Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon?

Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon?

Thursday, March 10th, 2011 4:45pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 45,170

Thanks to seibertron.com member mbd88prime we know of something very interesting going on over at toyzz unlimited's website. For those who have no idea who toyzz unlimited is, well they produce the custom G1 Arcee head for Animated Arcee named Polaris.
They are currently having a competition, "The April Toy Giveaway", the purpose of which seems to be to give people an incentive (the chance to win a free Generations Wheeljack) to vote for their next project - A Devcon upgrade set.
The strange thing is the set is already up for pre-order and slated for a 1st Quarter 2011 release, the competition, however, tells us that the set will be a head to change Generations Scourge into Devcon.
We have mirrored the only available image found at their website.

If you're wondering who Devcon is, here's the Vector Sigma Database entry for him.

There is no information concerning a concrete release date or pricing of the set, we will, however keep you updated.

Credit(s): mbd88prime, toyzz unlimited

This article was last modified on Saturday, March 12th, 2011 2:45am CST

Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193087)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 10th, 2011 @ 4:49pm CST
Jeez, as if Scourge wasn't going to be the highest-demand Generations toy already due to troop-building...

...oh, and I'll probably get this too. And maybe even their pointless Arcee head.
Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193128)
Posted by SwerveGears on March 10th, 2011 @ 6:16pm CST
Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193199)
Posted by JERRYUS PRIME on March 10th, 2011 @ 8:35pm CST
i always knew sourge would be a great mold for a custom devcon head :APPLAUSE: ...hopefully it comes with some blaster...3 parties need to make a custom head for generations blurr to look more g1...BUT POLARIS is a lilto price for 1 head n 2 blasters...but hey we still like em
Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193215)
Posted by Poyguimogul on March 10th, 2011 @ 9:04pm CST
YES! PLEASE!!
Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193221)
Posted by Hal7300 on March 10th, 2011 @ 9:26pm CST
SwerveGears wrote:In my geeky opinion, Blur makes much more sense. Or Energon Slugslinger. They resemble Devcon more.

From tfwiki:

''Among the submitted proposals for 3H's BotCon 2005 exclusives was Energon Slugslinger (with a new head) as Devcon. Whether it actually would have been produced had 3H kept the convention license is unknown.''

Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193222)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 10th, 2011 @ 9:28pm CST
I wonder what they suggest to do with the big Decepticon symbol on Scourge?
Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193224)
Posted by Skice on March 10th, 2011 @ 9:33pm CST
Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193235)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 10th, 2011 @ 10:03pm CST
Skice wrote:Yay more "3rd party" aka knock-off crap. I'll just stick to my official Transformers products thank you.

Haha you poor lost "official" soul.. ;)
Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193246)
Posted by Skice on March 10th, 2011 @ 10:28pm CST
amcgrath929 wrote:

Haha you poor lost "official" soul.. ;)

I'm not lost on anything. Have fun overpaying for items of dubious quality at best.
Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193251)
Posted by It Is Him on March 10th, 2011 @ 10:33pm CST
Skice wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:

Haha you poor lost "official" soul.. ;)

I am, and they're a blast! I <3 my Hardhead upgrade. :x
Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193252)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 10th, 2011 @ 10:33pm CST
Skice wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:

Haha you poor lost "official" soul.. ;)

Haha I'm just picking on you. I've heard your rants on the podcast. You really should try one out though if the financial opportunity presents itself. Say, FP's Protector to tide you over until Hasbro's release of MP Hot Rod. You may be pleasantly surprised.
Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193255)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 10th, 2011 @ 10:35pm CST
It Is Him wrote:
I am, and they're a blast! I <3 my Hardhead upgrade. :x

Which one do you own?
Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193261)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 10th, 2011 @ 10:49pm CST

$200 for MP Rodimus

$80 for Protector (+10 for Rodimus)

Which one were people complaining about the quality on?
Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193263)
Posted by robofreak on March 10th, 2011 @ 11:01pm CST
@Skice: Didn't you want a City Commander back in the day?

Anyways, if it's cheap enough and in the right size, I might just modify it to fit Energon Slugslinger instead.
Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193264)
Posted by It Is Him on March 10th, 2011 @ 11:02pm CST
amcgrath929 wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
I am, and they're a blast! I <3 my Hardhead upgrade. :x

Which one do you own?

The first one, though I may pick up the second "Cartoon" upgrade when it comes out. Haven't decided, and that's OK.
Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193265)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 10th, 2011 @ 11:03pm CST
It Is Him wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
I am, and they're a blast! I <3 my Hardhead upgrade. :x

Which one do you own?

Ah, I see. That's the same one I have so I'm in the same boat.
Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193288)
Posted by quickmixed on March 11th, 2011 @ 1:33am CST

Did it resemble Devcon at all?
Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193322)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on March 11th, 2011 @ 5:44am CST
quickmixed wrote:I cant remember what it looked like exactly and I dont have my instunctions on hand, but wasnt there a re-molded heald sculpt on Scourges instruction sheet.

Did it resemble Devcon at all?

Nope

Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193330)
Posted by Hal7300 on March 11th, 2011 @ 6:09am CST
Counterpunch wrote:$200 for MP Rodimus

$80 for Protector (+10 for Rodimus)

Which one were people complaining about the quality on?

QFT
Re: Possible Toyzz Unlimited Devcon? (1193376)
Posted by Rated X on March 11th, 2011 @ 8:42am CST
Who the hell is Devcon ???

The image looks like Blurr to me. Make it Blurr !!! Give us a G1 style head for Generations Blurr because the head Hasbro put really sucks.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "G1 Transformers Whirl 100% Complete with accessories" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Jada Nano Hollywood Rides Optimus Prime- Bumblebee & Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Mixable Mashable Optimus Prime Transformers - COMPLETE NO BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction High Octane Bumblebee complete AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee Roar and Rescue 100% Complete Rescan Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Bumblebee Complete Mixable Mashable Heroes Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Blades the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Optimus Prime Complete Mixable Mashable Heroes Transformers" on EBAY