Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee

Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee

Monday, May 7th, 2018 3:19am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 15,786

Thanks to a tip from regular news source Scottimus Prime Toy Hunter, we have what seems to be confirmation of a second run for the Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee deluxe figure, fixing some of the quality concerns that affected the figure in the first place: loose joints, loose window attachment, loose feet, among others. The second run code appears to be 80201 - so do check your figure to see if there is a difference, and if this later code batch has indeed fixed all the issues!

the studio series bee does have second running of it check the code on the back, mines 80201 check yours from the first run.

I just got him from target and he’s got no qc issues: tight joints in feet and window does not pop off every moment and tight hips so please check this out among others issues with the first run I may have a second run

Transformers News: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee

Transformers News: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee

Transformers News: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee

Credit(s): Scottimus Prime

Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1957998)
Posted by Bucky on May 7th, 2018 @ 3:38am CDT

I’m curious to see what your top list will look like when the whole SS line is all wrapped up.
Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958001)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 7th, 2018 @ 4:40am CDT
Am I the only one who had a Starscream with a floppy crotch?
Anyway, after a couple of Pledge Floor Finish everywhere it's not tight, but it's not floppy anymore.
Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958006)
Posted by Qwan on May 7th, 2018 @ 5:06am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Am I the only one who had a Starscream with a floppy crotch?

My Starscream was more than fine - it's (theoretically) got soft-snapping points because of the hinge's non-rounded shape, so it's not going anywhere on my copy. Glad to hear yours was mostly fixable at least!

Mine's left shoulder doesn't quite line up, though. That perpendicular panel on the wing that's supposed to sit right under the shoulder-block (does that make sense?) doesn't do it on that side, and instead sits behind that part and pushes it forward a bit. Totally unnoticeable unless I think about it or look at him from the top in robot mode, luckily.
Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958010)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 7th, 2018 @ 5:18am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Ratchet I can't decide on. There's aspects of the smaller DotM figure I like more and aspects of this one I prefer too.

They seem about the same size to me, depending on the pose.

Have you placed them side to side youself?

Well yeah, it was one of the first things I did when I got SS Ratchet and so just took another photo now. The DOTM mold can't stand it's legs up totally straight in the hips or the knees either.

Hm didn't realise on the SS figure there are actual tabs in the shoulders to fix the wheel panel things in securely in robot mode. I thought they just folded in and that was that like on the old figure. :P Anyways I wanna do some painting on this figure. Nothing much, just add some to the head, foreharms and knees and inner thighs and such.

EDIT:

did some rough painting. Will clean it up later. Way overdid the silver on the..whatever you call the bit on the front of the vehicle hood. Will scrub that and redo that properly with drybrushing.

Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958016)
Posted by Rated X on May 7th, 2018 @ 7:07am CDT
Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958017)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 7th, 2018 @ 7:09am CDT
Rated X wrote:What has the world come too? Now all of a sudden everybody cares about Bumblebee lol. Dude even took pics from Chipotle lol. Isnt the same character we all crucified michael bay and hasbro for the last 10 years?

Um. No. I've always loved movie Bumblebee. Sure there's maybe too much merchandise of him but that ain't his fault.
Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958018)
Posted by beastwarsbrah on May 7th, 2018 @ 7:17am CDT
Qwan wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Am I the only one who had a Starscream with a floppy crotch?

My starscream has the same issue but its not that bad. He is easily my favorite starscream, movie or otherwise.
Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958019)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 7th, 2018 @ 7:18am CDT
beastwarsbrah wrote:
Qwan wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Am I the only one who had a Starscream with a floppy crotch?

Mine is slightly loose in that area but only notice it when transforming. It stays in place in both modes just fine.
Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958020)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 7th, 2018 @ 7:26am CDT
Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958021)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 7th, 2018 @ 7:29am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Carnivus, quick question, do you just paint straight onto the figure or do you prime it first?

test ones like these i just paint straight on and if i wanna do a better job later when i can afford better equipment and paints i scrub/wash it off and start over with priming and such. Most of the time i just do them to help give folks better ideas of how the figures could look. These are just for my personal collection anyways, no way will i ever be good enough to be a pro customiser and sell them like some of the great customisers. My various health issues just don't allow it (for example the anxiety making my wrists shake). Is just me tweaking lil bits of the figures so I'm happier with my purchase.
Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958031)
Posted by william-james88 on May 7th, 2018 @ 8:41am CDT
Bucky wrote:Another really nice list, William-James. Think I agree with almost everything in terms of pros and cons, just to varying degrees. Some things bother me more. Some things less. I think that me liking Prime as much as I do, really makes me the odd one out. After fixing Bee’s backpack, I’ve started to come around on the figure. He’s better than I first thought, but overall he’s still not great. Blackout continues to be, far and away, my personal favorite. I’m sincerely hoping we get a Grindor. I want more helicopters.

Thanks a bunch Bucky! And yeah, hopefully the Studio Series line lasts long enough that a top 5 would look different from this ranking.

Cheers!

Also, to Emerje, I do plan on making more line specific lists. So far, I think all I did was the best Prime, Combienr Wars and Animated toys. RID 2015 is next for line specific lists, then Cybertron.
Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958075)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 7th, 2018 @ 1:42pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Thanks for the help :-)
Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958103)
Posted by notsoalex on May 7th, 2018 @ 4:08pm CDT
Well, no. I bought this figure with the same 'fixed' number code, but I still have the QC issues.
Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958111)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 7th, 2018 @ 4:57pm CDT
Rated X wrote:What has the world come too? Now all of a sudden everybody cares about Bumblebee. Dude even took pics from Chipotle lol. Isnt the same character we all crucified michael bay and hasbro for the last 10 years?

Even though I was a G1 kid, I started collecting only because of the Bay movies. And only after ROTF was well underway. I remembered HATING Movie Starscream's design... That is, until I needed some plastic crack and bought the Leader HFTD Starscream on Boxing Day for 40$CAN plus taxes. The rest is History. :x
Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958147)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 7th, 2018 @ 8:52pm CDT
Still waiting to see them in stores. The more pictures that get posted of Ratchet, the more I do want him. My lone Ratchet is the RotF Desert Tracker one, and I would like a Ratchet that is in his regular color scheme, though I could wait for the MPM, but SS Ratchet does look good.

Still stoked for Bee, hoping mine is good in the QC department. and considering I apparently got the only RiD Sideswipe to ever have his arms lock in place, maybe I'll get lucky here too
Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958152)
Posted by william-james88 on May 7th, 2018 @ 9:00pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I apparently got the only RiD Sideswipe to ever have his arms lock in place

no joke though, its the first I hear that actualy exists
Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958309)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 8th, 2018 @ 3:43pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Dude, I think you did a great job.

I wanna give painting figures a try when I get a chance. Its been a while since I made model planes and such. I admire the patience it took to do the detailing that you did on Ratchet's face. I have been thinking of doing that myself (hasbro should have done it in the first place).
Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958335)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on May 8th, 2018 @ 8:20pm CDT
Finally got Studio Series Blackout yesterday, and he's pretty cool! Robot mode has some flaws, like really limited articulation and those weird hands (which bug me more than I thought they would), but it's a huge improvement over the '07 voyager and still looks really nice. The flaws in robot mode are made up for by the vehicle mode, which is GORGEOUS! I'm a big fan of military alt. modes, and this one just looks incredible. I've noticed that his shoulders don't tab in to his torso like they're supposed to, is anyone else having that issue? Anyways, on to pictures.
IMG_0017.JPG

(SS Bee is still great, btw. He might be edging out DOTM Bee as my favorite deluxe Bee)
IMG_0019.JPG

And here he is with an off-colored and wildly out of scale movie 1 Decepticon cast:
IMG_0020.JPG
Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958373)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 9th, 2018 @ 1:58am CDT
How do you guys feel about a possible TLK repaint of Berserker in the Studio Series line to represent a new Crankcase toy? All Hasbro really needs to do is remove the red paint apps on the robot mode chest, forearms, and hands. Or is the original DotM deluxe class toy the preferred version of Crankcase still? Does anyone think they can retool the Berserker/Crowbar mold one more time to make Hatchet? It would be nice to have all three "Dreads" with truly identical alt modes for the Studio Series collection.
Re: Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee (1958375)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 9th, 2018 @ 2:16am CDT
Wasn't really interested in Berserker to begin with but he's got a neat design so why not? I doubt I'd pick it up and certainly not at retail price.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron 3 Sharkticons Attack Hotrod Figures" on EBAY
Buy "USA Transformers  Fans toys FT-20 FT20 A&B Terminus Giganticus G1 Omega Supreme" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Starscream Legion Class Dark of the Moon Hasbro Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MOVIE ROTF SOUNDWAVE SIDESWIPE LEGENDS CLASS BRAND NEW SEALED 2009" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Siege - War for Cybertron - Brunt - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Choro-Q QTF-06 Arcee New MISB (Takara TOMY Toyota Crown)" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY METROPLEX Transformers Encore Scramble City 12 New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WAR FOR CYBERTRON: SIEGE DELUXE CLASS WFC-S10 SKYTREAD" on EBAY