Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found

Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found

Wednesday, May 20th, 2020 4:03pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 39,177

Fellow Seibertronian Sentinel Primal made us aware of a post form Reddit featuring what appears to be a sleeper mode redeco of Earthrise "leader" Optimus Prime. What is most convincing about this is the fact that most of the "colour" comes from the plastic rather than paint which wouldn't be the case were it a custom.

Sentinel_Primal wrote:Apparently the leaker that leaked Bluestreak and Ratchet last year got his hands on a new figure... And it's Sleep Mode Optimus Prime.

We know nothing else aside from this photo at this point in time.

Transformers News: Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

This article was last modified on Wednesday, May 20th, 2020 4:05pm CDT

Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2064972)
Posted by First Gen on May 20th, 2020 @ 4:10pm CDT
Dammit. Trying to be selective with this line is extremely difficult.
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2064973)
Posted by Quantum Surge on May 20th, 2020 @ 4:17pm CDT
I can make my own black and white TV Optimus Prime on photoshop and save money on this. >:oP
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2064974)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 20th, 2020 @ 4:22pm CDT
I like that they'll make battle damaged versions of figures, and black and white versions, but we still don't have a black and white battle damaged optimus prime. Really that's the only time you see Optimus in black and white like that, when he's had the s**t kicked out of him by Megatron.
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2064976)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 20th, 2020 @ 4:42pm CDT
That's kinda super lame.

I wanted to see a SG or G2 Prime from this, not this.
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2064982)
Posted by Brokebot on May 20th, 2020 @ 4:48pm CDT
He's dead, Jim.
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2064986)
Posted by GeekyGamer Gal on May 20th, 2020 @ 4:59pm CDT
Brokebot wrote:He's dead, Jim.

Everybody's dead, Dave.

Sorry, gotta love some Red Dwarf. :-D
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2064988)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on May 20th, 2020 @ 5:03pm CDT
Dead Optimus repaint? Ehhhhhhhh.
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2064989)
Posted by o.supreme on May 20th, 2020 @ 5:05pm CDT
Meh...if it was the predicable Nemesis Prime, or some other character sharing the same body (a s others have mentioned SG etc...) I would be interested, but as this is literally the same character, just portraying him at his lowest point, it holds no interest to me

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Really that's the only time you see Optimus in black and white like that, when he's had the s**t kicked out of him by Megatron.

OP dished out just as much as he took, if not for Unicron, Megs would have died as well.
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2064994)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 20th, 2020 @ 5:23pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:That's kinda super lame.

I wanted to see a SG or G2 Prime from this, not this.

We still could to be fair, nothing saying this is going to be the only repaint. MP 01 recieved a similar repaint didn't it?

GeekyGamer Gal wrote:
Brokebot wrote:He's dead, Jim.

Everybody's dead, Dave.

Sorry, gotta love some Red Dwarf. :-D

You are my new best friend.
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2065003)
Posted by Skritz on May 20th, 2020 @ 5:43pm CDT
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2065006)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on May 20th, 2020 @ 5:45pm CDT
Skritz wrote:I guess this could end up a SELECTS. I can't imagine them selling a 'dead Optimus' as a mainline figure.

It's definitely not gonna be mainline, but I'm not sure it'll be Selects either. Some people are speculating this was gonna be the SDCC exclusive. I'm betting it'll end up like the toy-colors Refraktor pack, as a non-Selects fan channel exclusive.
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2065015)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on May 20th, 2020 @ 6:04pm CDT
I'll be honest, even though it's Prime's corpse, I might get it just as a stand alone figure. I can't really justify retail Prime because it's so similar to Siege Prime, but something about this color scheme just appeals to me
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2065016)
Posted by skycutter on May 20th, 2020 @ 6:05pm CDT
Jeddostotle7 wrote:

I speculate it going to be a netflix toy
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2065020)
Posted by Flashwave on May 20th, 2020 @ 6:38pm CDT
skycutter wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:

I speculate it going to be a netflix toy

Maybe? But I just don't see them putting "Dead Optimus Prime" on the shelf in the TOY SECTION between the Power Rangers and the TMNT figures. I feel like thats a Class Action from some Karen Parentgroup just WAITING to happen.
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2065021)
Posted by LordBludgeon on May 20th, 2020 @ 6:40pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:That's kinda super lame.

I wanted to see a SG or G2 Prime from this, not this.

I'm still hoping for a Toxitron redeco of this. Probably not going to happen though. Earthrise Nemesis Prime I hope is at least on the horizon at some point. SG Prime would also be awesome as well.
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2065022)
Posted by Skritz on May 20th, 2020 @ 6:45pm CDT
Given that Nemesis Prime was technically a Takara Tomy figure, we haven't really seen Hasbro do a redeco of the Siege Optimus beyond the special edition. I'd love to have a Toxitron Shattered Glass or even Nova Prime out of their Siege Optimus or the ER one. I could absolutely see Nova Prime as a redeco of the Galaxy Convoy figure. I doubt it will happen at this point but I think it would work nicely.
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2065023)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 20th, 2020 @ 6:45pm CDT
LordBludgeon wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:That's kinda super lame.

I wanted to see a SG or G2 Prime from this, not this.

You know what, a Toxitron redeco would also be welcomed by me
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2065024)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 20th, 2020 @ 7:33pm CDT
Wouldn't he have to be a tanker in order to be Toxitron?
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2065025)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on May 20th, 2020 @ 7:38pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Wouldn't he have to be a tanker in order to be Toxitron?

That's why I'm kinda hoping for a proper Leader-class G2 Laser Prime soon, not just cuz I'm very unsatisfied with the Octane pre-tool one we got in TR, but also because it could then be retooled into a proper Scourge and Toxitron.
Re: Possible Transformers Earthrise Leader Sleep Mode Prime Picture Found (2065027)
Posted by First Gen on May 20th, 2020 @ 8:27pm CDT
The negative feedback on this is kinda depressing. We've been begging Hasbro for a G1 accurate trailered Prime for years. MP was the only option. And Hasbro has never released a Sleep Mode Prime, so to think we may be getting this, and people are complaining about it, makes me remember why I left the boards to begin with.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLURR, Optimus Prime Racing Trailer variant 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Transformers Bumble Spud Playskool Bumblebee 2008 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Mega Mighties Bumblebee 10-inch Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes Action Figure Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "IDW Comics TRANSFORMERS GREATEST BATTLES OF OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATORN GN TPB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse THUNDERCRACKER STARSCREAM ACID STORM SLIPSTREAM Seekers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MP-01 Acid Storm - Masterpiece Acidstorm TRU Toys R Us Decepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Acid Storm MP-01 Masterpiece Figure Toys R Us Exclusive" on EBAY