Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet

Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet

Friday, October 21st, 2016 3:49am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 96,184

Transformers News: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet

Credit(s): Various

Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835172)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 21st, 2016 @ 3:53am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:

What? How did they reduce his huge back kibble? And why didn't they do it for AD31? [-(
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835173)
Posted by Rainmaker on October 21st, 2016 @ 3:53am CDT
Seems just as bad as that one AoE Prime..

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835175)
Posted by Rainmaker on October 21st, 2016 @ 3:56am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Tyrannacon wrote:Personally hoping for more Megatron as always, but that should go without saying since I practically idolize the character and subsequent shrine I made. :P

Jes my favourite too, I just wished they made a damn movie where he is the main menace and not put on the side as a secondary vilain or only given 10 mins of screentime.

Wasn't he the main villain in the first movie?
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835176)
Posted by RAR on October 21st, 2016 @ 3:57am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:

It looks like they finally realised the wheels need to fold in at a right angle flat onto his back (which was kinda obvious from the outset).
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835183)
Posted by Kurona on October 21st, 2016 @ 5:12am CDT
Still not interested myself, but I'm happy for movie toy collectors that they finally get a better toy for this design.
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835191)
Posted by RAR on October 21st, 2016 @ 5:39am CDT
Any info to got with this to say if it is a Voyager or a Leader Class - as looking at what happened in past lines the start off with a Leader then follow up later with a Voyager.

We could do with a post AOE Voyager Prime that isn't a KO. I think it's to well decorated to be a Deluxe though.

I can't wait to see the premium Deco version they will no doubt make in Japan.

-----

Oh and I don't personally have a specific "Movie Collection" they all get thrown in together from Rescue Bots to KO, and from Generations to Movie to 3rd party. That said I'd not say Movie toys are my primary Interest - since I don't actually even bother watching the Movies but I don't discount them either. I guess I got kinda relaxed to them as IDW's designs seem so much more exaggerated to me it kinda made the Movie stuff look pretty reasonable to me after that.
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835204)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 21st, 2016 @ 6:34am CDT
Meh! just mostly looks like the previous one >:oP

+ i'm happy enough with the AOE Leader Class that i've got ;)
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835206)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on October 21st, 2016 @ 6:37am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:It looks like the design leak has not been plugged, as we have a fresh new image for the new Transformers: The Last Knight toyline, in the possible form (treat this as rumour until we know better) of leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime! The design shares some features with the Age of Extinction look, but looks a lot more streamlined in robot mode - check it out mirrored below from a variety of sources, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

Wow, that actually looks pretty good! My guess is that it's a remold of the AOE one, but substantially upgraded. It is cool that his shoulder armor plates are actually their own thing, unlike AOE where they were formed by truck kibble.
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835208)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on October 21st, 2016 @ 6:55am CDT
Looks much better than the previous movie Optimus Prime (Although I don't actually own one), but that sword looks a bit small...
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835210)
Posted by 1984forever on October 21st, 2016 @ 7:02am CDT
Looks more like Alpha Trion than Optimus Prime. I guess this is part of the movement to make Transformers more relatable to people by humanizing them more.

AoE was the worst. I don't even own it.
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835227)
Posted by Scramjet on October 21st, 2016 @ 8:02am CDT
Dang it. I wish my Armor Knight Optimus had a tiny backpack :-(
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835229)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 21st, 2016 @ 8:03am CDT
Hmm, looks alright. Need some more convincing, but at least this one looks better backpack wise
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835235)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on October 21st, 2016 @ 8:35am CDT
This design of Optimus is WAAAAAYYYY better than the Age of Extinction design. Fingers crossed and hope it is a legitimate design for the Last Knight Optimus Prime Leader figure.
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835256)
Posted by william-james88 on October 21st, 2016 @ 8:57am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:Dang it. I wish my Armor Knight Optimus had a tiny backpack :-(

Yeah, thats what I was thinking, FUCK! I dont want to own several leader Optimus toys using that Western Star Design. And while this one seems "better", we can see the listed paint apps and he will be bare bones with a ton of unpainted grey and blue plastic. Then again, its the same as with the original trilogy. The first leader wasnt screen accurate but it was fine, but then the ROTF leader was super screen accurate and then they kept rereleasing it looking better and better up until this fucking year where they are still releasing that mold and hopefully making it right this time. I wasnt collecting at the time, so I am just buying the latest one and calling it a day. But with this AOE design, I fear I will be stuck in a new version of that cycle where there will be slight improvements each year or so to the same design and I wont know when to put my chips down and get it. I jut dont want to own many of them, and I really like my AD 31, easily the best paint job of the last 5 years.

But this is an exciting time nonetheless. I just adore seeing these early designs and wondering how things transform. Its really fun with movie toys and with RID confirmed as still releasing toys next year aong with generations, there will be a bunch of leaks and products revealed for us to talk about. Looking forward to it.

But damn, he needs mroe paint apps.
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835282)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 21st, 2016 @ 9:34am CDT
william-james88 wrote:But damn, he needs mroe paint apps.
I'm sure we can expect Takara to do something about that. ;)
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835301)
Posted by william-james88 on October 21st, 2016 @ 10:01am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:But damn, he needs mroe paint apps.
I'm sure we can expect Takara to do something about that. ;)

Yeah but I am sick of paying for imports. TR actually did a pretty good job with paint in comparison, its too bad we seem to be going back into a rut.
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835396)
Posted by .... on October 21st, 2016 @ 2:07pm CDT
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835405)
Posted by william-james88 on October 21st, 2016 @ 2:48pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:This thing looks AWESOME! This looks even better than the Armor Knight Prime to me!

Do you own Armour Knight? Thats a toy you just have to own to see how awesome it is. The shinyness just distracts you so much from the back kibble that it all just dissapears.
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835417)
Posted by .... on October 21st, 2016 @ 3:38pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I don't own him, but GAWSH I wanted him. I was referring to how awesome the mold is on the new one. Just image this guy with the extra molding and paint of AK OP!
Re: Possible Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy Design Sheet (1835420)
Posted by william-james88 on October 21st, 2016 @ 3:40pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Oh no argument there silly, thats why I was all torn up earlier. I like my AD 31 but you bet yourass I would have preferred getting that deco on a mold that doesnt have that insane backpack.

One thing to take note though, looking at those shoulder pins, this isnt a leader but more like a voyager. There could be a silver lining there since it wouldnt be like replacing AD31 and I could have a prime looking that way that scales with my OS Lockdown.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "transformers vintage lot Hightower, Grimlock, Rollbar (used/incomplete with Box)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 57 Offroad Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Armada Unicron with minicon Dead End 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Original G1 Transformers Constructicon Scrapper Laser Pistol Weapon Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Alternators Deadend with box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Decepticon Deadend" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Transformers G1 Diecast Model Car Autobot Optimus Prime 1:32 99524" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 CONSTRUCTICON SCAVENGER, Vintage Takara 1984" on EBAY