Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated

Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated

Thursday, April 15th, 2021 8:24am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 54,578

Update!

Thanks to the intrepid efforts of fellow Seibertron user, Alekese, the images have been proved to be the work of a customiser who created these on commission. There us still traces of the original paint that can be found on these figures.

Original article follows:

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, Mindmaster, has let us know that a few new photos have surfaced on twitter, reportedly showing two new Transformers Kingdoms (and/or Transformers Selects) products!

The images come from Twitter user, Sousi, who had this to say:

Transformers News: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated

The images show off two grey prototype looking versions of the Transformers Kingdom Cheetor and Optimus Primal figures, with completely new, unseen before heads. Speculation is rife that the Cheetor toy seen here is the leaked Shadow Panther toy, while the is no news of a battle masked Optimus Primal figure, but it wouldn't be unheard of for such a variant to debut as either an exclusive or under the Transformers Selects line.

Of course we also have no idea yet if these are even real as they could be well made customs, so, as always with news like this, take it with a large pinch of salt until more evidence becomes available.

Though as you can see from the image below, they do look like the prototype we have seen in the past like this article from 2016:

What do you think of these images? Fact or faked? Would you have likes to have seen the Netflix Optimus Primal release sport his battle mode head?

Shout out in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Sousi on Twitter

This article was last modified on Thursday, April 15th, 2021 9:45am CDT

Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101839)
Posted by sol magnus on April 15th, 2021 @ 8:32am CDT
Interesting. I think they're real, but time will tell.
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101840)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on April 15th, 2021 @ 8:33am CDT
If this is true, I wonder if Primal would be released in the same paint job or with universe colors or something. I will say I've always been conflicted about the battlemask, since the original toy had the battle mask and I always thought it looked cooler (and closer to original prime). But on the other end, without the battle mask is more show-accurate and Primal is meant to be his own guy, not just monkey prime.

I'd say if this is real, I already have kingdom Primal so I wouldn't double dip for this one unless it was in universe colors or ghost convoy or something.

As for the cheetor mold, I hope speculation is correct that the battle mask is for shadow panther. I'd be more inclined to get him if so
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101841)
Posted by alekese on April 15th, 2021 @ 8:43am CDT
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101842)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on April 15th, 2021 @ 8:48am CDT
Well.... my bank account thanks you lol
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101843)
Posted by sol magnus on April 15th, 2021 @ 8:50am CDT
alekese wrote:Unfortunately, it's already been debunked. Some of the comments in the original twitter thread have been translated revealing that this was a commissioned customization. You can even see traces of yellow on cheetor's arm from where the spraypaint couldn't quite reach.

Looking a bit more closely, yeah. Definitely a painted Cheetor.

Thanks, buddy.
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101844)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on April 15th, 2021 @ 9:20am CDT
That makes sense unfortunately. I'd love if Shadow Panther had a battle mask, but it'd be kinda weird if the battle mask looked like that. The Primal one kind of makes sense, and was really done well so I almist believed it. Oh well though, least it's not like the Armada Prime mock up or finding out Polar Claw made it to the prototyping phase before he was killed off
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101845)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on April 15th, 2021 @ 9:27am CDT
I will forever be sad about Polar Claw
I still have the og but an update wouldve been so cool
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101846)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 15th, 2021 @ 9:30am CDT

Ah this was the type of comment I was looking for. I couldn't seem to find where the pictures originated from.

I'll update the article accordingly
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101856)
Posted by Spider5800 on April 15th, 2021 @ 11:44am CDT
That's too bad, I would have been somewhat interested in a Primal with the mask. He DOES occasionally use one in the show.
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101858)
Posted by UnderscoreZeus on April 15th, 2021 @ 12:01pm CDT
Whoever posted this article needs to learn what a primed custom looks like. You can clearly see spots of yellow on Cheetor and the fur on Primal is barely even covered by the paint
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101867)
Posted by Emerje on April 15th, 2021 @ 3:54pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:

Looking a bit more closely, yeah. Definitely a painted Cheetor.

Thanks, buddy.

The visible colored plastic under the primer doesn't really mean anything. When Takara Tomy does a retool of a figure they stick new parts on an off the shelf figure and spray the whole thing in primer to even it out. I can't find the specific examples I'm looking for, one was the back of UW Bruticus at some event, I think Grand Galvatron and Megatronia were the same way, but my Google-fu is pretty weak right now.

Emerje
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101868)
Posted by alekese on April 15th, 2021 @ 4:52pm CDT
Someone on tfw translated parts of the comment chain where it was specifically stated to be a customisation for a commission. The visible yellow is secondary supporting evidence, not the primary proof.
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101879)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on April 15th, 2021 @ 7:04pm CDT
Dinobot came in today
-The robot mode looks so much cooler in person, he seems way less scrawny-looking
-Dino mode would've done with better contrast and honestly the part that bothers me the most isn't even the saladfingers or the robot mode leg, it's the tail. Not the purple tip, but it looks much longer in person (twss) and it's pretty awkward. Of course it's a necessary sacrifice for the weapons so ill get over it
-most of the joints don't feel overly tight, but some of them worry me (like the thigh swivel)

All that aside im so happy to have a dinobot that actually looks like Dinobot!
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101896)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on April 15th, 2021 @ 8:29pm CDT
20210415_193130.jpg

Here he is with my other updated maximals
Was it wrong to have Optimus Primal and Optimal Optimus in the same photo? Yeeup.
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101897)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on April 15th, 2021 @ 8:31pm CDT
20210415_195742.jpg

Here he is with my updated/new predacons
Sky Byte has so many problems but I love him
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101899)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on April 15th, 2021 @ 8:42pm CDT
I updated my Guardians of the Galaxy cast with Dinobot as Groot
Then gave Alicon a try as Drax but Lugnut is still my favorite
Tried Arcee and Blackarachnia as Gamora and on that im conflicted
If Packrat and BW Grimlock end up getting released they'll replace my Rocket and Groot
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101901)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on April 15th, 2021 @ 9:01pm CDT

I'm thinking 1 of 2 things must have happened. 1) they realized they are completely incompetent with pre-orders and decided not to; or 2) they are simply incompetent and forgot to.
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101903)
Posted by Nuclearxpotato on April 15th, 2021 @ 9:04pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:So did anyone notice that Walmart didn't even bother putting up Kingdom wave 3 for pre-order?

They didn't put up Netflix Wave 3 Deluxes either.

Also I just got Ractonite, is her frill supposed to be glued in? Mine disconnected pretty easily and revealed a tab. Obviously this is how they retooled her into a Triceratops for Tricranius, but I don't think I've seen anyone mention this.
Bald
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101909)
Posted by Autobot N on April 15th, 2021 @ 9:41pm CDT
Nuclearxpotato wrote:

They didn't put up Netflix Wave 3 Deluxes either.

Bald
Her?
Re: Possible Prototypes of Shadow Panther and Mouthplate Primal Leaked - Updated (2101910)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on April 15th, 2021 @ 9:49pm CDT
Autobot N wrote:
Nuclearxpotato wrote:

They didn't put up Netflix Wave 3 Deluxes either.

Bald
Her?

Lotta people are referring to many of the Fossilizers (and other characters introduced in WFC that Hasbro has yet to actually establish a gender for, like Smashdown) as female

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Shattered Glass Combiner Wars Ratchet BotCon 2016 repro stickers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kingdom Cyclonus - War for Cybertron Trilogy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander ULTRA MAGNUS UK STOCK NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Star Hammer Wheel Jack Cyberverse UK Stock NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Limited DOUBLE PUNCH / Botcon Japan 98 Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2008 Transformers Attendee Exclusive Shattered Glass Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Spinister" on EBAY