred around Trypticon and his lack of a premium release.
Re: Possible Power of the Primes Volcanicus Box Set Coming Soon (1943825)
Posted by Relic0037 on March 4th, 2018 @ 4:24pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:It could just be ToyWiz themselves selling all five individually-packaged Dinobots as a bundled offer.

I seem to remember ToyWiz doing something similar with Superion & Menasor a few years ago. I double checked at the time & it wasn't a Unite Warriors set or a special box set, just the 5 separate figures sold as a bundle. I'm guessing they are doing the same thing here, but time will tell.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "NEW Transformers vehicle MECHTECH Bumblebee w/ Sam Witwicky figure & Backfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations legends BOMBSHELL - 100% complete + extras" on EBAY
Buy "Hun-Gurrr - Blot - Cutthroat - Sinnertwin Vintage Figs Abominus G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "NEW - Transformers: Primacy by Metzen, Chris; Dille, Flint" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SDCC POTP Throne of the Primes Optimus Primal Bumblebee Bag MIB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Reissue Walmart Minibot Set Outback Bumblebee Swerve Tailgate" on EBAY
Buy "DECEPTICON BERSERKER PREMIER EDITION TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT" on EBAY