Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed

Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed

Saturday, August 27th, 2016 1:33pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 56,728

Seibertronians, thanks to users RodimusConvoy13 and Autobot N, we've got some potentially big news coming out of the Transformers Facebook fan page TFND. They've shared what could be a production sample of the rumored Titans Return Broadside! If legit, this would be our first look at the figure! Take a look down below, and then compare it to the G1 toy by checking out our galleries here!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Titans Return Product Reveals, News, Updates, Rumors, Leaks and more!

What do you think about this leak? Does it look official? Does it look like Broadside to you? Leave a comment and tell us! And, as always, stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest Transformers news and reviews.

Credit(s): TFND (Transformers Never Die)

This article was last modified on Sunday, August 28th, 2016 12:44pm CDT

Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819254)
Posted by .... on August 27th, 2016 @ 1:51pm CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:Oh wow...that looks really good. I think it's retooled from Alpha Trion? Maybe? Can't quite tell...either way, I hope this is legit.

Yeah it looks a bit like it with the legs. If it is, I hope they ditched the whole beast mode and gave him a jet mode. (looks like it with the lack of beast kibble and added jet wings on him.) Kinda wonder how they'd turn a lion into a jet though. :-?
Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819255)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 27th, 2016 @ 1:52pm CDT

It is. Look at the toes and outer lower-legs...

Also, when I realized we'd be getting all six Triple Changers released (TR Astrotrain and the eventual Blitzwing and Octane repaints + Gen Springer, Gen Sandstorm and this guy):

Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819256)
Posted by .... on August 27th, 2016 @ 1:54pm CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:

It is. Look at the toes and outer lower-legs...

Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819258)
Posted by Tigerpants1 on August 27th, 2016 @ 1:59pm CDT
This should be fantastic. Been looking forward to a Broadside that much it made join the boards after all this time just reading everyones comments.
Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819263)
Posted by SureShot18 on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:09pm CDT
This looks like an official Hasbro figure, granted it's only a test shot. I really like what I see so far.
Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819265)
Posted by SeventhSage on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:10pm CDT
Seems pretty legit to me. I hope they paint the face tho
Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819266)
Posted by .... on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:11pm CDT
SeventhSage wrote:Seems pretty legit to me. I hope they paint the face tho

It's an unpainted prototype. Of course they will. ;) He'll at LEAST have red eyes I'm sure.
Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819267)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:13pm CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:Seibertronians, thanks to users RodimusConvoy and Autobot N, we've got some potentially big news coming out of the Transformers Facebook fan page TFND. They've shared what could be a production sample of the rumored Titans Return Broadside! Take a look down below, and then compare it to the G1 toy by checking out our galleries here!

What do you think about this leak? Does it look official? Does it look like Broadside to you? Leave a comment ans tell us! And, as always, stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest Transformers news and reviews.

I'll wait to see his alt modes before i decide ;)
Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819270)
Posted by .... on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:17pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:
I'll wait to see his alt modes before i decide ;)

At least he probably won't have a s*** lion mode. :-P
Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819275)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:22pm CDT

Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819278)
Posted by RAR on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:27pm CDT
Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819279)
Posted by Tigerpants1 on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:28pm CDT
Maybe its Tidal waves head sculpt on the Broadside body. Its not rounded enough to be Broadside's head.
Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819281)
Posted by .... on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:29pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and say that is Tidal Wave, who is supposed to be Broadside's "repaint" and this is a new mold or a very very heavy retool to the point of all but being a new mold. That head says Tidal Wave to me, not Broadside:

No it looks more like Broadside to me. It's the block in the back and the lack of paint making it look different.

Tidalwave would be kinda cool though.
Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819282)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:29pm CDT
RAR wrote:Obviously Broadside & / or Tidal Wave - but I'd love to see what it would Look like in Jetfire Colours too.

I don't think so. Look at the head. It has the separate eyes, the mouth. It looks like Tidal Wave to me
Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819283)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:35pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

Weird, it looks like a mouth plate on my monitor: no sculpted lips. Plus, mouth plate or not, the first character model for Broadside has a mouth:

Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819284)
Posted by King Kuuga on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:35pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:Same here! :D Though, I kinda wonder if they'd make a new Sandstorm and Springer. If they do I'd be glad to have a better Sandstorm than the old and harder-to-get one. (Unless if Sandstorm were to be a Walgreens exclusive! :( )

But Sandstorm is still out there and he hasn't inflated much. I'd rather just get the ones that need updating and leave the ones who were fine alone.
Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819285)
Posted by RAR on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:36pm CDT
I think it's intended to be both... if looking at the mould in general - (excluding possible head changes)

It has Tidal Wave style Feet for sure.

But Tidal Wave didn't have a jet mode Broadside did - and there is a lot of Jet kibble on there.

"However" there is always the excuse to say he got some cross over in his mode because of him Minicon being a jet.

As for specific Broadside bits - it has visible Jet kibble on similar places to the cartoon models and it has the bubble on the chest.
Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819286)
Posted by Autobot N on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:36pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

Weird, it looks like a mouth plate on my monitor: no sculpted lips.
I can see both, depending on how I look at it.
Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819287)
Posted by Kurona on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:37pm CDT
I think it's also very much worth comparing to his fictional appearances.

G1 Cartoon models (especially the one on the right):-

IDW Broadside:-

(somehow the best picture I could find...)

Toy:-

I'm getting an IDW vibe myself
Re: Possible Titans Return Broadside figure revealed (1819288)
Posted by frogbat on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:38pm CDT
colours say broadside, head says tidal wave...

look interesting and will probably get him - i always had a love hate relationship with the g1 toy - very crap but also full of potential. Hope they match his g1 weapons which were pretty cool (axe, rifle, 2 rockets)...

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "transformers age of extinction snarl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Quintesson Judge + x2 Allicon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Lot. Shockwave Plus More. Pre Owned." on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION DINOBOT SLUG" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION DELUXE CLASS CROSSHAIRS & HOT SHOT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC  Quintesson Pit of Judgement PREORDER Mar/Apr arr ???? ship4inbox" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series #2 Decepticon Stinger from Age of Extinction*Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Dinobot Slug figure with 1 sword and manual" on EBAY